1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0

Submitted by -Kobas-
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Keywords:
RPG, SPRPG, Shadows of the Past, Shadow, Shadows, Past, -Kobas-
Contents

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Reviewing on request. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + Beautiful terrain + Advanced UI + Sounds - Gameplay...
  1. xy8255175

xy8255175

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the start. Big one. But a few things may be flawed so far:
    a. The hunger system is a mess. you would rather die like he said in the game because food aint cheap n sometimes u have to eat it for hunger instead of for healing.
    b. why I killed the bandits and gained nothing?! By nothing I mean no exp n money at all!
    c. Would it be better to point out the task target places youin the map so people wouldnt waste time on wandering around in vain and getting bored?
    d. Would it be nicer to give a recommended level number for each task so people would not go get slaugtered easily by monsters?

2. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I fixed almost everything in new version.
    I'm working on main quests, I will try to import cinematics as well.
    New area should be fished as well (area 2 where bandits are, this will unlock new items: steel weapons for example).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  3. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Steel weapons or Steal Weapons?

4. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Steel ^_^

5. xy8255175

xy8255175

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hunger for your newer ones. :-b Just bring em on. Haha.
    Thank you for your effort. It can be the best.

6. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    So you are making good progress?

7. Greenwhy

Greenwhy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well done Kobas, The systems in this map make it very appealing and I love the classes. I do have a lot of comments though....

A squire probably shouldn't be the name of a class... AFAIK a squire is someone who helps their master saddle his horse and fetch his weapons etc... usually someone who is not accomplished at all.

I completed the quest "Forest Hunter" after killing 19 boars. it says 19/20 (completed) and I was able to complete it. the number would not go past 19 when I tried killing more boars.

I can't figure out how to activate waypoints, I've tried walking over the waypoint in the swamp and ive tried interacting with it but nothing is happening. Eventually I worked out that it was activated but i couldn't see it in the teleport area because it was facing upward.

What is the timer above dead monster corpses? I can't loot them, or if I am looting them I don't know that I'm doing it.

Food is rediculous, I'm going to exit the map soon because the hunger/food system is just so annoying. I have to buy so much food and it cannot satiate my hunger. Instead of spending money on food I just let myself die and then come back to life with full hunger. This system needs to made less annoying or preferably remove it from the game alltogethor because it serves no interesting function.

The quests might be difficult to find, there should be at least some clue as to where they can be completed. IT took me a long time to find the spider queen. perhaps say something like " we believe she is in the ancient forest east of the river.... for example. I still haven't found the hackberry bush.

In the bandit area I cannot walk past a certain point. there is nothing blocking my way but I just can't go there.... why not? if there is a reason then I have not been made aware of it. no content past them i suspect.

When I summon a water elemental it makes a very annoying noise. I think it means It's burning my mana but the sounds is very annoying.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  8. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    You can not walk through bandit area cause there is not finished ground out there.
    Also that Forest Hunter thing í have already reported it to bug report section.
    Also squire as a class name? should a "thief" be a class name it depends pretty much on likes.
    Looting system I agree sometimes it is really hard to select a corpse I would go with some flag as a corpse... But the looting is easy. And the times is how much time left before the corpse is removed.
    Also cant find nothing redicilous about food system. It fits pretty well though all food you get goes to it, not to health...

Water elemental - Maybe turn Effect Sound of if u disslike it ?; D

9. Greenwhy

Greenwhy

Resources:
    Resources:
    The food system IS rediculous... I have to spend too much gold on food, it takes up room in my bags, I would prefer to just let myself die and start with 100 food again. Even then it is a major annoyance which I have to deal with every 5 minutes which adds no fun or interest to the game. It made me stop playing the game.... You can argue against my points if u like but it won't change how I feel when I played the game.

I could turn the sound off but then i would get no other sound effects. I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was whinging but really I came to post constrictuve criticism. My suggestion was to remove that noisy repetative sound effect...

You're right about the squire thing. It's been used in other games.... enough said.

10. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It does not matter that much what I say but -Kobas- wont be upset if some one gives critics to him atleast as long as it is creative. But I think -Kobas- should make more options like that Easy Game Mode would not have hungry system or something.

11. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Added video into description:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-4YGuh8vGs&feature=youtu.be

12. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Pretty nice idea. Though you can´t see nothing without enlarging the window... xd

13. Palooo3

Palooo3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I played game and here is my review:

Bad points:
    - Name of thief's lifesteal buff is still "Vampiric aura"
    - No restoration of HP, if you know Gaias ORPG there is "rest" ability, you should insipre with it
    - Around my UI there were another UI wich was green when I was alive and red when i was dead, it really killed gameplay feeling and view, I dislike it much. Maybe it is just mine opinion
    - I have purchased item from vendor in villige, but it didn't give me it and eaither was not dropped on ground, so it just ate my money without result.
    - Quest effects are badly triggered, for example I took quest to slay 20 forest beasts. Originaly quest giver wich gave me quest had orange question mark above his head and after accepting quest it changed to white wich is allright, but after I completed quest reqruiment it was still white, and even after completing quest it didn't dissapear, should be fixed :)
    - I didn't get any loot from creeps, only gold. Maybe you want it to be like this but i dislike it.

Good points:
    + Very nice intro cinematic
    + Very nice character creation and difficult choosing
    + Balanced and Laggless gameplay
    + Pretty enough of quests for start
    + Good systems
    + Fine spells for heroes
    + Lots of custom models and icons wich makes your game more attractive. Also like loading screen.
    + Nice terrain
    + Chooseable camera view (but still your custom UI about view window kill it :/)
    + Good atmosphere

1. Try to fix or improve bad points
    2. Add some nice AI group quest like hunting down boss with couple of AI would be very nice and attractive
    3. Maybe add more vendors
    4. Continue working on map!:)

Nice game, so far I won't put rate since it is very early stage I guess :)

14. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nice comment I agree pretty much with this. Partilarly with the camera "thing" I would go with not shit on the screen.

But you will get loot from corpses by looting them. They will not just drop item to the ground.

Also I hope -Kobas- will do something with that rest ability. Or atleast something like it.

15. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks, will be fixed.
    Hmm I will think about this.
    It's show your hp :)
    When you lose some hp it will become orange, test it you will see how it work, when you have 10 or less hp it will become almost pure red, this way I try to warn you about low hp.
    Did you checked BAG or BACKPACK because some items go there automatically.
    Strange will see...
    Dunno usually there is around 20% chance for item drop, so in general every 5th creep should drop something...

Thanks

Will think about it and work on it.
    I will upload new version soon with new spells and more systems and things to do.

Thanks for review.

16. RiKy-23

RiKy-23

Resources:
    Resources:
    there is just one thing.....no way to heal D: please put a fountain at the starting town

17. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    As mentioned by Palooo3 that custom-web-interface sets an odd feeling. However, after the first impression-shock i got used to it.

I tried it on legendary as a Squire and let me tell you that it wasn't harder than the other difficulties, just slower... The spider boss for example has 10000 HP then, instead of 4000 on easy with the same damage output, which is ridiculously high ^^.

Hitting and running with the water elemental pet and abusing the Squires two stun abilties, which make every enemy a joke really made the victory possible without taking a scratch. So this 'boss fight' was really a let down.
    Would be better to set a bigger story around this first boss, like starting a dungeon event/conquest type of thing in which the player would gather a small troup via rescue quests, or via hiring mercenaries, with them decending into the Broodmothers Lair? Just a minor idea...

The music gets boring fast as well, doesn't it? At least add some themes for events, like bossfights, taverns, city etc.

And on a side note, you might want to implement a drop all and/or sell all function for the bags. And another thing: The flowers do not stack properly when the bag is full, one has to free one inventory space to make it possible to stack again.

No use to rate it at the current state.

18. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Heh. -Kobas- has said that the difficulties now just change the health of enemies. I think it will be fixed. Also as abilities will still be fixed to final version or in incoming versions.

I agree with the story about boss...

Way more music will be added. You can give your own suggestions in the idea factory - music thread. Also I see no sense by adding few MB to the map only for boss fight also there is only one "city" in the map so no sense... But I think -Kobas- will still say something about your comment.

19. EternaLife

EternaLife

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please change the food system, it's rediculous. It costs so much money just to buy food to keep your food meter up. The food meter goes down way too quickly. It's like your just playing to feed yourself, its not fun at all man.

Make food much more cheaper and make food give you WAY more for your food meter, like 30 or 40. Otherwise we are spending like 18 gold that makes our food meter stay up for like less than a minute? Come on!

Awesome torrain though, just please fix the food issue - and there is no way for any hero to heal, unless you are monk

20. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Terrain will be improved or atleast the textures are already been changed. They will be new in next version. (Hopefully.)

Heh. Food system needs improvement I think... You are right it is quite redicilous to buy food for keeping the food meter will stay up for less than a minute.