• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

imported sound as 3D sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How can I use an imported sound file (wav. or .mp3) as a 3D sound?

I have trouble running imported sound files (.wav and .mp3 both don't work) as 3D sounds.

From what I gathered so far: I need .wav to play a 3D sound. However, in the sound options of the imported file the "3D sound"-box is grey; but not in .mp3 files.

I'm using Magtheridons' SoundTools library to play sounds - so I don't use the "variables" from the sound editor, but the path to the located file.
I can play normal wc3 sounds as 3D sounds without problems. I can also play the imported sounds as "global" (non-3D) sounds. But not as 3D sounds.
//***********************************************
UPDATE: nevermind. Don't require this any longer. Didn't solve it but just avoid it entirely.

Last edited:
Just for future reference (and for future searches), most wc3 sounds have the following properties:
Doomhammer said:
Most sounds Warcraft3 are saved as 22,050 khz, 16 bit, 1 channel (mono) pcm wave files. When you import your own sounds, they have to apply to these specifications, with the exception of music, which is saved in mp3 format.
Source

You might be able to play around with some of the features and still get it to work as 3D, but you should generally try to follow those specs. You should be able to use Audacity for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.