• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Runes - Automatic use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys,

First of all, I would like to apologize for opening another thread about runes but it seems that I can't find the right thread for my matter.

I would like to have Rune of Invisibility, Rune of Speed, Rune of Restoration and Rune of Sight.

There are different options wanted for those runes:

• Rune of Invisibility - once acquired, you learn the invisibility spell and you can cast it on a friend or yourself. After 8s or on use, the spell disappears
  • Rune of Speed - once acquired, automatically gives you +50 ms for 20s
  • Rune of Restoration - once acquired, automatically gives you +5hp regen per second for 10s. If attacked, the effect disappears
  • Rune of Sight - once acquired, it pings the enemies on the mini-map

I have created the items (runes), spawn them but I can't make it do the effect :(

I would really appreciate detailed info how to do that.

Thank you

Level 13
I'm pretty sure there is a rune for the Rune of Speed anyway, I forget it's name but I'm pretty sure it exists (may be in percentage though...).

For the others,

Invisibility - Add ability, add unit into an index with an 8 second count, if unit uses the ability remove it and take them out of the index, otherwise when the count finishes remove the ability and the unit from the index.

Restoration - This could be a mass healing slave? I think that stops when taking damage, otherwise a damage engine (which I don't know anything about) would be used (I think).

Rune of Sight - Unit picks up rune, pick all enemy units around the rune, ping map (However I think there is a limit on how many pings can be placed at once?)

Level 2
+rep Karzama

I made up my mind to create the rune of invisibility used immediately after acquiring it but still have issues with rune of restoration. I am using rejuvenation as the ability used but it does not break after taking spell damage. Also, I wasn't able to find the mass healing salve :ogre_frown: Still banging my head about how to do the rune of sight but I am gonna try and will come back with more details.

However, I have a question for you guys

I have set the following trigger:

MVlyPw2.png

A random rune is spawned in a random region every 30 seconds. The condition that you see is incorrect. What I mean is that I want to check if there is an ITEM in the region not UNIT because the runes are classified as ITEM. Any suggestions? :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 4
+rep Karzama

I made up my mind to create the rune of invisibility used immediately after acquiring it but still have issues with rune of restoration. I am using rejuvenation as the ability used but it does not break after taking spell damage. Also, I wasn't able to find the mass healing salve :ogre_frown: Still banging my head about how to do the rune of sight but I am gonna try and will come back with more details.

However, I have a question for you guys

I have set the following trigger:

MVlyPw2.png

A random rune is spawned in a random region every 30 seconds. The condition that you see is incorrect. What I mean is that I want to check if there is an ITEM in the region not UNIT because the runes are classified as ITEM. Any suggestions? :ogre_hurrhurr:

A boolean can :thumbs_up:
You can use this trigger:

• Events
  • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Occupied Equal to false
  • Actions
  • Set chance = (Random integer between 1 and 4)
  • Item - Create Rune[chance] at (Center of playable map area)
  • Set Occupied = True
To save trigger space you should initialize those items using:
  • Events
  • Map initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Set Rune[1] = Rune of bla bla
  • Set Rune[2] = Rune of bla bla
  • Set Rune[3] = Rune of bla bla
  • Set Rune[4] = Rune of bla bla
I think this may help :grin:

Level 2
A boolean can :thumbs_up:
You can use this trigger:

• Events
  • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Occupied Equal to false
  • Actions
  • Set chance = (Random integer between 1 and 4)
  • Item - Create Rune[chance] at (Center of playable map area)
  • Set Occupied = True
To save trigger space you should initialize those items using:
  • Events
  • Map initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Set Rune[1] = Rune of bla bla
  • Set Rune[2] = Rune of bla bla
  • Set Rune[3] = Rune of bla bla
  • Set Rune[4] = Rune of bla bla
I think this may help :grin:

Yes, thank you but unfortunately I couldn't figure out what "Occupied" is. What type of variable is it? Or maybe it is a function?

I tried the following thing
  • Events
  • Time - every 30 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • (No item is in Region[RandomInteger]) Equal to True
  • Actions
  • Set RandomInteger = (Random integer number between 6 and 9)
  • Set RuneUnit[0] = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)
  • If ... so on
The thing is that the condition doesn't work. Maybe because "NO ITEM" is from the "preset" menu above Function.

Any ideas about Rune of Sight? I have no idea how to make it.

I have tried

• Events
  • Unit - A unit Uses an item
  • Conditions
  • I NEED CONDITION??? I need it to work only with Rune of Sight
  • Actions
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Triggering player) equal to true) then do (Cinematics - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of Region[RandomInteger] for 1s) else (Do Nothing)
I used Unit - A unit uses an item because the powerup is set to be used immediately after acquiring it.

The things here are the following:
  • I do not know what CONDITION to implement in order to make it work only for Rune of Sight (item)
  • (Cinematics - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of Region[RandomInteger]) for 1s) <<< it is not reliable because if two heroes are in the region they will both benefit from the pinging.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Level 4
Yes, thank you but unfortunately I couldn't figure out what "Occupied" is. What type of variable is it? Or maybe it is a function?

I tried the following thing
  • Events
  • Time - every 30 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • (No item is in Region[RandomInteger]) Equal to True
  • Actions
  • Set RandomInteger = (Random integer number between 6 and 9)
  • Set RuneUnit[0] = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)
  • If ... so on
The thing is that the condition doesn't work. Maybe because "NO ITEM" is from the "preset" menu above Function.

Any ideas about Rune of Sight? I have no idea how to make it.

I have tried

• Events
  • Unit - A unit Uses an item
  • Conditions
  • I NEED CONDITION??? I need it to work only with Rune of Sight
  • Actions
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Triggering player) equal to true) then do (Cinematics - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of Region[RandomInteger] for 1s) else (Do Nothing)
I used Unit - A unit uses an item because the powerup is set to be used immediately after acquiring it.

The things here are the following:
  • I do not know what CONDITION to implement in order to make it work only for Rune of Sight (item)
  • (Cinematics - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of Region[RandomInteger]) for 1s) <<< it is not reliable because if two heroes are in the region they will both benefit from the pinging.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Create a boolean Variable :D that is the Occupied :)

Status
Not open for further replies.