• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0

md_01.png

md_06.png

md_08.png

md_10.png

md_12.png
md_14.png

Keywords:
RPG, SPRPG, Shadows of the Past, Shadow, Shadows, Past, -Kobas-
Contents

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Reviewing on request. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + Beautiful terrain + Advanced UI + Sounds - Gameplay...
Ouch, small problem, the history no longer contains an entry which contains the previous description. (There's one but it won't show = bugged)
You're gonna have to rewrite the description I'm afraid. (And yeah this is a common bug since the new server, ask me everytime before you update your map to give you the description beforehand)

Ouch, small problem, the history no longer contains an entry which contains the previous description. (There's one but it won't show = bugged)
You're gonna have to rewrite the description I'm afraid. (And yeah this is a common bug since the new server, ask me everytime before you update your map to give you the description beforehand)
Damn, that sucks.
But thanks to my superior intelligence I was able to copy and paste it from another thread. Man I'm awesome. Dat-Kobas- :ogre_datass:

Level 4
thers some standard items showing up as drops, like crown of kings (+5 stats) bonus is applied in normal inventory and cant equip.. guess u just forgot to take it out lol
also, lower sell value... 160 per item is really high considering u get like 5g per kill ^^
alot of the stuff u can spend skill points on just increases strenght instead of what it says it does
some voice acting would be nice here and there, for example at the intro would suit well i think
the bonus stats from the ressurect stones seems kinda bs

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
thers some standard items showing up as drops, like crown of kings (+5 stats) bonus is applied in normal inventory and cant equip.. guess u just forgot to take it out lol
also, lower sell value... 160 per item is really high considering u get like 5g per kill ^^
alot of the stuff u can spend skill points on just increases strenght instead of what it says it does
some voice acting would be nice here and there, for example at the intro would suit well i think
the bonus stats from the ressurect stones seems kinda bs

If you did not notice that the items does not have description neither. With that you can easily make a note that items are unfinished. And I can tell -Kobas- recreated the items only to show up the new inventory system.
And about voice acting we have been disscussing about this in the official forums and you can take apart as well. And we have decided that might do voice acting. But not yet. I can also reveal your mind a little that me and Unknown are working on item descriptions for now and -Kobas- will finish the sell values I assume.

-Kobas- recreated the items to give them consecutive Ids like 'I000', 'I001', 'I002' etc.. instead of random ones so that I can avoid hashtables with the ItemBonus system :p

Speed was necessary because it was causing minor spikes on item pickup/drop events due to the amount of code running just to add the bonuses :p

He also manually created the bonus objects instead of using Lua (You mad -Kobas-? :D)

Level 7
Hmm ... The system of classes, the system of interaction, reading books ...
I think somewhere all this the author spied and picked up ideas from there:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
Ask the author. Let him tell you where he got ideas :ogre_hurrhurr: By the way, about the inventory I did not say anything.

^Lolol no you're not the first person to do that in your God's Word project darling, not to advertise or anything, but even I had done those things in my previous maps. (AND several other rpgs by other people)
Hell, even video games from the past did it. (Dungeon Siege 2 for that matter)
Also stupid kobas, y u no edit the description.

Level 7
I understand, but all of this in his map, he added, after seeing my map. The system of reading books in skype spied, when i show him my map = D And he said to me: "A good system should be in my map to do.":ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
I have nothing against. I wrote it, so that later, when will my project released, you can not say - "You stole the idea from -Kobas-!":ogre_hurrhurr:

I have nothing against. I wrote it, so that later, when will my project released, you can not say - "You stole the idea from -Kobas-!":ogre_hurrhurr:

not really, someone will still say that you stole it... there will always be those who don't read that much post... XD...

on topic, haven't tested yet due to tight sched, hopefully I can play it later, I really wanna test out the new features...

Level 4
Great map 5/5 looking forward for future updates. Btw music realy reminds me to Gaia orpg another epic rpg map as yours. Maybe its because of this :)
Credits:

Thanks: teh.fellow aka Playmo, Zwiebelchen aka Todeszwiebel, Shapy, muzzel,
ap0calypse

Level 12
The description needs some slight changes I think. Either that or I played the game wrong. Cause there was only one spell I saw in the game, and that was a fire ball that was tied to this fire staff thing.

However, the game itself was very nice (albeit short) once I figured it out. I will be checking in on this from time to time, :D

Level 12
Yeah you have to actually manually choose "Single Player" on the main menu, you can't do it LAN or on BNet with just 1 person, it will not work.

Level 12
i cant get into it my war 3 keeps saying map file size too big help?!?!?!

On the main menu when you first open warcraft, hit SINGLE PLAYER. Then hit CUSTOM GAME and select the DOWNLOADS folder if it isn't already selected.

Pick Shadows of the Past (Should be at or near the top as it is only 1 player and the list is based on max players, ascending) and then play. It isn't rocket science.

YOU CANNOT PLAY THIS GAME FROM THE LAN OR BATTLE.NET MENUS EVEN IF YOU ARE ALONE BECAUSE THE FILESIZE IS OVER THE 8MB LIMIT.

Do it in single player and it WILL work.

On the main menu when you first open warcraft, hit SINGLE PLAYER. Then hit CUSTOM GAME and select the DOWNLOADS folder if it isn't already selected.

-->not really, it depends on where he puts the map... like me for example, I put it on RPG folder... XD

but yeah just follow his instruction and ur ready to go... but seriously, you should try playing a map first using all possible methods before you whine about not being able to play it...

and I don't see the point in trying to play an SPRPG map in LAN or BNET... maybe you could enlighten me as to why would someone do it?

anyway, I've tested the map, but for a little while only coz I'm pretty busy, and all I can say is that, its a lot better than the previous versions...

Level 12
and I don't see the point in trying to play an SPRPG map in LAN or BNET... maybe you could enlighten me as to why would someone do it?

Well, I tried it in LAN without thinking cause I play on Garena constantly. More of a muscle memory thing than anything else. Then it said it was too large so I realized my silly mistake, lol.

Last edited:
Level 12
You must not understand what muscle memory means. I went and tried it in LAN first on accident. Ever hear of an accident?

Look up a couple of posts before you insult me. I was answering adiktuz as to his question:

The answer was muscle memory.

EDIT: Oh, it was a mix up.

Last edited:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
You must not understand what muscle memory means. I went and tried it in LAN first on accident. Ever hear of an accident?

Look up a couple of posts before you insult me. I was answering adiktuz as to his question:

The answer was muscle memory.

Sorry... Mixed you with Varie my bad... read my name and you will understand

Level 1
I'm hoping this hasn't been posted here already, but I'd rather not look through 20 pages (couldn't see a way to solve on the first couple pages).
I made a battlemage on easy, got to level 7 and saved.
When I loaded my save game, I forgot to use some points when I hit level 7.
So I hit F3 to allocate the points then the game froze and crashed.

-Soakedboy

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I have to hand it to you, you know how to make an awesome map. Can't wait for the new version and the new quest, one that requires brains to finish i hope :).

So should I make sure I allocate all skill points before saving a game?

I guess that's a good way to avoid the bug for now.
I'll consult -Kobas- and we'll see what we can do :p

edit
-Kobas- is in the middle of a DotA 2 game, so the fix is going to be looked into tomorrow xD

Last edited: