• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0

md_01.png

md_06.png

md_08.png

md_10.png

md_12.png
md_14.png

Keywords:
RPG, SPRPG, Shadows of the Past, Shadow, Shadows, Past, -Kobas-
Contents

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Reviewing on request. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + Beautiful terrain + Advanced UI + Sounds - Gameplay...
I have to hand it to you, you know how to make an awesome map. Can't wait for the new version and the new quest, one that requires brains to finish i hope :).
Quests are really stupid, no brain needed for now ^_^

Oh about that bug we will see what can we do about it :v

Level 4
Just played. Had a bit of fun, I have issues, questions, an unfortunate bug, and more.

Items Mask of Death and a Helm (forget the name, +5 to all stats) could sit in inventory and provide bonus, instead of equipping as actual gear. Likewise could not transfer into gear panel.

All items were max quality once picked up (no longer rusted or damaged).

Bandit camp near the middle likes respawning in large numbers once a certain bandit is killed, or maybe it was when I leveled up. Either way, at one point there was at least 15 bandits all linking together at that camp. I killed undead for a few levels until I could survive long enough to start killing bandits without instantly dying.

Couldn't find first flower for quest, and nearly overlooked the second one. Is it possible to add a slight glow?

Not sure what reading books does. Read them all anyways. Felt bad about vendoring them, but needed room for 3~ masks and two helmets.

Inventory system is awesome!

Terrain looks amazing so far.

Really like the fireball spell from the staff.

There's injured bears and I need to know how I can help them. @.@

There's a camp of guards to the east of the starting camp. On occasion, wolves get too close to them and die, leaving items and counting towards the "Kill 20 animals" quest.

Invincible named NPCs all over. I assume there's some interaction I'm missing or isn't available yet. Talking to them yields nothing. They look like enemies though, and I want to slay them.

There's a spot near the big mountain to the north that isn't pathing blocked off, allowing you to get "under" the terrain and travel along the north edge of the map. When I try again tomorrow I will try and help you find it.

Rune stones can try and heal me when I'm at full health. I'm sure it's intentional to go along with the random effects, but it feels non-good when it does nothing. Otherwise, awesome and helpful concept. Double XP is nice.

Overall, very unique, glad I played it, can't wait for the next update.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Matt said:
Items Mask of Death and a Helm (forget the name, +5 to all stats) could sit in inventory and provide bonus, instead of equipping as actual gear. Likewise could not transfer into gear panel.
This is reported several times.
Matt said:
All items were max quality once picked up (no longer rusted or damaged).
All items were just test items. I have recreated all items and they will be uploaded later.
Matt said:
Couldn't find first flower for quest, and nearly overlooked the second one. Is it possible to add a slight glow?
The quest will be propably recreated and the herbs will be replaced, maybe with glow.
Matt said:
There's injured bears and I need to know how I can help them. @.@
Let the power of sword silence them and release them from pain...

Level 12
Does anyone look at the "official" bug report forum anymore? I reported a ton of bugs (Most of the ones listed above) and included a bug I found in the dmg system.

Level 4
This is reported several times.

All items were just test items. I have recreated all items and they will be uploaded later.

The quest will be propably recreated and the herbs will be replaced, maybe with glow.

Let the power of sword silence them and release them from pain...

Super sorry. Was so excited + tired when I wrote this that I didn't go through previous posts (was also not sure how new this release was vs how out of date the comments would be) so I just posted every reaction I had.

I will say that the terrain, spell system, stat system, and camera controls make me feel like I'm playing an entirely different game, in a very good way.

I'm excited for the future of this project, keep up the good work.

Well, it's needed because there are certain types of damage that have specific combat text behaviors :eek:

Before I deal Poison DPS damage, I set this global to true, then deal the damage, and set it to false afterwards.
The damage function would check if all the booleans corresponding to custom types are false. If the poison DPS is true, it will create a green text, run some other code, then return.

It's not actually a complicated system, it's just hard to manage :eek:

Oh Another Impressive Map -Kobas- ,

BTW , Im So Tired Finding The Xeropillyum Flower .. It's Been Hours ..
Can Anyone Help Me ..
JASS:
set ITEM_1 = CreateItem('I013', -18575. , 25850. )  //Xerophyllum Flower
set ITEM_2 = CreateItem('I014', -12185. , 29040. )  //Dark Xerophyllum Flower

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_060312_185347_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060312_185347_01.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 363
  • WC3ScrnShot_060312_185425_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060312_185425_02.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 183
Shadows of the Past v0.6.0.0!

New area, new creep, weather system, 1 required quest, 2 new optional quests, added rest ability, fixed silly item drop bug as well as many other reported errors.
I can't even remember what I added, will check later when I start editing change log.

Map is unprotected, all scripts in Core Systems are more or less public resources so give credits if you use them. Everything else is my work.
Some resources are unique and created for this project only, please give credits if you use them.

I expect more feedback from experienced coders and map makers as well.
Instead just pointing on bug, maybe you can show problematic part of script or even fix code to speed progress a lot.

Enjoy.

