• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Model Workshop

Here's the other two requests to go with the Sphinx (and an updated one based off of the Destroyer)

Edit: Attached Hydra with extra animations (see picture)

Attachments

• Tsubasa.blp
    39.8 KB · Views: 140
  • SphinxObsidian3.mdx
    247 KB · Views: 107
  • KiljaedenCinema7.mdx
    56.4 KB · Views: 142
  • WingsSpellTarget.mdx
    22.8 KB · Views: 112
  • EredarYellow.blp
    90.4 KB · Views: 104
  • RequestsRound1.png
    RequestsRound1.png
    422 KB · Views: 298
  • HydraFullheaded.png
    HydraFullheaded.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 367
  • HydraMoreAtksFinal_Portrait.mdx
    91.6 KB · Views: 110
  • HydraMoreAtksFinal.mdx
    491 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Level 10
Cool. But, I'll just request a simple one since i can't think of anything complicated.

Here's the request, i just need Furion (the one from the cinematic without the stag). He should have a bear mark on his back, that's the model i need you to base it on, and replace his staff with this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...61172/?prev=search=nature%20staff&d=list&r=20. Also, i might a few bunch of these http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...663/?prev=search=nature%20staff&d=list&r=20to circle around Furion, making him look very tranquil.

I could request something complicated next time but this is what i need for now.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Wow, leave for two weeks and all this happens. God bless you, Retera; quite a saintly proposal. Excellent work with that Sphinx thing; the Destroyer doesn't get enough love.

Zyne said:
hey there Kyrbi0, I wanna show my first wip, I first used rexxar's axe.

(click it to enlarge)

I want to show you the weapon if it suits what you like before I put on some armors

p.s the attack animation just looks fine

EDIT: do you want all the fire/explosion effects to be removed?
Lol, day after I leave. Sorry if it looked like I didn't care; I'm actually grateful & especially that you were so quick.

Alright. Lookin' interesting, actually. That view isn't too bad. If possible, I'd prefer to just have the .mdx (and of ensuing versions) so I can look at in every pose.

In regards to the fire/explosion effects, definitely. Um, probably. Feel free to remove the "death explosion" fiery affects, but leave the fiery attack (if any left) stuff. I'm still considering an alternate "fire-flinging" attack in keeping with the original.

While the Rexxar-axe is interesting, I feel a different weapon would be in better keeping with the Jungle Troll rider... If you could, I'd appreciate seeing a few other versions. Perhaps some classic spear(s) (Headhunter/Berserker), a sort of 'ranged glaive' (ripped/modified from Dragonspawn? but different texture), any other weapons you think are cool. Let me know.

Thanks again. Hope real-life sorts itself out for ya.

//EDIT - 1111th post. Lol.

Last edited:
Level 8
I haven't been on this thread for three days and now all of my requests are finish!!
Thank you very much, Retera!!
Excellent work with all the models and skins!!

EDIT: I'm using the Tsubasa skin, Retera, wouldn't that overwrite the new Tsubasa skin or should I just use one skin? Are they two different skins?

@SonicFlare101
I don't create animations purely from scratch (or at least I haven't save for maybe one time, with a tool that I don't currently have available), but I can "combine" data from animations with the Matrix Eater -- i.e., import motion from one hydra head onto another, and clone an "Attack" animation into "Attack Second".

@colinjames12
I re-posted that Tsubasa skin just to give easy access to it for the spell effect model-- it is exactly the same skin that you gave me, and you should only need one single copy of it in your map.

Current Request List (Chronological)
- Runed Axe, maybe from grom, I think Zyne is working on that one
- Malfurion (without stag) + special staff & glowy green spell orbits
- Ashenvale Tree/Canopy Tree fixed for units (if you've done MDL editing, all you have to do for this is replace "ReplaceableId <number>" where the <number> is somewhere in the 40s or 50s with a reference to the exact tree texture you want. I should be able to do that fast if you don't know how yet. I feel like somebody ought to make a tutorial on that, it's not as hard as you might think, but you do have to edit the model.
- Flaming Skeleton Pair (before the workshop has this done, maybe check out the "Units\Creeps\BurningArcher\BurningArcher" model or something about like that, it's hidden in the data but it's a skeleton archer with a flaming bow that's in default wc3)

I don't think I'll have time for these this evening, but here's a list so that we don't forget later.

