• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots

Level 11
Tales from the misty mountains...

Here are some screens from the first DW Map. I added the script to the terrain, to be able to optimize it for the camsystem.

Thy

Level 11
New stone/cliff textures

I decided to rework the stone/clifftextures. I must say, that I like the final result very much. Feedback welcomed.

Btw, this terrain is almost final. I just have to add some effects to increase the intensity of the atmosphere and fix some minor bugs like floating rocks etc.

Edit: Switched to photobucket

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Wow Thyrael, i have been following this project since it came on the projects' list and you keep on impressing me with your work. This terrain is brilliant and this RPG along with Gaias Retaliation are better than most Full game RPGs in my opinion; Gaias has already proven this and Darkwind will too im sure. :)

Level 11
First mob models + new armorset

Hi there, some time has passed. but I wasn't lazy at all. The terraining progress is nice. As well as the debugging of the systems. I decided to give you some eyecandy by showing some of the mobmodels I'm working on as well as the new armor set I finished in about 24h of work time :)

From left to right:
Some kind of wargen like creature roaming the forests.
Skeletons that will appears "naked" or wearing armor and weapons.
The Dark Platearmor set in the equipment screen.
The Dark Platearmor set as it looks ingame.

More to come
Thy

Level 11
I'm now working on the hero creation systems after I finished the save/load part. You'll be able to customize your hero by selecting different haircuts, facial hair, haricolor and faces.

These are some examples:

The content in the above screens is still WIP an may differ from the final result.

Level 11
That's just epic! I love this map more and more each day.

BTW if this is going to be multiplayer, are you sure you won't hit the 8Mbyte map limit?

Yes, it will be multiplayer. Because of the fact, that a map saves maller than it appear in the editor, and that the map optimizer will give me additional 25-30% of mapspace, I will be able to pump up a map to 11324 kb in the import manager. And after saving and optimizing it will be close below 8mb.

Right now I'm at 5960 kb on harddrive.Unoptimized.

Level 37
It's very possible. Thyrael is very experienced as you can see, he's godlike at texturing, modelling, coding and even terraining. All you need to do something similar is custom models and a cool script. That's all.

Yea I know it's possible but is it still wise? It would look stupid if the main character is superb model and then other models are basic Warcraft 3 stuff. I would expect that point all models to be superb quality. And of course, that would take a lot of time to do so.

Level 11
Yea I know it's possible but is it still wise? It would look stupid if the main character is superb model and then other models are basic Warcraft 3 stuff. I would expect that point all models to be superb quality. And of course, that would take a lot of time to do so.

I.e. the NPCs share the model with the hero. That means I can customize them in exact the same way including outfit, look and weapon + animations. And I allready created 2 mob models that match in quality. I think I will satisfy most of the wishes of upcoming players :thumbs_up:

Level 11
Sadly even that didn't fix the clipping. Further it created another bug in addition: now the glow can be seen THROUGH the cliffs :)

EDIT: I was able to fix it by changing the way the glow is billboarded.

Attachments

• ClippingBug.jpg
    ClippingBug.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 152
  • ClippingBugFixed.jpg
    ClippingBugFixed.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Level 16
That's the down side of it, however maybe you ca find a solution to this like making the glows less visible and also adding some glows to the rock even less visible. Of course this is just my opinion. Maybe adding another layer to the material of the rock will overlap the glow somehow think you can manage something by playing with this...

Level 11
Below you can see a test version of the party stats board. The footman icon is a placeholder for the upcoming heroicons (I plan to add an icon for every possible combination in the hero customization screen).

Below the hero name the debuffs will be placed. The debuffs are ordered by priority from left/high to right/low. The board only shows the first 7 debuffs with highest priority. Every type of debuff will have its own color code. On the screen you can see examples for physical debuffs. That should make it easier for dispellers to do their job. The rest of the board is easy to understand I think.

The board will of course list all player heros and updates whenever a state of a hero changes or a player leaves.

Merry Christmas!

380505_220395268038517_115578728520172_483636_197422968_n.jpg

Level 11
Sadly you can't use something like mouseover on multiboards. So you can't check the description of debuffs of other players. But your own debuffs will be displayed in the party board as well as in the standard status window of WC3(that black center area or the UI where you see your selection etc. ) There you can use mouse over to see the tooltips.

Level 11
I try to keep the HUD as small as possible. That means 2 lines per hero. Otherwise it would use more than 1/4 of the screen.

Level 11
Thanks for the tip, but the borders will show the type of the debuff. So dispeller will see what they can dispell. Positiv effects won't be visible, without having the HUD being increased by 33%.

Level 2
still waiting for your map and im glad you created facebook page , i'll follow you there aswell and i hope you upload some videos to your youtube channel :p

Level 11
Thanks for following me. Another exam is over and I returned to work. I'v created some doodads to fill the gasps.

Content shown in this WIP is not final and my change.