• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 sound looping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi!

I have a problem. I'm in the middle of a map progress, and this map is sort of futuristic. So in the map I have Marines with weapons, and I would like to hear a nice, smooth gun sound, when those Marines are firing at enemies. Now I have a trigger, looking like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Events:
Unit - A Unit is Attacked

Conditions:
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions:
Unit Type of (Attacking Unit)) Equal to 'Marine Shotgun'
Unit Type of (Attacking Unit)) Equal to 'some other model I have'

Actions:
Sound - Play 'Shotgun sound' at X% volume, attached to (Attacking Unit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This trigger simply runs when I have 1 Marine firing at a target. But here's the problem; this sound is like 5 seconds long. Now I place 2 Marines next to each other, the 1st starts firing at a target, and the 2nd starts firing at a target just 2 seconds after the first. Here I would like to force the sound to play 2 times, crossing eachother, but that won't work. I do only hear the sound being played once; the sound can only play once it's done playing, it can't LOOP.

So I thought that with downloading some kind of Model Editor I could open up a model, and find the attached sound to that model (Used War3 Model Editor) but with no luck. So any suggestions?

Level 2
function DefineSound takes string fileName, integer duration, boolean looping, boolean is3D returns integer
function DefineSoundEx takes string fileName, integer duration, boolean looping, boolean is3D, boolean stopwhenoutofrange, integer fadeInRate, integer fadeOutRate, string eaxSetting returns integer
function RunSound takes integer soundRef returns sound
function RunSoundOnUnit takes integer soundRef, unit whichUnit returns sound
function RunSoundAtPoint takes integer soundRef, real x, real y, real z returns sound
function RunSoundForPlayer takes integer soundRef, player p returns sound
function ReleaseSound takes sound s returns boolean
Where do I put this code?
In the trigger editor?
When I mark a trigger, I can click "Edit" and find "Convert to Custom Text", but then the trigger already has some codes within it.

Level 2
Probably.. And I must say that I've never worked with scripts, so...
Though I thought of another thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Events:
Unit - A Unit is Attacked

Conditions:
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions:
Unit Type of (Attacking Unit)) Equal to 'Marine Shotgun'
Unit Type of (Attacking Unit)) Equal to 'some other model I have'

Actions:
Sound - Stop (Last played sound) Immediately
Sound - Play 'Shotgun sound' at X% volume, attached to (Attacking Unit)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing is... I would like the sound to fade out, but this isn't possible without the sound being a socalled '3D sound'.

Status
Not open for further replies.