Level 20
- Flaming Skeleton Pair (before the workshop has this done, maybe check out the "Units\Creeps\BurningArcher\BurningArcher" model or something about like that, it's hidden in the data but it's a skeleton archer with a flaming bow that's in default wc3)

I don't think I'll have time for these this evening, but here's a list so that we don't forget later.

Oh cool but I've checked that out before I requested the pair here... it would be really appreciated if the archer had a flaming body instead...

But it goes without saying; +REP!

Level 12
Need...to...help....here! So sorry Retera for doing all these requests, our internet ain't freakin working
DAMN YOU GLOBE!

We still don't have internet at our house.

Thanks so much! If I knew anything about modeling (sufficient knowledge to help you) I would help you and Zyne; but alas, at the moment I could only resize models.
Use Retera's MatrixEater :grin:

I really should put a "currently working on", "accepted requests" etc. tab here in the 1st page, that's the least I can do for you guys

Edit: I'll search for some tables right now and use the "current request list" of Retera
Edit2: anyone got links for the list of tables available here :grin:

Level 12
I'll answer your question

Things we do

Unexpected tab 2

Things we do not do

- geomerging (merging models)
- adding attachments
- adding portraits
- adding sounds to animations
- transferring animations
- removing weapons, glows etc.
- editing existing models (must have permission first)
[/tab]
- sfx
- animating
- creating model from scratch

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Zyne, perhaps something like this:

Status
DateNameRequestWho's Working On It

Finished!
??(link to request post)Zyne

Finished!

Finished!

2013?Grom?"runed axe" (link to request post)Zyne?

4/20/2013Kyrbi0Troll Batrider RemakeZyne

2013??"Malfurion (without stag) + special staff & glowy green spell orbits" (link to request post)?

2013??"Ashenvale Tree/Canopy Tree" (link to request post)Retera

2013??"Flaming Skeleton Pair" (link to request post)?

Just copy/paste, if it is to your liking. Also include your previous successes.

Last edited:
Level 20
Here Zyne I added mine and ruleoffireon99's requests:

Status
Date (Requested)NameRequestWho's Working On It

?
??(link to request post)None

?
??(link to request post)None

In Progress
4/20/2013Kyrbi0Troll Batrider RemakeZyne

In Progress
5/01/2013MasterTrainerRuned AxeZyne

Finished!
5/06/2013junoAncient Hydra with AnimationsRetera

In Progress
5/06/2013BunnyAngMalfurion RequestRetera?

Finished!
5/06/2013ruleoffireon99Ashenvale Tree/Canopy Tree as units Retera

In Progress
5/06/2013MasterTrainerFlaming Skeleton PairRetera

In Progress
5/08/2013collinjames12Seth RequestNone Yet

Just copy/paste, if it is to your liking. Also include your previous successes.

Last edited:
Level 25
- Ashenvale Tree/Canopy Tree fixed for units (if you've done MDL editing, all you have to do for this is replace "ReplaceableId <number>" where the <number> is somewhere in the 40s or 50s with a reference to the exact tree texture you want. I should be able to do that fast if you don't know how yet. I feel like somebody ought to make a tutorial on that, it's not as hard as you might think, but you do have to edit the model.

The funny thing is, I did try that earlier only to be left with a broken model.

But now that I followed your advice and carefully tried again, it worked!

Thanks again, /request done

Level 8
Hey Retera, I'm having some problems with the models that you made for me.

- I want the Kil'jaeden model to be just the same size of the Lich model. Just a normal size hero.

- The chest attachment for the sphinx model seems to be misplaced. When I attach the wings, it looks like it's floating above the unit.

