• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Best Way to Get Passive Looping Sound On A Unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. perhaps someone here can give me a suggestion.

what i have is a unit that enters the region.. flies around for a few seconds and then disapears... during the time that this unit exists i would like to have a passive sound looping on it.. hearing it the entire time he exists and stopping when he disapears.

i'm not that experienced with sounds. i've noticed a "sound movement" and "sound random" in the object of the unit..and some looping fade in/out rates there too.

i've also noticed in the trigger secion the function "play 3d sound on unit" and "attach 3d sound to unit"

unless there are others, which would be my best method to accomplish this?

Level 13
Yeah, you can use a buff that's not visible, though I'm not sure how that works exactly. An examples of such buffs are Tornado's slow aura, Invisibility, Carrion Swarm (caster) etc.

Try experimenting with that, use a dummy unit that casts a spell that would give an invisible buff to the target unit

Status
Not open for further replies.