• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0

md_01.png

md_06.png

md_08.png

md_10.png

md_12.png
md_14.png

Keywords:
RPG, SPRPG, Shadows of the Past, Shadow, Shadows, Past, -Kobas-
Contents

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Reviewing on request. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + Beautiful terrain + Advanced UI + Sounds - Gameplay...
Level 18
Awesome map, with good combat and skills sistem.
I think there should be added some descriptions, when, for exapmle, you point at the inventory/skills/abilities button.

The only problem I got is that whenever I save the game, The ability sistem gives me "fatal error" and the game crushes down

Level 4
Awesome map, with good combat and skills sistem.
I think there should be added some descriptions, when, for exapmle, you point at the inventory/skills/abilities button.

The only problem I got is that whenever I save the game, The ability sistem gives me "fatal error" and the game crushes down

We have the same problem! Crashes in abilities!:grin:

Level 2
This is a cool map though it still can be better.
-terrain is great but it is a bit dark specially at night making searching for quest items and NPCs harder so how about making it a bit brighter?
-i liked the inventory system as it looks like RPG inventory system making map more fun.
-Enemy creeps are good but how about making the lower level enemies do not attack unless u do?
-The cinematics are cool though the first cinematic was just a picture of a tree in darkness and people talking most of it.i guess it can be better if you just show us the soldiers who were talking at first or just more views other than tree only.
-The music is same as gaia retaliation map music.How about a new 1 like the 1 played in the 1st cinematic?
-The 1st quest where u should talk to some NPCs is a bit hard.i found all of the NPCs except the captain so can u make it easier and more clear as it is the first quest please?
-Nice classes mainly because some of them are original.
-Nice difficulty system.
-Great skills and many skills u did are original as well.
-Nice stat system.Besides showing the stats of every class is helpful as most of people get confused where to put their stat points.
-All in all its a good map and i feel u put a lot of effort in this map so i will rate it 5/5 but i hope u can make it more perfect.Good work :).

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
-terrain is great but it is a bit dark specially at night making searching for quest items and NPCs harder so how about making it a bit brighter?
>Nights are supposed to be dark, go seek items in daylight. We will possibly make somekind of sleep system later.
-i liked the inventory system as it looks like RPG inventory system making map more fun.
>That's the idea.
-Enemy creeps are good but how about making the lower level enemies do not attack unless u do?
>The idea is to have as living environment and nature as possibly, and it is natural that wolves will attack you if you go too close. Though I still think right now the range of attacking is too long, there should be somekind of "warning time" which after the creature attacks you.
-The cinematics are cool though the first cinematic was just a picture of a tree in darkness and people talking most of it.i guess it can be better if you just show us the soldiers who were talking at first or just more views other than tree only.
>The first cinematic is just opening, it links past and now together. It shows that you are knocked down (or something) and you are not fully awake and just looking up.
-The music is same as gaia retaliation map music.How about a new 1 like the 1 played in the 1st cinematic?
>We will not add more music tracks until it is important. In future there will be more music tracks.
-The 1st quest where u should talk to some NPCs is a bit hard.i found all of the NPCs except the captain so can u make it easier and more clear as it is the first quest please?
>Quests might get better dialogs and texts later, after the main idea is finished.
-Nice classes mainly because some of them are original.
>Did not really understand that, they are still unbalanced and needs fixing. Will be done later.
-Nice difficulty system.
>Yesh!
-Great skills and many skills u did are original as well.
Presenting new spells and skills in the next uploading. (Sooorry for leaking -Kobas-)
-Nice stat system.Besides showing the stats of every class is helpful as most of people get confused where to put their stat points.
As simple as possible and still interesting is the goal.
-All in all its a good map and i feel u put a lot of effort in this map so i will rate it 5/5 but i hope u can make it more perfect.Good work :).
You can not really say "more perfect" and thanks for your feedback.
-Remixer

Level 1
For some reason the map doesn't appear on my folder :( I downloaded it and put it in Scenario, then I go for the game -> single player -> custom map -> frozen throne -> scenario... and i can't find it :( some help?

Level 6
Awesome. Feels a bit like Elder Scrolls put into WC3, and not just because of the loadscreen :D

One massive bug I encountered quickly: once I picked up a second rusty iron dagger, my inventory only displayed one rusty iron dagger icon - even though I picked up other items. I could properly add other items as my equipment, but not remove the iron dagger, or rather, its icon.

Last edited:
Awesome. Feels a bit like Elder Scrolls put into WC3, and not just because of the loadscreen :D

One massive bug I encountered quickly: once I picked up a second rusty iron dagger, my inventory only displayed one rusty iron dagger icon - even though I picked up other items. I could properly add other items as my equipment, but not remove the iron dagger, or rather, its icon.

I will check that asap.

