• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to play this 3D sound???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
prtsc1.png

Edit: ...

i want this sound to be able to be played as any WarCraft 3D sound

the problem is that when i start this sound i cannot play it again until it is finished

so if i have 10 units with this sound i will one hear one

does anyone know how to make imported sound to work like any other WarCraft 3D sound?

Last edited:
you can always play normal sounds but i want to play a 3D sound when my unit attacks a unit and it does not work

Then with triggers like a spell :D

• 3d Sound
  • Event:
  • Unit- Attacks or get damaged or something
  • Condition:
  • Attacking unit equal to X Unit
  • Action:
  • Set XVariableregion to region 1
  • Region-Move to position of triggering unit
  • Sound-Play 3d sound at XVariableRegion
and so on

Level 13
nwm.its just fixed now :D

sorry for posting this,i thing something was wrong with the imported sound

just tell me if this could leaks

• machinegun
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play machinegun <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Attacking unit)

nwm.its just fixed now :D

sorry for posting this,i thing something was wrong with the imported sound

just tell me if this could leaks

• machinegun
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play machinegun <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Attacking unit)

OK first of i dunno if you wanted it so now when ever some1 attacks it will play that song so even if you are at the end of the map (corrner) and the other dude is at the start and he attacks you will hear it :D
I think it doesent leak but what do i know :nw:

Level 13
OK first of i dunno if you wanted it so now when ever some1 attacks it will play that song so even if you are at the end of the map (corrner) and the other dude is at the start and he attacks you will hear it :D
I think it doesent leak but what do i know :nw:

no it will not,it is now 3D sound and its playing on position of attacking unit

oh,and i forgot to that i seted the min distance to 600

i just think it might leak coz it attached to unit over and over again

Level 7
So u want a imported sound to be a attacking sound...its easy...think of it as a skin you might have to copy it or get other sounds of it to sound more unique but
- first look at sound editor -> sounds -> Units -> COmbat
- Then you are where the unit attack sounds come from you shall replace the AxeMediumChopWood , unless you are using wood cutters in your map, with your sounds so make that a sound so u can hear it.
- go to import manager and go to your machine gun sound and make the path to Sounds\Units\Combat\AxeMediumChopWood1
- now go back to the unit you want to make that sound and set the attack sound to Axe Medium Chop

Note: Since there is 3 other AxeMediumChopWood sounds i recomend finding other sounds of machine guns so it doesnt always sound like that and then set the path to
Sounds\Units\Combat\AxeMediumChopWood2
Sounds\Units\Combat\AxeMediumChopWood3
Sounds\Units\Combat\AxeMediumChopWood4
and then you are finished!
I hoped i helped!
{EDIT}
this doesnt leak and works for the range u set it to on the unit

Level 13
on that way i have to waste memory because i need to import my sound 4 times.... not good

EDIT:new problem ...

while i play my sound it cannot be played again until its finished,so if i have 10 units with that sound i will hear like there is just one unit

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
on that way i have to waste memory because i need to import my sound 4 times.... not good
Memory is hardly an issue with WC3, most computers now have in excess of 1GB of the stuff after the OS has loaded and the sounds will add hardly any more to the memory load as WC3 loads sounds for those already.
I believe you meant to refer to map file size on backing storage, this is not memory.

As long as no new sound object is created, no leak will occur.
while i play my sound it cannot be played again until its finished,so if i have 10 units with that sound i will hear like there is just one unit
Well you obviously have not played maps like green circle TD where towers attack at an insane rate with noisy effects. If you did you would notice that you can not hear all the sounds of the projectiles at any one time, infact you can only hear up to X simultanious sounds so despite 7 towers attacking at 8 shots per second you only hear like 4-6 of those shots sound effects per second. This is a hard coded problem with WC3 and almost every game and I doubt there is an easy work around as it is related to how the game uses the channels in the sound hardware to render and output sound.

3D sounds are more intensive than 2D flat sounds so they logically take more processing time and so you can have fewer of them.

Level 13
Well you obviously have not played maps like green circle TD where towers attack at an insane rate with noisy effects. If you did you would notice that you can not hear all the sounds of the projectiles at any one time, infact you can only hear up to X simultanious sounds so despite 7 towers attacking at 8 shots per second you only hear like 4-6 of those shots sound effects per second. This is a hard coded problem with WC3 and almost every game and I doubt there is an easy work around as it is related to how the game uses the channels in the sound hardware to render and output sound.

3D sounds are more intensive than 2D flat sounds so they logically take more processing time and so you can have fewer of them.

ok,but the problem is that i will not hear my unit´s attack if some other players already have that type of unit,so i really need to fix that.i will not hear his attacks no matter how far the units are from each other,if the sound is started,that sound type cannot be played anywhere on map until it is finished
i just need it to work like any other WarCraft 3D sound

Level 13
Create multiple of them, like an array of 10 of them. Then every attack you pick one of them which is not playing.
ok,i will try it tomorrow ...
but...
do i need to make more sound variables in sound editor?
do i need to make more array variables like fro every player?
are you sure i don't need more sounds of one type in import manager?

anyway...:thumbs_down: xD sry,i have many custom sounds (for almost each weapon) i think i will have about imported 15 sounds

:fp: i just need to make imported sound to work like any other WarCraft 3D Sound
so if anyone knows that it would be very helpful

Level 13
well did it on your way and it would work but is not good for my map and it is not like any other WarCraft 3D sound because i would need 12 sound variables for one type of sound
so its 15 x 12 witch is 180 sound variables instead just 15
....:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.