1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Screenshots

Discussion in 'The Oakwood Forest' started by Sephalo, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the Oakwood Forest ORPG players will experience many different landscapes.
    Players can select between 3 starting area's that will have their own questlines that lead into different places.

Here you can see the terrain.

The pictures you see range from 1.5 years ago till now. The most recent pictures are at the bottom.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. Dragon9560

Dragon9560

Resources:
    Resources:
    all this need is simplicity
    (+) your trying make advance terrian not just game terrian
    (- )Messiness

3. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yep true,
    That's why I reterrained some parts of the terrain. Per example that undead area. The screenshots that are still here are the places I didn't change.

4. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You just spam bushes EVERYWHERE. :(

5. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't just mindless spam bushes lol. I just like this extra amount of shrubs, it looks better I think. I want the terrain to look like a terrain in the terrainers section would look like. So a playable "terrain" instead of just something that fits "a game" much more.

6. Sheephunter

Sheephunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it, But can you add more Screenshots? I whana see what it looks like. :D
    Btw +rep for the nice Terrain!

7. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah could work on some extra screenshots if I had more terrain. Just came back from vacation so I will start working on it again. I'm currenlty making the Undead/Dark Elf starting area and finishing the human/elf/dwarf starting area.

Thanks for the rep:D

8. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Spamming shrubs doesnt look good in any way possible. But many of you're ideas here are very good :)

9. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. NinjasDontFight

NinjasDontFight

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The terrain is great 5/5, but can you add some normal in-game pictures to where we can judge what we see in the game.

11. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    3 small pictures of me playing 3 different classes. Forgot to equip items in the test and 2 of the 3 heroes didn't have the special bar (the sage (jaina model) did). And to still be able to reveal things later on I decided to hide the minimap and hide the spells.
    Anyways a little gameplay preview.

(the 5th one is a pretty new one. Currently working on that area so if you look around it might look a bit empty:p)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  12. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    And 5 more!

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      171.2 KB
      Views:
    • 314.jpg
      314.jpg
      File size:
      154.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1233.jpg
      1233.jpg
      File size:
      118.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1234.jpg
      1234.jpg
      File size:
      114.1 KB
      Views:
    • 1241.jpg
      1241.jpg
      File size:
      152.4 KB
      Views:
  13. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    3rd person camera has fail. :(

14. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gee you're a nice guy!

Constructive critism if you don't like it. Else just don't say it because it doesn't look that nice.:thumbs_down:

15. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gee...

kk critizim, hm...

1st. Camera ruins the gameplay, quick actions and pvp (in case if theres any..) are completely waste of time, because you have difficulties to react and aim your spells. I havent tested your camera, but all other 3rd cameras fail, so why not this one too.
    2nd. I dunno how to say this, but you are trying to make "too good" terrains. Expecially the library/cave one. Its a cool idea and so on, but its just too messy and you can see "the randomness".
    3nd. Well I dont know much about your project, but I havent seen anything special yet... Its "just another (O)RPG" for me.

16. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well pvp isnt supposed to be easy. And if all players have the same difficulties then it's balanced anyway. And about the "too good" terrains. I tried to make battle area's and believe it or not nothing I did was random I positioned everything myself and angled it how I wanted. Guess I succeeded in making it look like a real area where a battle is going on because war aint about placing barricades in a nice line to look fancy. The 3rd thing well, that's an opinion much people have. All I can say is that you should see it when it's done.;-)

17. Sheephunter

Sheephunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think this is a special project becos if the Talent, Terrain, Hero picking, mabye the spells becos I havent seen it yet :p And i hope it gonna have some epic Systhems.

(Sorry for my bad spelling.... If you whana know why i got Dyxleksy.)

18. HyperActive

HyperActive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I recommend that you remove that Inquisitor icon you've taken from ToB, you've used it without a permit for the redeemer.

19. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah good point. I implemented it to try it out but forgot to ask permission for it. I first wanted to see if I really needed it and because of the fact there aren't many betters I think I do. So writing erwtenpeller a pm now.

20. Solst1ce

Solst1ce

Resources:
    Resources:
    I gotta say that you've done some really nice playable terrain over there, IMO. Hope it's not taking too much memory, though.

The 3rd person camera.. well, I hope you're not going for the easiest way there, as the majority does. It's possible to make a really nice one with i.e. smooth movements. Oh, and a self-adjusting one depending on the environment would be more or less important too, to prevent the loss of proper sight.. or at least make it manually adjustable with the arrow keys, something like that ;)