1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Simple Model Workshop

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Kaizer, Feb 25, 2013.

1. doom_sheep

doom_sheep

Resources:
    Resources:
    Generators
    I found these lovely models but using them for towers made my players kill themselves over FPS drop. Can I get versions with about 98% less particles? one of them also creates an explosion many times its size when it dies and that should be reduced to something normal.
    I have permission.

I'd also like an optimized/simplified version of HuntressMissile with reduced noise, likewise because I want to fit a lot of them on the screen.

2. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you change the color of the attached model to yellow?

Attached Files:

3. streetpunk

streetpunk

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Here it is:

Attached Files:

4. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It didn't work for me because I am also using the unmodified version in my map.

5. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Here you go:

Attached Files:

6. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you!

7. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can I request animation transfers here?

8. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    You can transfer animations with Oinkerwinkle's Animation Transfer. You can download it here, and read this tutorial. However, it's better if you to learn to use MatrixEater. With MatrixEater you can transfer animations and so much more. You can download it here, and there are even Youtube tutorials.

9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Short Answer: Yes, but I don't know that anyone is around to actually do it. : ) Hermit's answer is best answer.

10. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tried using Oinkerwinkle's, but it would not work for me. I have not heard of MatrixEater, so I will try that.

11. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Can you elaborate?
    When you open the program go to File -> Simple Import

12. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When I transfer animations, it says the model has the animation, but when I check it out in warcraft 3 viewer and go to the animation, there is nothing animated. The name shows up, but nothing is there.
    Simple Import is grayed out, I think the problem has to do with the model converting to .mdl, because it is not showing up when I import it.

13. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Models should have same bone names and similar 'anatomy'.
    Don't download it from the first post. You should download the version from this post or the latest unreleased version that Retera sent me (I attached it below).
    You need to convert the model back to .mdx before importing it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  14. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, I actually managed to transfer an animation with the new version you sent me. However, I cannot seem to transfer more than one 'single animation'. I do not want to transfer every animation, just a select few. If this bug cannot be fixed then that's fine, it already saved me a few hours of work just by transferring one animation.

15. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Maybe I should make a tutorial for the Matrix eater, apart of the most ethereal transfers like copy parts of animations from things like Pitlord in a human, only with some screenshots you're good to go.

Give me 30 minutes i'm going to take some screens for you.

Edit.

Ok first on File -> Import -> From file and you have a window like in 1, that is the mesh window, press leave all.

The second window animation allows you to select animations, you can import all, import one, or import the necesary to your needs, select or leave as your wish. Also you can rename, resize the duration, and reverse the animation.

Third window is the boneset. You can, import the bones, transfer the information from the skeleton to your model.

Import motion into pre existing is the option for this.

The other two use leave all options, and finish, save, change to mdx and import.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  16. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Repeat the process and transfer animations one by one.
    Retera already made a tutorial series on youtube.

17. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did but I am getting a JAVA error. I managed to import 2/3 of the animations I wanted thanks to Himperion.

I am trying to transfer an animation from a model that I transferred an animation to. However, it gives me a long error.

Attached Files:

18. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Sometimes ribbon and particle emitters cause the model to crash. Or Animations with 60 seconds like, decay flesh, and decay bone.

Three options:

A: Delete particle emitters and ribbons, re-import them from a clean version of the model when everything is reade to put in a map.
    B: Using mdlvis, save the model in mdx format. Delete the crashing mdl model, and open the mdx version and save it in mdl format.
    C: Use a clean model and repeat again, sometimes take longer but this works 100%.

For decay bone and flesh crashes:

Be sure of making these two animations the last ones in the model to be imported.

19. Peacegetter

Peacegetter

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    REQUEST
    For the next Version of WIP: Reborn it would be really nice to have that syringe-hook thing from grobbulus as an attachment for the unit representing him. If someone finds time, here is a picture and the rip as an orientation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  20. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I managed to do steps B and C on my own, but I did not read this before hand. Step A sounds difficult to me as I am not a modeler. I just went ahead and made the animation again on the other models I needed it on. Thank you for your time.