• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

3D Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

can someone give me a 3d sound help here. i did a custom sound and put it in a region by its properties. not a single sound happens. did the distance be to long or short or something else?

Level 5
make sure your sound is flagged as a 3d sound you can do it in the sound editor section just select your sound variable double click on it to see the properties then check "3d sound" then check "stop when out of range" and set the rest as default :
min distance : 600
max distance : 10000
volume : 127
fade in and fade out :10
pitch:1

this should work if its not working the custom sound would be the issue.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

make sure your sound is flagged as a 3d sound you can do it in the sound editor section just select your sound variable double click on it to see the properties then check "3d sound" then check "stop when out of range" and set the rest as default :
min distance : 600
max distance : 10000
volume : 127
fade in and fade out :10
pitch:1

this should work if its not working the custom sound would be the issue.
didnt work. and you forgot the "distance cutoff" option.(i guess i didnt need to change it) and trigger does not work so its the sound.

Level 9
In sounds, you have to be sensitive around this.

If you set the sound as a 3D sound, then you need to use trigger actions like:
Play Sound on Unit
Play Sound at Point
Play Sound From Offset

If you did not set the sound as a 3D sound, then use:
Play Sound

To check if you're using the sound as 3D sound, you can see it at Sound Properties when you already set its variable.

It is important to check the Min Distance if you set it as a 3D sound, because imported sounds mostly have this setting wrong, rendering the sound to be almost not heard. Set Min Distance to 600. Just to make sure, set your Distance Cutoff at 2100.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

In sounds, you have to be sensitive around this.

If you set the sound as a 3D sound, then you need to use trigger actions like:
Play Sound on Unit
Play Sound at Point
Play Sound From Offset

If you did not set the sound as a 3D sound, then use:
Play Sound

To check if you're using the sound as 3D sound, you can see it at Sound Properties when you already set its variable.

It is important to check the Min Distance if you set it as a 3D sound, because imported sounds mostly have this setting wrong, rendering the sound to be almost not heard. Set Min Distance to 600. Just to make sure, set your Distance Cutoff at 2100.
i may test it sometimes. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.