• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0

md_01.png

md_06.png

md_08.png

md_10.png

md_12.png
md_14.png

Keywords:
RPG, SPRPG, Shadows of the Past, Shadow, Shadows, Past, -Kobas-
Contents

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Reviewing on request. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + Beautiful terrain + Advanced UI + Sounds - Gameplay...
Level 1
:)

New version is uploaded.
I re-created terrain, and that was really huge job.
After this I will work on quests (finally) and just keep adding items and other shit!

Enjoy.

terrain is awasome... but got 1 bug all the time..when i exit from house/cave my minimap square is not there where its supposed to be.. it shows me another place but visibility of minimap geos where is supposed to be.. and then when u get killed it goes back to place...

and my monk quest stucked... was trying to interact with acoylite (in ruined house basement) but nothing happened.. tryed to exit game and made load game but still... ITS STUCKED!

btw what with pets? why i couldnt pick 1st and last pet @ choose screen?
and ye--- i cant understand what to do with skill research...

P.S. P.S.
when i try use chain lightening spell i got error! and its all the time the same...
so it means use spells and got kicked xD

but map is wery nice thought :) keep it up good work ;)

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
The public version ends to talking with Trioh (talking with the acolyte does not have any actions).

You can not pick any other pets in public version since they have not been made in that yet.

Skill tree is unfinished and it is not in use yet.

About the spell I do not know I can ask -Kobas-

Currently the project is off and is not under work.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It's been like year since I last checked this map, has it gotten any better since then? I'm downloading at the moment...

Level 3
terrain is awasome... but got 1 bug all the time..when i exit from house/cave my minimap square is not there where its supposed to be.. it shows me another place but visibility of minimap geos where is supposed to be.. and then when u get killed it goes back to place...

and my monk quest stucked... was trying to interact with acoylite (in ruined house basement) but nothing happened.. tryed to exit game and made load game but still... ITS STUCKED!

btw what with pets? why i couldnt pick 1st and last pet @ choose screen?
and ye--- i cant understand what to do with skill research...

P.S. P.S.
when i try use chain lightening spell i got error! and its all the time the same...
so it means use spells and got kicked xD

but map is wery nice thought :) keep it up good work ;)

there is also the scroll of town portal where when you use it in a cave that gives you fix-camera settings or maybe inside a house, your camera will stuck there even after you teleported

Level 2
i was trying to do third quest and i couldn't selekt ant talk to that man in hi hideout i canot continue playing without compleating that quest please fix that or ezplain me how to complete it

i was trying to do third quest and i couldn't selekt ant talk to that man in hi hideout i canot continue playing without compleating that quest please fix that or ezplain me how to complete it
U know that part is not yet triggered right? That's why u can't continue. The map is far from complete u know:>

Last edited:
Level 30
Something tells me you like the elder scrolls :ogre_hurrhurr:

I presonally think you get a little too much things to soak in in the start but we are all different. However the game crashed when I tried to enter a building and I have the settings on highest etc.

This showed up:
attachment.php

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 305
Level 2
i acuttally have SAME problem....when i try to talk to the old man in hideout nothing happen...NOTHING AT ALLL........The game is good...nothing crashed....BUT TELL ME HOW I SUPPOST TO PLAY WITHOUT EVEN COMPLETEING THE 3rd quest ?!?!?!?!

Level 12
Good job already wrong spelling at the start: but rather that that?
Or should it be: But rather than that?

Aint cool to start the game with wrongs...
You should also add some Hints, since when i was in martin house i didnt know how to comme out after like 5 mins...

EDIT: After 6-7 mins i found another wrong spelled name.......
This is a unit named: Town Watch Swordrman...
Is this just rushed???????
And why use 50% of the map and 50% dont you use...
gg

Level 5
I'm not about spelling errors. I don't mind them, of course they should be fixed but not because of me.

I'll edit this post as I play.

I took Battle-Mage. Description says he got Heavy Armor. He doesn't, instead he has Block.
Description says he got Destruction. He doesn't, instead he has Scholarship.

Edit: Oh god... I usualy would have no issues with the slow beginning as it is quite more fun the more you progress... but now I got an FATAL ERROR! (The error uses capital letters)

0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F4D9F46 which referenced memory at 0xA5C30088 <--- if anyone can do anything with it.

I'm frustrated now... reaching level 5 is about half an hour... now I gotta start anew... well tommorow...

Last edited:
Level 5
Are you sure all your settings are at the highest possible?

Sadly yes :( I already have it high up there because of other maps, wouldn't know what else I could do (resolution change? I use 1280*1024*32.). I guess I should just avoid to activate 2 abilities at once. And save often...

Oh well, right now I suffer through "the chosen ones" which has issues with the latest version that it didn't have in every version I played before.

I guess it is expected that a map that hasn't been reworked in a year or two won't work properly anymore even if it did before.

Edit:

It actually can be that I just got unlucky, as I did not encounter this error since then. If it happens again I'll report otherwise it was a one-timer.

Level 2
Confused about stats

Is there someplace in game or a website someone can refer me to that explains the stats in more detail
like is athletics just movement speed?
Or does archery just affect autoattack damage with bows? or helps with bow skills as well? (and is it just flat damage or benefits based on equipped bow?)

This is the kind of thing that prevents me from getting into a game because i'm sure i'll just screw up my character.

Level 2
ah

Makes sense why they don't descriptive tooltips then. Would still be nice if it said something like "coming soon" or "not yet implemented" or if there was something in the quest log about them (or a command listed in quest log that can give you more information). I'll give the game another try then =)

P.S. Would also be nice if you highlighted spots you can equip items to; or add mouseover tooltips. Took me a long time to figure out where to put an (orb-shaped) "pet belt" (which was an orb spot to my surprise--was trying to find a belt icon based on the name--also I didn't realize the top 4 slots were for pet). And I dropped the healing skill long before i figured out to drag it to Q/W/E/R to equip it. (Works great once you figure it out though)

More unsolicited feedback: love the pets! Love the gold pickup system! Also the music works well.
♦Could be cool if you gave random dialogue (above head) to some (named/lore) units when you interact with them without a quest
♦Maybe make mage slightly ranged or a way to turn off autoattack or some sort of aggro/priority system that doesn't make it get aggro from auto attacking once (off of agility/dps wildkin pet) (although i could heal from afar without ever taking aggro off of an uninjured mob)
♦Maybe some more bonuses from leveling up (max hp/mana/slight regen or of course stat (agi/str/int) growth)--although the stat point system once implemented might take care of this....or you could do bonus default growths on levelup as a perk to picking a class.
♦Maybe reset/improve regen on Shiva the spider if you leave the cellar---can do that rest up and come back. (Also nice quest---I wouldn't be able to sleep either or take care of the spider myself if that thing was in my basement, I'd totally find somewhere else to crash and pay someone to deal with it)

*Edit* read through some more comments and realized that the stat points do add primary attibutes (str/agi/intelligence)---woulda been nice to know lol

Last edited:
Level 1
are this map is full or be Beta ?

cus i have problem with trioh he dont speak with me :D maybe he dont like me :(

but this map is soooooooo sexy and nice and good GG maker

Level 7
Hello, i am having some problem with your map. Firstly the trioh hideout, i went inside the shed and press z on the acolyte "trioh" but no response. Tried many times by going in and out of the shed and secondly, I was killing crabs and they perma-stunned me. I think they were 3 red crabs and used frost armor and maybe water elemental spell. I lured some other crabs using wildkin pet and they killed arakin. Prob solved for 1 time.