- The Golden wings, wingsspelltarget model, the tsubasa skin is not working in it, the inner fire effect is the only thing that is showing. And did I mention that it's supposed to be really big? Like 3 times the size of the kil'jaeden model. You should probably just attach to the kil'jaden model, I don't know what I haven't thought of that. Make it float and attach it to its origin.

Thanks in advance.

Level 8
MONSTERS1.jpg

IMMORTAL-SPHINX.jpg

My last requests, I hope this is not too complicated.
Here are my plans for these units/monsters/models.
- Sorceror of Seth will be using the skeletal mage model.
- That means I would want all the other models to be related and to look like the skeletal mage model so it wouldn't look weird.
- Guardian of Seth could use the zombie model but there's only red and blue zombies. So I'm gonna need a white version with a little brown and gold accessories in it. Base this accessories with the skeletal mage accessories. I think a skeleton like skin would work so it would blend in with the priest and the sorceror. And give it a team color.
- Priest of Seth is using two little axes with him, it's just not visible in that picture. The Skeleton Warrior model would do, replace sword with two axes then add accessories.
- I think there's only one anubis model here in hive but I don't like it. That anubis is using two axes like the priest of seth but bigger. Not sure where you can base it.
- Retera has done the Sphinx already so that's finished.
- Low filesize as much as possible because I'm trying to fit it all the custom models that I can in my map but I think I'll end up deleting imported stuff in the end to give space.
- If there are any suggestions on which model can I use to save space, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

@MasterTrainer What I meant was, if I attach an attachment, effect, etc. to a the Kil'jaeden model with a size of 0.25, the size of the attachment would also be 0.25 which is gonna be too small.

Last edited:
Hey, sorry I've been off and haven't been getting much done, but this week is AP test week for me.

It struck me when you said that the Sphinx attachments weren't working right, I think I know why; try the new attached version on this message. Basically, when I flipped the animations from Alternate to normal, I didn't flip the attachment points, so it was attaching as though it were still in its Obsidian Statue form. I think -- let me know if this one works.

Attachments

• SphinxObsidian3AttachFix.mdx
    247 KB · Views: 96
Level 8
No, the wings are to be around chest to head level but they act like an origin or an overhead attachment, they don't follow the unit's movement. And the wings should be facing the angle where the unit is facing. I can't explain it well but the wings that you had in there are facing downwards. And finally, I want the wings to be 2.5 to 3x the size of Kil'jaden, like really big. Thank you very much for your work.

Secret_Project_Achemedia_Final_Monster_09.png

This is the model I'm basing it off so the wings should be really big.

Is this any better? I guess I'm note entirely sure from the picture which part is the wings, but I rotated them around I think like you said and put them behind Kiljaeden and bigger.

Attachments

• KJBigwings.png
    KJBigwings.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
  • YellowDivinityWingsOnBack2.mdx
    81 KB · Views: 84
Level 12
No internet lol
If you want me to do it you'll have to wait for it next week

Cool. But, I'll just request a simple one since i can't think of anything complicated.

Here's the request, i just need Furion (the one from the cinematic without the stag). He should have a bear mark on his back, that's the model i need you to base it on, and replace his staff with this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...61172/?prev=search=nature%20staff&d=list&r=20. Also, i might a few bunch of these http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...663/?prev=search=nature%20staff&d=list&r=20to circle around Furion, making him look very tranquil.

I could request something complicated next time but this is what i need for now.
I can do this but you'll have to wait for it next week... Hey retera are you working on these?

edit: if anyone got a question about the request list just tell me

Edit 2: while I was gone I was working on several things: Fel Tauren, Zombie Soldier. If anyone want it or got a question just VM/PM me

Level 8
I know I've been requesting here a lot already but I'm just gonna leave this here together with the Seth Requests in case somebody wants to do it.

I actually think this is an easy request anyway. It's a giant blue aura model for the Sphinx that Retera made. Here's a picture. As you can see, it's gigantically blue.

