• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0

md_01.png

md_06.png

md_08.png

md_10.png

md_12.png
md_14.png

Keywords:
RPG, SPRPG, Shadows of the Past, Shadow, Shadows, Past, -Kobas-
Contents

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Reviewing on request. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + Beautiful terrain + Advanced UI + Sounds - Gameplay...
Oh my... Where did you find all those bugz it work fine here ^_^
Ok nvm I will check everything.

And about text and interface errors, it's because screen resolution.
That's why I posted this next to download button:
File is optimized and because of that you can't open it within WE without modifications.
Please set your graphic to highest, and suggested resolution screen is 1920x1080.
Small resolution and graphic can broke game or improperly display data.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
11. I'm having some problem with spells, I couldn't get anything no matter how hard I interact with everyone, I may not be informed about it in the early beginning I guess.

I completely agree with this one. If there is such "spell" as interract it really should help like. If you go talk to some one he would tell you where or how to get spells like.

Citizen - "Here in camp you can´t learn spells but in the forest lives a witch called Hendah."

Lumberjack - "Looking for Hendah? Right just keep following the river and you´ll find her hut."

This kind of things would really make the game more interesting and would help alot in early game.

Level 1
I suggest reviewing all items tooltips. While picked up in traditional WC3 inventory, for example, damaged iron cuirass (or whatever it's called) says +12 armor, while in custom inventory it says +6.

Also, some kind of indication of where to go would be very good. Because right now it's just aimless wandering hoping you'll find what you're looking for.

Otherwise great map.

Level 4
Now the Map is working!!

:fp: AMAZING Quests , Story Lines =)

:fp: AWESOME Pickup and Spell System

:fp: Really nice terraining!!

:fp: A perfect Map 15/10
---------------------------------------
Really little Bug or mistake...-> At the start by Bobs house.
The sign says "Das Fröhlische" this is German :D
---------------------------------------
Special thanks for the nice support and help =)
and a really ****** AMAZING MAP!! :infl_thumbs_up::thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

Level 5
hi, i played till level 12 and here are some suggenstions:
- at the urgent message quest i destroyed the "award" and the quest was not able to finish anymore
- the captin john and his guy got killed by creeps, dont know if he is important further.
- i killed all bandits in a camp at level 9 and at the last bandit i leveled up to 10 and they all respawned at once with doubled health?
- the amout of weapons dropped are very high, i have 1500 gold after selling them but no idea where to spend it.
- the hunger doesnt work right, maybe because i played in normal mode. hunger always stays at zero, when eating it increses and decreases again pretty fast.
+ where can i learn spells????????
ok this is it so far. besides that: awesome, awesome, awesome.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
You can learn spell from Staff of Fire or something like that, myself I also played the version, as a mage and I used whosyourdaddy to obtain the staff but creatures just did not drop it.
I will talk about this to -Kobas-. Also gold values are not final ones, we will edit them for a little.
And about the bandits, shit happens xD

Level 1
I tried playing and the map just doesn't load, i w8 and i w8 but for nothing...can someone tell me why is this happening. The video is max on everything...suggestions??
EDITL: It works nevermind

Last edited:
Level 1
Searched the whole map for the old guy you are told to find after you talk to the people in town, and thus reached lvl 17 without advancing anything besides most of the side quests. Might have been some sort of bug that did not load whatever scripts controls quest progress. 1/10 because of the boring uneventful grindfest that i had to push myself to in search of anything to do.

Level 14
Well I gues this is the best map in THW...Yea i saw other maps and they are he top 20 like this one so they had 100000 downloads!And i dont care because they cant be better that this keep up the good work!

100K Downloads doesn't mean anything since TKOK was released here in October 2009,this was released in late December 2011,so it wouldn't matter anyway,btw,epic work on the map SoTP dev team :D

Last edited:
Level 14
Yeah, epic work on the map -Kobas-. Just -Kobas-. ;_;

I wouldn't put everyone's name here right? lol good work to you too man! this map wouldn't be so good if it weren't for your triggering

Edit: >_< i'll just say SoTP dev team instead lol :p (i regret nothing)

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I really have to give feedback to -Kobas- also about the ingame events.
Players won´t enjoy playing if you give the quests but don´t help them with them, just search something. I would say place some items like "rusty iron dagger" to ground and help players with quests and also add more cool events like grave yard with zombies or something. Also I would suggest common, semirare and rare drops. =)

Level 3
The health bars are a custom texture you would import in place of the original one.
The damage showing is done through this system of ours that I wrote.
The map is open source bro. (I think)

edit
Or, maybe not.

So where can I find the model or skin/texture of the health bars? and the map is protected beacaue there will be an error if i open it.

^ I'm going to give you a tip.
First, go to the Gameplay Configuration (Advanced -> Game Interface)

And there, search for the HP bar configuration.
Take the path of the model that is used by default from it, then, using an MPQ Editor which you can download with a google search, extract that skin used for the HP bar model.
Open up the skin with some image editor and let the changes begin.
When you're done, import the skin into your map with the same name as the original and the same path as the one inside the MPQ Editor (meaning you have to change the wc3imported thing)

Wow! Just wow! I just tested your 0.7.5.1 and there so many cool changes!!!! Cuz I just play the 0.5.1.1! But heres a question... in the intro quest where can I find this old man....

I guess yes ^_^

Oh guys I have so awesome story in my head, I already finished writing first chapter in MS Word.

But I have some things to create first and fix something related to creeps, also I will see can I finish talent tree system, before I start moving forward with story.

Level 4
I guess yes ^_^

Oh guys I have so awesome story in my head, I already finished writing first chapter in MS Word.

But I have some things to create first and fix something related to creeps, also I will see can I finish talent tree system, before I start moving forward with story.

Really wish you a good luck! Wish there's many changes in next version especially in equipments and quests! Cuz there's only few equipments and quest....