• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Play sound-Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I don't know a lot about sounds, but this aint working. I want to play sound at position of attacking unit, to use it lik a weapon sound effect.

• Animations
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Mammoth Tank
              • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to T-34
              • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to T-80
        • Then - Actions
          • Sound - Play Explosion <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at (Position of (Attacking unit)) with Z offset 600.00
        • Else - Actions

Level 14
you have to make sure, that the sound is a 3D sound, to play it at Point.

Go to the sound editor and select your sound by double clicking on it. There should be 3D sound, enable it, and try if its still not working

Level 8
it is 3D sound

sound.jpg

anyway, I have few more questions:

1. What means Z offset in sound action?
2. What is minimum range in 3D settings?
3. How to change the animation/weapon sound? This way I wouldn't need to trigger it.

edit: seems like the sound is playing, but it's preety low volume, even after I increased it manualy in audacity -.-

still, I will apreciete the answers on my question

edit2: fixed the volume issue, I used wav instead of mp3..

Last edited:
Level 8
another question, if anyone knows the answer:

The lenght of the sound is 2 sec, but the attack cd is only 1.5 sec, that's why sound play only every second attack. Why's that? Shouldt more sounds be able to be played in the same sound chanel at the same time?

Level 14
i recognized the same probelm, when i wanted to create a machingun by triggering it.

I thought of using a dummy spell with effect sound by basing it on Channeling Ability, and set down the rate, but i didnt test it.

But it seems so, that wc3 cant play sounds faster than around 1 sec...

By the way the other questions:
The z is the height from the ground, and the other parameters set the field, where you can hear the sound.

Level 8
But it seems so, that wc3 cant play sounds faster than around 1 sec...

ah ok, I will try some experiments

ty anyway

edit: But how are weapon and animation sound made? Those can play all the time (ex: 10 footmans attacking at the same time, you hear all the attacks)

Could I add my sound to weapon sounds somehow?

Last edited:
Level 14
hm im trying something in we, a system which plays several sounds using dummies that use their dummy abils triggered, i hope this works.

Yeah, you have to replace an already existing sound set, for example paladin soundset, i read a tutorial one day, but dont know it anymore, but its possible, as idodik said.

Just maybe google it ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.