• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0

md_01.png

md_06.png

md_08.png

md_10.png

md_12.png
md_14.png

Keywords:
RPG, SPRPG, Shadows of the Past, Shadow, Shadows, Past, -Kobas-
Contents

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Reviewing on request. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + Beautiful terrain + Advanced UI + Sounds - Gameplay...
Level 4
Looks like the game is in a pre-beta version... i thought its was already full release... anyways, great game you made!!!!

I'll point i few things that i think

Pro
Characters and skills
terrain
items
food system
stats (same as gaias... and i love this system)

Contra and bugs

After you finish a quest the npc remains with the notification on their heads

Buying two water elemental... MAN THE GAME GOT BROKEN AFTER I TRYIED TO BUY A SECOND WATER ELEMENTAL!!!!! FIX THIS!!!! I couldnt use the water elemental anymore and i kept dying if i dropped the item and tryed to pick it up again...

Monster AI... the sorcerer have a huge casting range for his skills and mobs keep taking spells and ignoring me... thats sad...

Foods... i should stack more than 1 apple in a slot but it dont work like that (it should be able to stack lots and lots of food in one slot)

Loots system... srsly, it sux... let the creeps just drop it on the floor and erase any non picked item after 60 seconds or something.

Despite all the bugs and things i didnt liked, i'll give 9/10... this game is great and have a lot of potential... it would be even better if it was multiplayer!!!

Sorry, english isnt my best language

Thank you all for testing this, I'm fixing things really fast, for example this:
Monster AI... the sorcerer have a huge casting range for his skills and mobs keep taking spells and ignoring me... thats sad...
Was handed with Wanderer ability, it sucks because it will force creep to act like neutral passive unit, I created script today that replaced this silly AI, creeps (monsters will now act more realistic).

About elementals, dunno why but you once when you buy pet can't move item to other slots it will remove abilities from it :sad:
I will create new system soon, now when I unlocked camera I don't need to care about controlling few units at same time so this should be little easier.

Once again, thanks, new update 0.1.7.9 (yes 4 versions ahead right now), will be uploaded on 1st, February.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Thank you all for testing this, I'm fixing things really fast, for example this:

Was handed with Wanderer ability, it sucks because it will force creep to act like neutral passive unit, I created script today that replaced this silly AI, creeps (monsters will now act more realistic).

Did you try Object Editors - Can Flee thing away? I think that should block running thing? Not completely sure.

So waiting for the first of February.

Level 4
The bug that i mentioned about dying after buying 2 water elemental rune, isnt happenning anymore... weird. But like you said, if you move the item from slot it stop working and then u have to drop it and pick it up to work again

Thief backstab make creeps run from you...

Archer spirit owl aoe is pretty lame... a 5 line damage... it with be better if it was a real cone.

Archer net... the same as ALLLLL other spells of all chars of the game, you use it and the creeps run away like is no hero to fight...

Dropping items from backpack is pretty lame... you must drop it extremely close of you and yet it keeps going back to you if you dont find the perfect spot to drop...

Switch priorits in the stores. Switch from hero to backpack... that option is basic in any map and i found myself with backpack as main buyer...

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Hmm... I would do it like the bags would not be heroes. Maybe builders, every one knows how to hotkey unit(s). Or if not you can just write a tip...

That would block posibilty to buy straight into backpack if your heros inventory is not full cause the shop will automaticly select hero... Atleast I think so. Also the hero preview screen will block the screen abit... Also I would too increase the item dropping range...

Level 2
When I first saw the size of the map, I was like "14.5 mB !?!?!" Then I played the map and saw just how much had been done with those 14 mB.

Good job with the cameras and the character selection system (I know it must have been a pain to make that, and it seems flawless). I also really enjoyed that Oblivion theme at the start. It brought me back, heh.

Just a suggestion: About the birthsigns and specializations, I'd suggest you give the player some explanation about them before the player selects his one (ok, it's possible to have some idea of the specializations by just reading their names, but not the birthsigns).

Other than that, keep up that S-kicking work, sir.