0.jpg

It's three times wider than the sphinx and it's infinitely vertical.

Level 23
Guys, new request here:

I just need a simple attachment. A cube that hovers in the air. Black would be a good color for it.
attachment.php

An acolyte would be using it so that's the closest picture I could provide.

EDIT: You can ignore the cube request for now but I really need this new request of mine to be made as soon as possible coz it's for the mini-mapping contest. X3

Currently, I'm using the Tree of life as a kind of house, and I'm making its indoor. The thing I need is a wall with a night elf-ish texture that looks like it could be present inside the tree of life.

I would like to request a simple cubish rectangle(simple wall) using the texture of any night-elf building (like the one I attached). So, thanks in advance. :3

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 611
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Hey, here's a progress report for me:

Runed Axe
I talked to Zyne about this one a little bit, and made a WIP/test axe model with no runes. That test axe wasn't actually Grom's, though.

Mal Furion + better
I got a start on the Mal Furion request, the original Mal Furion has 3 staffs in his model, 1 for most animations, 1 for the first half of the death animation, and 1 for the second half. I've already got a copy of the model with the non-death staff replaced and looking good on my other computer. I could probably get the other two staff meshes replaced before the night is out. I'll probably make the green particle emitters on the staff shut off in the second half of the death animation and for dissipate, because that's easier and it would signify the Arch Druid's dying.
As for the green swirls, I was thinking I might borrow some rotary motion either from the tornado or the Orb of Fire weapon attachment art. Haven't done that yet, but I got a bit of a plan.

Flaming Skeleton Pair
I looked up the fire models at one point and started thinking about this one, but haven't done it yet.

Arthas Death/Dissipate to BERanger_Unfinished
I don't think this made it on the list? Anyway, I downloaded the model and should be able to do this with the Matrix Eater and a little bit of time. But, I haven't done it yet.

The Rest
Haven't started yet

Going to go upstairs to the other computer and work on some of this stuff now :)

Edit: @colinjames12 You're welcome, making cool models for people is fun.

Also attached pic of the Furion WIP. Turns out the Matrix Eater flipped out on me and corrupted portions of the animation and geometry, through, so I'll probably remake the model.

Attachments

• furionWIP.png
    furionWIP.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 226
Alright, four more requests have a first draft done!

- Runed Axe (It sounded like Zyne is going to busy for a while, so I went ahead and made something)
- Tranquil Mal'Furion (I ended up switching from Tornado rotation to the rotation of the blue glitter on the Tree of Ages, which looked much more night-elf-y)
- Flaming Skeleton Pair (I made a flaming arrow projectile art to go with the flaming arrow in the model, and made them portraits. I kept thinking these were too simple, because you might have been able to make an ability that would attach the fire just using the editor/game engine)
- Arthas's Death/Dissipate for the BERanger. As I looked deeper into this model, I discovered that the creator went to incredibly great lengths to reduce the model's file size, in a way that the Matrix Eater doesn't really have a feature for continuing. In other words, I can add Arthas's death, but if I want the sword and bow to fit into the animation properly I will either have to do hours of new-feature-writing or MDL Notepad work, or just grossly bloat the filesize. So, I made one version without the weapons (called "_simple" in the attached .zip) that doesn't do the filesize-bloating thing, one that has the weapons in and pulled data from the model to continue the file shrinking operation, but where the weapons are just attached to his back (called "_med"), and one where I did the filesize-bloating thing called "_heavy" but that actually has him holding his sword in the death animation.

Edit: As for what missile would suit that staff, my first thought we be either that I could make you something or that you could use the nature beam missile that's spinning around furion.

Attachments

• RunedAxe.png
    RunedAxe.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 334
  • TranquilFurion.png
    TranquilFurion.png
    357.7 KB · Views: 366
  • FlamingSkeletonPair.png
    FlamingSkeletonPair.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 306
  • RangerDeath.png
    RangerDeath.png