• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Import and sound issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Sorry if this question has already been asked a million times but I've tried everything.

My problem is that imported 3D sounds are not audible when I check '3D Sound' option in Sound Manager. If this option is unchecked I can hear the sound perfectly, but it is played all across the map then.

I tried imputing all possible numbers and checking differnet boxes in the menu with different imported sounds, but I cannot hear any sound when '3D sound' is checked anyway.

Do you have any idea?

Attachments

• mapsoundtest.w3x
    34.7 KB · Views: 54
Level 13
I tested your map, and it works perfectly fine for me. However, I've heard that Warcraft 3 has some limitations when it comes to sound quality. It accepts only 22 KHz as Sample Rate, 16 bit, and its channel must be mono. Keep in mind that I'm not 100% sure about that, but it works for some people.

Check this one, and see if it works for you.

Attachments

• mapsoundtest.w3x
    33.1 KB · Views: 49
Level 3
I tested your map, and it works perfectly fine for me. However, I've heard that Warcraft 3 has some limitations when it comes to sound quality. It accepts only 22 KHz as Sample Rate, 16 bit, and its channel must be mono. Keep in mind that I'm not 100% sure about that, but it works for some people.

Check this one, and see if it works for you.
I downloaded your map, but I cannot hear it anyway, no idea why. I can hear the rifleman 'what1' response though, but not my custom sound. The thing that bothers me is that it works for you but not for me.
My sound and music settings are on 100% vol, all other ingame sounds work perfectly well except for custom ones with '3D' mark on.

The problem is still unsolved, but thank you anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.