Level 6
Thanks. In order to provide you with more detailed info on what might cause this:

- When I click the inventory spot where the iron dagger icon was, I actually get all the info for the item that is actually stored on this slot displayed. E.g., if I have an empty inventory, I see only the dagger icon, but when I click on it I don't see anything, and I can't drop it.
- When picking up an item to an empty inventory, the dagger icon is still there and the first item gets stored "below" that. I can move it around freely and add it to the inventory though once I click on the dagger. If I move it somewhere else, the dagger icon stays, and the other item is displayed correctly.
- I think it is a problem that came up in connection with dropping items. I think (but can't guarantee that, I didn't keep a logfiles of my activities, obviously :p) the problem first occured when I already had a dagger equipped as my actual weapon, then picked up another, and wanted to drop my actual weapon because the new one was of higher quality. A similar thing occured a bit later where an Iron Armor I was wearing disappeared (at least I'm pretty sure it did - my inventory was quite crowded, and afterwards I couldn't find it on the ground any more) after I wanted to swop some items. So anyway: I think it's somewhat related to the "drop item" functionality, but I'm not exactly sure how.

Hope that helps a bit =)

//Update: I just continued playing and picked up a "Spider Ring", which was the first item whose icon actually appeared in front of the bugged dagger icon, i.e. was visible to me. When I equipped the ring, though, the dagger icon which does nothing returned - so the slot still isn't emptied.

Last edited:
@The Wizard
Sorry to hear that, but my project is almost 2 years old, can't change it now :p
Thank you.

@xorkatoss
Fixed, thanks again.

@Unhit
I recreated custom inventory, removed 50 lines of code, split lib into 2 and made some improvements, works flawlessly now, I played a little with it and wasn't able to find any bugs, I hope it won't bother you anymore.

@minhoca125
Try to shorten name like Kael said, it's working fine here, dunno.

@PUVer
Maybe, it's hard to be original these days :(

Well new update is on the way, and I will finally start working on new items this time :)

Thank you for your time and support.

Level 7
I've got a problem with loading the newest map version, and it seems that i have the newest bnet patch too. My problem is as soon as i choose your map Kobas, till like 70% it's loading and after that it turns of w3 game. Any idea why?
And btw. It's a wicked project i love it! ;)

I've got a problem with loading the newest map version, and it seems that i have the newest bnet patch too. My problem is as soon as i choose your map Kobas, till like 70% it's loading and after that it turns of w3 game. Any idea why?
And btw. It's a wicked project i love it! ;)

Graphic must be set to MAX!

Level 6
@Unhit
I recreated custom inventory, removed 50 lines of code, split lib into 2 and made some improvements, works flawlessly now, I played a little with it and wasn't able to find any bugs, I hope it won't bother you anymore.

Wow, crazy, thanks a lot! I'll try again, and if you don't hear from me in the next couple of days, everything's fine :D

Level 6
I guess you don't allow using standart warcraft camera because of cheating:)
It's lacking when you are going down from any high hill (the one with respawn point f.e.) and so I don't like it.
And telling the truth, It's a little boring map. Maybe you'll add some kind of micro-events(something shorter than additional quests) in the mob spawning areas?

Damn I can't keep secrets :sad:
Here you go, few places you will be able to explore.
House is optional quest related.
Another 2 are main quest related.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=j84ir3

Crafting quests, Main Quest 2 is now finished, waiting for English grammar fix.
Quest 3 will be soon, and map will be rdy for update.

Have a nice day.

Level 1
Did the command work? I input one of "-stats,-acv,-cameraon -cameraoff",but nothing happened.

btw,can i disable the camera? It don't follow me,i must move slowly when i turn back from the hilltop.

sorry for my bad english

Did the command work? I input one of "-stats,-acv,-cameraon -cameraoff",but nothing happened.

btw,can i disable the camera? It don't follow me,i must move slowly when i turn back from the hilltop.

sorry for my bad english

Commends are disabled, everything you do is now linked to hero (F1,F2...F5) or using arrow keys, abilities, items...

You need to mention somewhere in the loading screen, or in the beginning of the game, that arrow keys rotate the camera. Took me a while to figure it out...

Looks cool so far though, really awesome.

Ranged attacks should have more range, though. When the camera is so far behind your character and at such a sharp angle, it looks as though the archer can only shoot about halfway across a closet.

Level 4
cheat should be disabled, and hope you can click on the mini map to make your hero auto-move on that location, but anyway its a great game ill give it 4/5

Level 5
Hey I was wondering if there was a solution to my problem? When I go to play your map it pauses then reopens the Custom Map screen with no options for your map and I can't launch it?!?
Anyway I can fix this?

Level 30
Hey, Kobas. I dont know if this is a bug but this surely annnoys me... Its about the camera, your camera is the default one right? The one that can be moved but when I open my Inventory and close the camera sudden locked and the view from my character got so ruined. Maybe you can fix this? Still the game is so nice, I like how you did those systems! +REP!

Hey, Kobas. I dont know if this is a bug but this surely annnoys me... Its about the camera, your camera is the default one right? The one that can be moved but when I open my Inventory and close the camera sudden locked and the view from my character got so ruined. Maybe you can fix this? Still the game is so nice, I like how you did those systems! +REP!
Use arrow keys to configure camera :)