1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0

Submitted by -Kobas-
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Keywords:
RPG, SPRPG, Shadows of the Past, Shadow, Shadows, Past, -Kobas-
Contents

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Reviewing on request. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + Beautiful terrain + Advanced UI + Sounds - Gameplay...
  1. ryusora

ryusora

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like the game is in a pre-beta version... i thought its was already full release... anyways, great game you made!!!!

I'll point i few things that i think

Pro
    Characters and skills
    terrain
    items
    food system
    stats (same as gaias... and i love this system)

Contra and bugs

After you finish a quest the npc remains with the notification on their heads

Buying two water elemental... MAN THE GAME GOT BROKEN AFTER I TRYIED TO BUY A SECOND WATER ELEMENTAL!!!!! FIX THIS!!!! I couldnt use the water elemental anymore and i kept dying if i dropped the item and tryed to pick it up again...

Monster AI... the sorcerer have a huge casting range for his skills and mobs keep taking spells and ignoring me... thats sad...

Foods... i should stack more than 1 apple in a slot but it dont work like that (it should be able to stack lots and lots of food in one slot)

Loots system... srsly, it sux... let the creeps just drop it on the floor and erase any non picked item after 60 seconds or something.

Despite all the bugs and things i didnt liked, i'll give 9/10... this game is great and have a lot of potential... it would be even better if it was multiplayer!!!

Sorry, english isnt my best language

2. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank you all for testing this, I'm fixing things really fast, for example this:
    Was handed with Wanderer ability, it sucks because it will force creep to act like neutral passive unit, I created script today that replaced this silly AI, creeps (monsters will now act more realistic).

About elementals, dunno why but you once when you buy pet can't move item to other slots it will remove abilities from it :sad:
    I will create new system soon, now when I unlocked camera I don't need to care about controlling few units at same time so this should be little easier.

Once again, thanks, new update 0.1.7.9 (yes 4 versions ahead right now), will be uploaded on 1st, February.

3. Palooo3

Palooo3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No problem with testing, keep up good work and expect my review for 0.1.7.9 too.

4. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Did you try Object Editors - Can Flee thing away? I think that should block running thing? Not completely sure.

So waiting for the first of February.

5. ryusora

ryusora

Resources:
    Resources:
    The bug that i mentioned about dying after buying 2 water elemental rune, isnt happenning anymore... weird. But like you said, if you move the item from slot it stop working and then u have to drop it and pick it up to work again

Thief backstab make creeps run from you...

Archer spirit owl aoe is pretty lame... a 5 line damage... it with be better if it was a real cone.

Archer net... the same as ALLLLL other spells of all chars of the game, you use it and the creeps run away like is no hero to fight...

Dropping items from backpack is pretty lame... you must drop it extremely close of you and yet it keeps going back to you if you dont find the perfect spot to drop...

Switch priorits in the stores. Switch from hero to backpack... that option is basic in any map and i found myself with backpack as main buyer...

6. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hmm... I would do it like the bags would not be heroes. Maybe builders, every one knows how to hotkey unit(s). Or if not you can just write a tip...

That would block posibilty to buy straight into backpack if your heros inventory is not full cause the shop will automaticly select hero... Atleast I think so. Also the hero preview screen will block the screen abit... Also I would too increase the item dropping range...

7. Greenwhy

Greenwhy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the bags as heroes, it provides a good interface.

8. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well it depends. I would go for non-heros.

9. Kala

Kala

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I liked the intro cinematic and the character selection.

But the game looks like a Gaias Retaliation ripoff. The game play is generic and booring, and the filter thing is very annoying.

10. SHURA_BR

SHURA_BR

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I first saw the size of the map, I was like "14.5 mB !?!?!" Then I played the map and saw just how much had been done with those 14 mB.

Good job with the cameras and the character selection system (I know it must have been a pain to make that, and it seems flawless). I also really enjoyed that Oblivion theme at the start. It brought me back, heh.

Just a suggestion: About the birthsigns and specializations, I'd suggest you give the player some explanation about them before the player selects his one (ok, it's possible to have some idea of the specializations by just reading their names, but not the birthsigns).

Other than that, keep up that S-kicking work, sir.

11. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    You can send your suggestion offically to Hosted Project > Shadows of the Past > Forum... But I think -Kobas- will also read suggestions here. You can also support the project in there. :)

12. Greenwhy

Greenwhy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with SHURA_BR, I think you should give the player some explanation about birthsigns.

13. ryusora

ryusora

Resources:
    Resources:
    The game still in alpha version...

14. Lorska

Lorska

Resources:
    Resources:
    well I start with the good points:
    nice terrain
    good character selection

mediocre points:
    boring interface
    stat system lacks diversity, i mean wow you can have also life and mana...

bad points:
    food system: too expensive, too high dereg, you should be able to buy stacks (eg 10 apples instead of 1), why buy food, you can just die...
    skill system: well you have 2 skills, thats the system so far... no possibility to increase leve and no formulas
    stat system: no influence from attribute stats to indirect stats (crit/bash)
    text: missing texts on birthsigns, professions, characters, items
    profession system: well you can choose it and then?
    camera: the 3rd person camera isn't something good here, I have seen much better ones
    aggro: yeah all mobs run away at first when you hit them with an ability
    items: item choice is really limited, are there ven weapons except for starting weapons?
    enemies: the difference is a bit hard, you can easily kill the boars, but you get fucked by wolves and bandits, also just hit&die enemies, no abilities
    experience: quests give riddiculous low exp compared to enemies, bandits give none
    armor system: why bother to get a armor with 3-5% damage reduction at best? why doesn't anyone try to make an armor system thats even efficient on low levels...
    story: won't comment on quests etc. because it's not finished yet
    dieing: no penalty system, you just have to wait lvl*1 seconds... wow

I won't vote know because it's still in the early stages (I hope), but for now it would be 2.5/5 at best, only the terrain increases the rating...
    A gaias retlalitation rip-off? stop kidding me, it only has partially similar terrain and classes.

edit:
    just realized that this is a map from Kobas... sadly I' used to better things from him... Still no reason to make things better than they are :(

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  15. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for comment.
    Well everything you noticed was already many times noticed, but I will try to improve some elements really fast.
    New version bring new terrain and I will finally make some difference compared to gaias (-.-).

Improved a little.
    Works in new version.
    Because I think that there is no need for such things, I will soon create new level up system and explain stats and shits nicely when time come.
    I will see can I add this right now.
    It's disabled.
    You don't like it and I respect that.
    Fixed, improved, new AI shaped.
    Well kill some creeps. There are more than 200 items so far.
    Bandits are level 2 basic creeps, there is msg on the screen show when you enter that area.
    Fixed and improved.
    Will see what can I do about it.
    I started to present story in new version.
    Time is set to 3 seconds. You can die unlimited number of times because I don't want to defeat you if you die. But each time when you die your score will be reduced. This system isn't finished but I made main systems.
    When time come it will be explained nicely.

16. ryusora

ryusora

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kobas, creeps drop system still the same? plz remove that weird tibia drop system...

Let the creeps drop the loot on the floors!!!! (plz)

And add a system to clean any non picked loot that havent been picked for the last 60 seconds or somethings.

17. Palooo3

Palooo3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Agreed that this would be better, but maybe it's my personal opinion

18. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't have cool models for armors/helmets and such objects so I avoid item dropping on the ground, but it can be solved by removing few lines of text easily.

I will see what can I do about it.

19. Lorska

Lorska

Resources:
    Resources:
    bandits: then perhabs set lvl of bandits higher? crabs are easier to kill than bandits so far
    dieing: well you could also loose some gold/exp depending on difficulty
    items: sry I mostly got shop items about 8/10 drops perhabs bad luck...
    ah and I beleive you can give your items to the loot-whatever-glowing-thing
    haha you don't have to be so formal, just ignore such things^^ perhabs it would be better to have a camera that is locked on character view (facing direction when traveling) but you could still spin around when standing. just a suggestion though.

(terrain thing: that gaia's thing referred to one of the posts above, I don't think it's too similar, I understand that there are some terrain models that are just the best currently, so they are used, nothing bad about it)

perhabs when choosing character let a text pop up, with what's disabled etc. for this version

good luck for this project

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  20. Palooo3

Palooo3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've seen several maps wich were marked as "Gaias ripoffs". It is beacuse HQ model pack and also, if you play human normal classes are Thief, Warrior (Squire), Ranger and such. It would be strange if human were shaman or alchemist etc. Also Gaias is prolly most famous game using HQ model pack so everyone thinks it's ripoff but it is not really at all.