Level 1
certainly the BEST RPG map I ever played but there are some bugs:

-all itens are transformed and get its best quality stats (rusty turns into perfect) when on inventory
-some powers (like "MS icrease") don't work
-sometimes staffspell still avaible even after unequiping the staff
-Powers discription disapear realy quickly
-Inventory can't be 100% fullfiled (there is always 1 or 2 slots avaible but it stils saying that your inventory is full)

nevertheless it is an awsome map with a great graphic and the best inventory,character and spells system
I've played about 6 versions of this map (even though none complete)

I await the full version
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And sorry if I made any grammar mistake,I'm Brazilian

Last edited:
Level 4
gave it another short try and i have to admit, it wasnt all that interesting... altho thers alot of cool features in the map, it wasnt really 'fun' to play... i had an archer who was melee and could equip 10 weapons at a time... u can put any armor type in any slot, which doesnt really make sense :p
no spells to start with, making it boring rightclick-and-wait-fights

gl with the further development :)

Nice but how did you make the health bars look like that and the damage show or where is it located? Can you tell me?

The health bars are a custom texture you would import in place of the original one.
The damage showing is done through this system of ours that I wrote.
The map is open source bro. (I think)

edit
Or, maybe not.

Level 31
Well that's some project, a lot of effort have been poured into this even though it is like 1/3 map spaced used. It really remind me of Elder Scrolls, so somewhy I could not find anything revolutionary about it, no offense. Good job on this one overally, but there are some minor matters that concern me.

1. Description did not tell anything about the game itself, it was not informative at all, it was also too long and I could not see all of it.
2. During the beginning cinematic some credits appeared and the message was too long and a part of it just hided over cinematic's bounds so I could not see all of it.
3. In selection class name Assassin actually goes into the text and I cant read full word, minor thing yet doesn't seem to be polished.
4. I actually had to push *Cancel* button to continue when class was picked? I don't think that was the right icon for it. Of course it does not make any difficulties, but it just seems not right in my opinion.
5. I picked Mage and eventually I started to dislike Unit Sound, it kept talking each time I order something, kept calling me Milord, etc.
6. Selection scales doesn't seem to be precise. Mage have too big one, yet NPCs in the town have too small ones. I believe the edge of slelection scale should be near feet, but do not touch it. Circles of Power have some BIG scales too.
7. After interaction text goes off the Dialog window boundaries, it looks rather ugly. Another minor thing, but it don't really add charm.
8. I went through the doodads like here in the barrel, same thing in the town, in the pile of hay, perhaps more come to be discovered in time.

clipboardzi.png

9. I've noticed some icons do not have its DISBTNs or DISPASs in this case.

clipboard2ly.png

10. Some iron sword stacked up there in the inventory, it became inactive, I could not select it nor do anything at all with it, it just stood there. Later I loaded several items there and some confused with the stacked iron sword. I select one, it switch places and change item, it kept switching items in one spot.
11. I'm having some problem with spells, I couldn't get anything no matter how hard I interact with everyone, I may not be informed about it in the early beginning I guess.
12. Introduction quest seemed to be completed, yet it mention some old master I should visit. So it is completed or not?

Some minor stuff here, easily fixed within hour, but it was my first impression on the cons. I didn't play much so I don't have the right to rate, afterall I could not anyway. Some badass map indeed, good job on it again.

Well that's some project, a lot of effort have been poured into this even though it is like 1/3 map spaced used. It really remind me of Elder Scrolls, so somewhy I could not find anything revolutionary about it, no offense. Good job on this one overally, but there are some minor matters that concern me.

1. Description did not tell anything about the game itself, it was not informative at all, it was also too long and I could not see all of it.
2. During the beginning cinematic some credits appeared and the message was too long and a part of it just hided over cinematic's bounds so I could not see all of it.
3. In selection class name Assassin actually goes into the text and I cant read full word, minor thing yet doesn't seem to be polished.
4. I actually had to push *Cancel* button to continue when class was picked? I don't think that was the right icon for it. Of course it does not make any difficulties, but it just seems not right in my opinion.
5. I picked Mage and eventually I started to dislike Unit Sound, it kept talking each time I order something, kept calling me Milord, etc.
6. Selection scales doesn't seem to be precise. Mage have too big one, yet NPCs in the town have too small ones. I believe the edge of slelection scale should be near feet, but do not touch it. Circles of Power have some BIG scales too.
7. After interaction text goes off the Dialog window boundaries, it looks rather ugly. Another minor thing, but it don't really add charm.
8. I went through the doodads like here in the barrel, same thing in the town, in the pile of hay, perhaps more come to be discovered in time.

clipboardzi.png

9. I've noticed some icons do not have its DISBTNs or DISPASs in this case.

clipboard2ly.png

10. Some iron sword stacked up there in the inventory, it became inactive, I could not select it nor do anything at all with it, it just stood there. Later I loaded several items there and some confused with the stacked iron sword. I select one, it switch places and change item, it kept switching items in one spot.
11. I'm having some problem with spells, I couldn't get anything no matter how hard I interact with everyone, I may not be informed about it in the early beginning I guess.
12. Introduction quest seemed to be completed, yet it mention some old master I should visit. So it is completed or not?

Some minor stuff here, easily fixed within hour, but it was my first impression on the cons. I didn't play much so I don't have the right to rate, afterall I could not anyway. Some badass map indeed, good job on it again.

Thank you for the feedback, these problems will be addressed.

Level 31
Thank you for the feedback, these problems will be addressed.
No problem, I feel bad about it since I had no will to continue playing it somewhy. Perhaps because it was too independent, not quick enough, somewhy it did not pull me in it.

Also I forgot to mention that voice recordings would be great. Currently I am working on my project in which I try to record all voices and add it to the map, it is absolutately different feeling when you actually see text and hear speaking than just to see text in silence.

Oh and what is more, name of the file itself is too long, I could not see it in the game so I had to rename it. I suggest naming it something like *SotP (version)* or something, just to avoid this.