• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sect of the Holy Mother 5

Reactions: deepstrasz
Yes, it's here, the Sect of the Holy Mother Part 5 - The High Council.

I wont go into details because, well, I wouldn't want to spoil anything, just wanted to say that I hope you like it and enjoy it.

Keywords:
Sect, Holy Mother, Nikola, Cmarket, Kafana, Story, awesome, nice, good
Contents

Sect of the Holy Mother 5 (Map)

Reviews
23:11, 11th Jun 2008 MasterHaosis: Bandit: Raid and pillage ! Nikola: Damnit those bandits ! Run ! Bandit: Going somewhere ? haha man this was best part ! Yet again I am impressed with your cinematic man ! Awesome terrain, Awesome story, nice...

M

23:11, 11th Jun 2008
MasterHaosis:
Bandit: Raid and pillage !
Nikola: Damnit those bandits ! Run !
Bandit: Going somewhere ?
haha man this was best part ! Yet again I am impressed with your cinematic man ! Awesome terrain, Awesome story, nice idea, and alot of good effeor in map !!!
Rating 5/5 Highly recommended and
[APPROVED]

Level 1
This series of cinematics should get the best cinematic ever award.

This is no map, as MasterHaosis said, this is a movie. When I saw your first 3 parts I knew I had to see the rest, I downloaded part IV, read the comment saying it was longer then half an hour and I quickly made sandwiches, got some soda and watched your cinematic(I did the same with part V).

You got a talent my friend, I can't wait to see what part VI and the rest bring. I wish I could give rep for this(but sadly I am new and got no rep).

Level 14
I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if I'll put all my cinematics in one campaign the answer is no, at least, not untill I finish all the parts. If you are asking that the story will continue through a campaign instead of a cinematic the answer is once again no, I have no intention of making this story playable, this is a movie not a game :)

Level 14
Well did you watch the Sect of the Holy Mother III, IV and V? In part III the old god informs Nikola of Karolina's ill intentions after which he is outraged. Then in part IV we get info on Nikola's lost love which in part V is explained to the fullest. So to answer your question, no, Nikola is not in love with Karolina.

Regarding the second question, before I make the seventh part I will make the sixth(obviously) and yes, the House of Dusk will appear in the sixth or seventh part.

Level 24
Well honestly this wasn't anything mindblowing this time... but I like ur camera work there mate. That FPS scene was nicely done. What's with the scene where is that strange music and you just film the nature? I just felt that you made it just to longer the film :p
And once again.. work more on the terrain next time :p

Level 14
The scene that films nature is supposed to represent two things. Firstly it should represent that time is passing so that it does not appear that Nikola wakes up from his concusion at the same time as Richard and Karolina. The second thing, which is actually the primary thing, is that it shows that nature was able to cleanse the corruption of the House of Dawn(with a little help from the old god).

I'm actually suprised you never heard the song that was playing, it's called Morning Mood by Edvard Grieg. It represents birth, life, the begining of something new and pure.

I know that this part didn't have battles, but it was crucial for the story.

Level 14
It's a nice spell, but I'm not looking for that type of spell(or any other spell) at this time. However it might prove useful in part VII or later but I'm not promising anything.

As for your question "how long did you need to invent such a nice story?" the answer is that I didn't even think about it. I make up what's going to happen next when I am working on the map. The only idea I made before I started the map is the names and main role of the primary characters. Sometimes when I finish a part of the series I say to myself "that and that will happen in the next part so that that and that can happen in the part after that" but I never stick to it. Usually I find a much better and more creative alternative while I'm working on the map itself.

The reason why I don't create a fixed story before I start is because I know that in the next year or however long it will take me to complete the whole story I will read dozens of books, watch hundreds of films, play new games, which will all influence my creativity and line of thought and this would allow me to create better stories.

Level 6
I saw that from the first to the end, the cinematics were made better (O_O)
Not better in the story but I mean in the effects, the terrain and triggers. I think you learned a lot!
If it's the opposite of what I said, that mean you were good map maker, but just too lazy to make good effect in the first and second (beginning).
__GJ!__5/5__Very good__Keep working on it__xD__

Level 8
Review
[+] Story was once again great. :thumbs_up:
[+] There was again custom stuff, like Luna (ranger without bow though lol xD) and parts of that "tank".
[+] This time was minor amount of actions (in my opinion), but still it's positive.
[+] Humor - This time jokes were actually very easy to notice (if they were meant to be, lol ;D I dunno was those all jokes... but I don't care :)).
[+/-] Spells/Items - There wasn't actually those this time... neutral!
[+/-] Voice acting - It does not lower the rating but I wonder why you made voice acting to "The lone panther" series but not to these...
[-] Terrain - Terrain was custom, yes, but it didn't look like real... I mean the forest, some places were so full of trees that in real people couldn't pass them, and then some were really bare, expect that they were filled with lots of flowers... and I think that isn't real either. Of course I like forests (lol)... but no overreacting.
[-] Camera - Camera sometimes went so, that people could (I think you made that because of the following reason:) enjoy the landscape, but example, what idea is to watch trees tops?
Overall: 4/5

Level 14
Thanks for the review :)

The reason I put the camera to go over the trees was because I wanted to show what happened to the nature around Raindrop mountain after the destruction of the cult. To show that nature recovered from the corruption caused by the cult quickly, because of the power of the Old God's shrine dwelling deep below raindrop mountain.

Level 12
This was simply beautiful.
Not really as exciting as number 4, but this one had much better terrain. Thought the part with the weird music, trees, and flowers didn't really make much sense.
I'm glad I got to know more about Luna.
It seems like the rise of the Serpent seems really exaggerated, from what actually happened in the first film. The Serpent seemed really weak, if you ask me.
Was really long, again. I was glad I brought some goldfish to munch on.
I give this a 4.7/5 Not really all it could have been, but still great.

Level 14
This was simply beautiful.
Not really as exciting as number 4, but this one had much better terrain. Thought the part with the weird music, trees, and flowers didn't really make much sense.
I'm glad I got to know more about Luna.
It seems like the rise of the Serpent seems really exaggerated, from what actually happened in the first film. The Serpent seemed really weak, if you ask me.
Was really long, again. I was glad I brought some goldfish to munch on.
I give this a 4.7/5 Not really all it could have been, but still great.

Glad you're getting more and more sucked into the Tales of Kaliim :))

The part with the trees and flowers, along with the music, is representing how the grounds around the mountain recovered from the influence of the House of Dawn. The point here is, that places you'll later meet (in SotHM 6, and TLP 2, for example) stay corrupted even though the central base of corruption is destroyed. However, since the shrine of Naaru is below the mountain, this area was able to quickly reverse the effects of the cult.

Cheers :)