Level 1
well I start with the good points:
nice terrain
good character selection

mediocre points:
boring interface
stat system lacks diversity, i mean wow you can have also life and mana...

bad points:
food system: too expensive, too high dereg, you should be able to buy stacks (eg 10 apples instead of 1), why buy food, you can just die...
skill system: well you have 2 skills, thats the system so far... no possibility to increase leve and no formulas
stat system: no influence from attribute stats to indirect stats (crit/bash)
text: missing texts on birthsigns, professions, characters, items
profession system: well you can choose it and then?
camera: the 3rd person camera isn't something good here, I have seen much better ones
aggro: yeah all mobs run away at first when you hit them with an ability
items: item choice is really limited, are there ven weapons except for starting weapons?
enemies: the difference is a bit hard, you can easily kill the boars, but you get fucked by wolves and bandits, also just hit&die enemies, no abilities
experience: quests give riddiculous low exp compared to enemies, bandits give none
armor system: why bother to get a armor with 3-5% damage reduction at best? why doesn't anyone try to make an armor system thats even efficient on low levels...
story: won't comment on quests etc. because it's not finished yet
dieing: no penalty system, you just have to wait lvl*1 seconds... wow

I won't vote know because it's still in the early stages (I hope), but for now it would be 2.5/5 at best, only the terrain increases the rating...
A gaias retlalitation rip-off? stop kidding me, it only has partially similar terrain and classes.

edit:
just realized that this is a map from Kobas... sadly I' used to better things from him... Still no reason to make things better than they are :(

Last edited:
Thanks for comment.
Well everything you noticed was already many times noticed, but I will try to improve some elements really fast.
New version bring new terrain and I will finally make some difference compared to gaias (-.-).

food system
Improved a little.
skill system
Works in new version.
stat system
Because I think that there is no need for such things, I will soon create new level up system and explain stats and shits nicely when time come.
I will see can I add this right now.
profession system
It's disabled.
You don't like it and I respect that.
Fixed, improved, new AI shaped.
Well kill some creeps. There are more than 200 items so far.
Bandits are level 2 basic creeps, there is msg on the screen show when you enter that area.
experience
Fixed and improved.
armor system
Will see what can I do about it.
I started to present story in new version.
Time is set to 3 seconds. You can die unlimited number of times because I don't want to defeat you if you die. But each time when you die your score will be reduced. This system isn't finished but I made main systems.
When time come it will be explained nicely.

Level 4
Kobas, creeps drop system still the same? plz remove that weird tibia drop system...

Let the creeps drop the loot on the floors!!!! (plz)

And add a system to clean any non picked loot that havent been picked for the last 60 seconds or somethings.

Level 1
bandits: then perhabs set lvl of bandits higher? crabs are easier to kill than bandits so far
dieing: well you could also loose some gold/exp depending on difficulty
items: sry I mostly got shop items about 8/10 drops perhabs bad luck...
ah and I beleive you can give your items to the loot-whatever-glowing-thing
You don't like it and I respect that.
haha you don't have to be so formal, just ignore such things^^ perhabs it would be better to have a camera that is locked on character view (facing direction when traveling) but you could still spin around when standing. just a suggestion though.

(terrain thing: that gaia's thing referred to one of the posts above, I don't think it's too similar, I understand that there are some terrain models that are just the best currently, so they are used, nothing bad about it)

perhabs when choosing character let a text pop up, with what's disabled etc. for this version

good luck for this project

Last edited:
Level 10
I've seen several maps wich were marked as "Gaias ripoffs". It is beacuse HQ model pack and also, if you play human normal classes are Thief, Warrior (Squire), Ranger and such. It would be strange if human were shaman or alchemist etc. Also Gaias is prolly most famous game using HQ model pack so everyone thinks it's ripoff but it is not really at all.

Level 1
He naturally is and it is good. He is respected person in Hive and he shows the model how to act.

duh I know, sry before I used the account of a friend of mine, but he got pissed by those external mails, I know who most of the important people are (at least those who make important posts) >.<

end of topic please, I guess there are more important things to disuss here

There is link in description -> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/archive-679/changelog-view-more-209342/

I didn't tested protected version, everything was ok (more or less) with regular one.
Please post suggestions and critics as always.

I will keep importing resources and present new, unique and cool things to you guys.
I created main quest to show you how story begin (Everything will be explained when time come so don't worry we didn't missed anything related to it).

Enjoy. :)

Level 5
I really like how realistic everything looks in this game, the trees and the grass, rocks mountains, other plants all look much more realistic then the defaults in warcraft, the music is nice also, and the items, units models all are cool 2, also it's nice that everything has it's proper icons everything looks great in this map, I wasn't very good at this map tho I died over and over I'll try it again soon with another type of person I was a miner that go.

Level 2
Wow great game, a quick question
I just began the game and finished all the optional quests at the beginning is there a newbie guide or something I'm stuck dunno where to go...

Level 7
Very informative video. By the way, about books systen, text in favor of the window that does not look nice.:ogre_icwydt: