1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0

Submitted by -Kobas-
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Keywords:
RPG, SPRPG, Shadows of the Past, Shadow, Shadows, Past, -Kobas-
Contents

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Reviewing on request. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + Beautiful terrain + Advanced UI + Sounds - Gameplay...
  1. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It works fine, really, I can make video, dunno how to fix this for you.
    I suggest playing on highest details, and largest possible resolution.

EDIT:

0.1.7.4 is out, I made some silly error with pathing ground on 0.1.7.3 version, dunno how really, but there was 2 errors that I fixed as soon as possible.
    I tested this new version it works fine, dunno is this optimizer error or whatever...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright lets see,

*Add some kind of effect above a merchant's head, like the question mark for quest givers
    *Shouldn't a new quest be represented by an exclamation mark and a finished quest by a question mark?
    *God you suck so much, an epic soundtrack playing for no reason during the intro :p Also why does the character sound so desperate, I wish I was more badass D:
    *Find a way to remove the background noise when music is being played, it's annoying like hell ;_;
    *Lia doesn't have a projectile model
    *I get no xp or gold from killing a bandit? :<
    *Make a quest available once you're powerful enough to actually fulfill it, like the Spider Queen one
    *The camera is still too high when you go up a cliff
    *Also sorry, it's actually "I've forgotten the taste of apples"
    *None of the available food fills your hunger meter drastically ;_; I mean honestly make it more realistic, so that 5 apples fill your hunger meter, jesus, I ate 4 pies and 5 apples and it was still not enough
    *Make the hunger meter go down slower
    *Make the hunger meter go down according to your class maybe? Like rangers are basically hunters, so they need not eat too much, while sorcerers are not like that and need more food
    *The ability title for the ability that summons your fire elemental says "Summon Wolf"

Also if that's supposed to be the start of the RPG, then it's really not that interesting :/
    Add more tension, intense battles in the beginning to keep the player interested and later on, maybe then you can fill some empty spaces with generic quests, but honestly I was really bored after the first quest.

3. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I didn't created main quests. I will make cinematics about each main quest, play music, do shit here and there.

But half of things you suggested above are fixed, thanks to Remixer and few other uses who posted in Bug Report forum.

I love you 2.

4. TinyTeaser

TinyTeaser

Resources:
    Resources:
    I luv this map, the charcter creation is sexy too XD, luv the gameplay nd terrian nd while i was playing this nice map...The guards blocked the entrance of the city after they killed a crab >.> so im stuck in the city.

5. bryn_drake

bryn_drake

Resources:
    Resources:
    for an unfinished map, its really good, although i think you should change the camera . . .
    as for the hunger system, its quite annoying to spent money on food which only refill 6 hunger point for 18 gold. i think the reduction of the hunger point is way too fast . . .
    i think it will be better if you can find the food on your way, to make it easier . . .
    well overall its a good map after all . . . the terrain, trees, grass, and etc are all great . . . !! especially the hero selection . . . although i would prefer you explain more about the mark and speciality . . :D

6. EternaLife

EternaLife

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kobas, can you please bring out a version that has unlocked cam??

I beg you . . .

7. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can try but dunno how will it look like because of terrain :(
    EDIT:
    You can't see anything when you enter forest.

8. EternaLife

EternaLife

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So another words, unlocking cam will competely mess up the gameplay??

9. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Exactly, but I experimented a little, I edited terrain, and I will upload map version with unlocked camera as test map into hosted project forum, tomorrow I guess, will see people reaction and then decide what to do.

10. KuWe

KuWe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It has that Gaia's Retaliation vibe to it.

11. EternaLife

EternaLife

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's awesome, thanks a lot for trying that.. I really appreciate it.
    I will download the map as soon as you have posted it up tomorrow. Cheers!

12. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    downloading... btw, why does the map download versioned .1.7.4 while the thread says .1.7.3?

I love locked-cams for RPGs... I just don't feel that unlocking cam for a RPG will be good...

13. Ramilya

Ramilya

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont like locked cams in war3engine-based maps generally, but it is well done here.

14. CrackBam

CrackBam

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I try to host it it says too big map size what can I do tell me please

15. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    play it in single player coz its a single player map!!!

16. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I decided, I will recreate terrain for you and allow players to decide will you use custom camera (-cameraon) or no (-cameraoff).

17. Vongola20th

Vongola20th

Resources:
    Resources:
    This game somewhat reminds me of gaia's retaliation. This game is awesome and everything, but somewhat laughable when you pick thief or archer, for they are both females. And the starting cinematics says 'he' and 'him'. Can't wait for updates of the game and playing it when it is completed and not demo.:thumbs_up:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  18. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    maybe becoz of the doodads?

19. PsyBaNi

PsyBaNi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sugestions

hi,
    Nice map awesome terrain for wc3 :).
    i tryed it in hard mode with a ranger. And after killing some stuff 4 wolfes i was low on health and i try to fix it with food, but the next time i went low i didnt had enough money to keep the food supply up.

Is there any free option of healing in the starting village?

next time i tryed thief in normal mode it was almost the same just faster because of the lack of cc.

3rd time i tryed monk on easy and he is really easy cuz of the 2 healing spells.

The food runs down way 2 fast. If you try to explore the map and not grind for money you find your self starving

Well to die in this game dosnt mean anythin bad.
    Your food goes up back to 100 and hp mana replenishes too, without any death penaltys.

What i find kinda bothersome in this rpg and most rpgs out there is that healers are out of balance because they poses the only ability to efficently heal, which is essential in those games.

For example.
    In Neverwinter Nights (which in my opinion is still one of the best RPGs out there) the healing and skill system is well balanced.
    all chars kinda posses healing due to the ability to use a first aid kit(can be found or purchased) which increases over time investing in healing skill.
    Clerics and priests got access to buffs and high lvl heals which makes them still unique.

A wandering person in real life without any knowledge of healing or first aid usually dosnt last long. Thu it is just common sense if every1 posses little healing skills. In my country you dont get ur driving license without a First aid Cerificate. (Just my personal humble opinion towards all those rpgs.)

i find the camera system totaly fine just needs some practice

the gold gain is out of balance due to the huge amounts of food you gotta buy
    Most of the food benefits strongly mana i never needed this much mana like the food gives i need more hp and the meet for dunne the correct price anymore dosnt really heal much for the costs. green apples are the most cost efficent.

What can i do with the plants i find?

and well the stuff the guys posted before me more hints & tooltips about char creation game mechanics etc

:p but otherwise awesome map
    i appreciate that i could test it.
    Greetz PsyBani

20. Ramilya

Ramilya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, map has many wonderfull features, looks confirmed, theoretically is very interesting, excellent virtual world to play in. But have awfull balance. Summons have to be nerfed. Hunger should go down slower. Adding 30-60 sec waiting time for dead charactrer as well as loosing gold/exp would be fine too. And I dont want the terrain to be changed but ce la vie