1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0

Submitted by -Kobas-
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Keywords:
RPG, SPRPG, Shadows of the Past, Shadow, Shadows, Past, -Kobas-
Contents

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Reviewing on request. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + Beautiful terrain + Advanced UI + Sounds - Gameplay...
  1. WerePhoenix

WerePhoenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know why, but I have a Morrowind impression. Anyway the map is good but the camera.. how should i say.. something new. The new things aren't always bad, just I need to get used to it.

2. thekebecer

thekebecer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gonna test that soon

3. Ramilya

Ramilya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Feedbacks are so positive. Is it really the challanging, well-balanced, interesting, made with efforts rpg(orpg?) for one person? I will never believe in this. Too bad it has 3d view. I like default war3 not attached to hero camera a lot more/ Have not seen such map since Dark Invasion II which is not finished unfortunately.
    updated.
    camera is pretty good. I've expected much worse. May be it just need to be improved a bit in terms of rotation.
    I couldn't kill first bandit on the last difficulty. That's awesome, man! That's what i like.
    Thanks for map a lot and good luck in it's development. I hope it will bring me much fun.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  4. EternaLife

EternaLife

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cam

It's amazing how many people force you to put up with cam views that you may not enjoy at all.

5. EternaLife

EternaLife

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't you at least give the player the freedom to play it with the camera that they want to??

6. Xian

Xian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't doublepost,there is an edit button for usage.
    I think the cam system is fine,but it is.. a bit confusing

7. Blacktongue

Blacktongue

Resources:
    Resources:
    This has been a truly baffling map. I love your ideas, but some of them are truly confusing. Thanks to a level 5 Hunger that no food can dispel. I eat every bit of food and it just keeps on dropping until Im chugging along at half the speed of smell. The camera was more hindrance than anything else, kept on getting stuck behind trees.
    A guide of some sort would help. I chose to be a Diviner or something like that and still find myself picking random flowers. What do I actually do for a living? Then I got to pick my Birth Sign, which helps me know what my horoscope is or something because I still haven't figured out what it does.
    My mage has two moves and thats it. I can frost nova or go Dark Side and shoot lightning. Thats about it. Do you learn new moves? Other than the McGuffin fire and water elementals. Nothing stopped me from downing a level 20 boss by sending in Elemental after elemental. Not a scratch on me. Killed a giant spider, some boars, picked some flowers and got a medal. Is that all there is for quests? I saw other areas I SHOULD be able to go but when I clicked them my mage started wandering like I had told him to jump off a cliff. And spaking of clipping problems, Im in what looks like a dry ice quarry and find myself getting swarmed by creeps from adjacent zones.
    This sounds critical, but its really not. The map has a lot of potential. Im sure you can fix these problems considering the polish and effort that went into this map. Im rooting for this one, it seems like itll be great.

8. Xian

Xian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you kidding me? Rejecting/Approving/Rating Maps is his job,you're gonna rate less on his maps just because he rejected yours? think man! it wasn't his fault that your map is "unnaceptable" in our database

9. Icypaw

Icypaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally!

It's out!!! DLDLDLDL!!!! :goblin_yeah:

10. Icypaw

Icypaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    There seems to be some problems with the hunger system. Even though i ate the food in my backpack the food bar doesnt seem to go up, or rather, my hunger doesn't go down. And some minor language faults, like the usage of present tenses when the object in question is in the past tense. And I can't find the main storyline quest, but that's probably just me. This game made me play for 5 minutes before i quit, which is quite a feat for me. Other than all the faults i mentioned, it's an awesome map. Congratulations!

11. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Holy hell! SotP is out now! Now downloading...
    Also, glad to see this map finally released. Awesome work and congratulations -Kobas- and the team. :D

12. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    10 comments and 250 downloads in 12 hours :D

Well you could at least wait for fix, grrrr, anyway update is one the way here.
    I just need to fix some English first and that's it.

13. Ramilya

Ramilya

Resources:
    Resources:
    -when mage use frostbite then first skill, enemy will never ever move, just stay still and wait when i will kill him
    -when you spend 1 point into int on mage(idk what is about others) it grants you 3 points of int.
    Thats all i have found, wasnt playing much though.
    Is it me or you were inspired by Gaias orpg map? many alike things. Gaias is one of my favourite maps and i always wanted the solo version of it. And I have almost find it.
    And i like balance in gaias if you play 1-3 people.You have to store up money, kill minibosses many times to be prepared for dungeon, search for rare ingridients. Please make something similar on hard difficulties. Spells look like... unfinished, like when rogue use lifesteal - two icons appear in status (yes, i know it is beta). Anyway it seems like the greatest map so far. 1000/10. Waiting for bugs being dead.
    And what is about save/load system. Even if it is solo map, some error may happen at the start, and you wouldnt be able to advance further in another location after many hours of gameplay. And your hero will be lost.
    Forgot to say. Music, graphics, interface and the intro are wonderfull.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  14. The_Mirai

The_Mirai

Resources:
    Resources:
    For me it felt like a parent, watching his baby making first wobbly, nooby steps towards greatness! :cute:

I just hope it doesn't hit a wall and stays permanently retarded like me! That would suck major donkey balls 'cause I don't wanna see -Kobas- cry and curse himself 20 years later. Like my mom.

Anyways! I know I didn't do anything for this project, but I give my full support to -Kobas- for putting all of this together, while being an excellent college student, and ask YOU to do the same!

Someday this can and will be the best WC3 RPG map, so if you want your nickname in the credits, make effort to contribute in anyway you can!

That said, only one thing left to do: wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! AND HAPPY ALL HOLIDAYS THAT COMES AFTER!!!

:cool:

15. SOSKI_KROTA

SOSKI_KROTA

Resources:
    Resources:
    did you find the bug that crashes game when you r about to revive?

16. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    New version is out, enjoy!

17. Rogue_11

Rogue_11

Resources:
    Resources:
    the loading is so long... the loading stopped in the middle of the loading bar. Is that because of my computer or it is because the map size?

18. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My PC need from 10 to 20 sec to load map, can't tell you real number.
    Dunno what to say, wait, it will load it after some time.

19. SanD3R

SanD3R

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fatal error. After revive. Need hotFix

20. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    -Kobas-, you need to credit Vexorian, Bribe and Nestharus as well (I used TimerUtils, UnitIndexer and Table)

I'll see what I can do about those bugs.

Also:

Go away :mad: