• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So, what map is the first one you are planning to make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Doing a lot of RPG systems, maybe even ORPG, and when I feel that I'm familiar enough with the Editor, I'm going to redo them all in one single map :) hopefully at that time, a lot of awesome units are done to fit a somewhat Warcraft-like map...

Also, the first couple of maps I'm going to do, is probably melee maps, just to learn the different doodas and such. Learn to terrain fast.

Level 8
A fun and balanced Warriors of Gundra* map series, with two multiplayer maps and one eventual campaign.

*Warriors of Gundra features two factions (three in Starcraft 2's versions) with unique units on all sides and each has its own play style. The SC2 version includes a mercenary faction that has little to deal with base building at all.

Level 3
Rpg... Working on some high quality models that I will use and finish them when I know their texture format.

Level 35
I'm most probably going to wait until there are more models available, but if I am able to get a fast-learning modeller, I will definitely do a good LoTR RTS mod. What with all the new technology, I would be able to make Treants walk over cliffs (among Spiders and such), have some awesome effects for the Wizards, and ultimately create a decent atmosphere for the game. But that's only a possibility.

Oh, the LOTR RTS would also be much nicer what with all the new terraining technology. I could have huge cliff cities with buildings in the abyss and so on, so forth. Or I could even not do LOTR and create my own lore. But these are all just possibilities all the same.

Level 17
A footmen frenzy map just to get acquainted with the map making process for SC2. Then something more serious, possibly a zombie map or a map that toys around with FPS.

You do know that the current developers of footman frenzy also is going to swap to sc2 and continue with it there?
So you should probably change the layout of the map, and tweak it a bit, otherwise it will end up with everyone playing the "real" one, insted of yours ;-)

Level 8
You do know that the current developers of footman frenzy also is going to swap to sc2 and continue with it there?
So you should probably change the layout of the map, and tweak it a bit, otherwise it will end up with everyone playing the "real" one, insted of yours ;-)

I probably won't even release it, like I said, it's just to get acquainted with the editor.

Level 17
Why not? Just give the creators of the "real" map some competition :) They have no copyrights or so on it!

The problem with this is that even if a map is better then another, they always stick with the original, that is how we humans think.
Take Counter Strike for example, many people stick with it becouse that is what they first played, even if there is other shooting games that is better.

I do not think people would change from DotA to another AoS map only becouse it is better, they would go with DotA becouse they have always played it.

Level 9
The problem with this is that even if a map is better then another, they always stick with the original, that is how we humans think.
Take Counter Strike for example, many people stick with it becouse that is what they first played, even if there is other shooting games that is better.

I do not think people would change from DotA to another AoS map only becouse it is better, they would go with DotA becouse they have always played it.

Especially because of that reason (Not the Counter Strike example, CS is simply a perfect, simple FPS game(game-play wise) that is the main reason I think). Anyway, because StarCraft II is new people gets the chance to make a popular map, it's incredible hard at the moment to get people on Warcraft III b.net to play new maps by themself. So this is our oportunity to create maps which will get well known in the future, because people are not USED to anything in starcraft II yet! It's one of the best things about starcraft II in my opinion.

God I cant wait for it to come out..

Level 2
I plan on starting with a custom 1st/3rd person campain with a full story and exploration, full with custom models.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I'd want to make an Altered Melee and a RPG first, Then I'll Experiment with the others.

Level 2
A map with Xel'Naga as a race, if there are enough Xel'Naga units of course. Would probably be hell to balance as they all probably have uber stats. Also going to be adding in and balancing the SC1 units they left out. It would be nice to have lurkers back, infested marines, and medics. Also want to add and balance the world-cracker ability that the mothership used to have.

Also hopefully remaking WC3 in the editor if enough hi-def WC3 models are included (if 500 people arn't doing it aswell).

With all the possibilities of the editor it won't be suprising if actual gaming companies begin to develope with it aiming for premium, or if SC2 mods begin to attract fans of other genres.

Status
Not open for further replies.