• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to turn sound to 3D sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
is it possible to turn a non 3D sound to a 3D one?
(i want to use a .wav from SC1 in WC3, but its not 3D)

EDIT: actually the sound does fade with increasing distance (as its supposed to be)
the problem is just, that the sound cant be played multiply at the same time

EDIT:
current results:
when the sound is imported as .wav, the 3D-flag cant be selected
when the sound is imported as .mp3, the 3D-flag can be selected, but then the sound doesn't play at all

Last edited:
Level 7
i tried different channels (channel "fight" or "battle" or w.e. its called in english, for example), but that didnt change anything

Level 7
here.
it actually was a .wav data, but i converted it 'cause hiveworkshop told me, .wav was an invalid file.

Attachments

• ZLrkFir2.mp3
    37.6 KB · Views: 82
Level 25
attachment.php

Imported it as-is, and my 3D flag isn't greyed out. Going to test if it works ingame.

Attachments

• soundimport.png
    soundimport.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 780
Level 7
it absolutely does not work perfectly, cause theres still the problem that the sound doesnt play multiply at the same time
as far as you i got allready, as written in the first post

You want to play the sound more than once at the same time?
I think does not support more than one sound triggered, there is a tutorial to play multiple sounds at once with jass here on hive if i'm not wrong.

Mmm attached another map... Something like this?

PS: I don't know if this can cause lag over use it: P, the waits are not necessary, are only for testing.

Attachments

• Sonido_Test.w3x
    84.7 KB · Views: 108
Level 7
overwriting "native" sounds works properly indeed, but i would do it with special effects instead of units, cause units leak
and thx for the hint about that jass tutorial, i'll try to find it
but if it doesn't work triggerwise, then i'll do it by overwriting native sounds, like in ur map

Status
Not open for further replies.