• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 24
This topic has perhaps already been mentioned. But with Arkain's new line and all the new factions, I wanted to ask.

Are there allied factions that hate each other or hold a grudge?

I mean if the Bloodstones hate the elves or vice versa.
Are there elves who look down on humans?
Are there racist humans with other types of "humans"?

With the Dominion I ask the same thing.
Do the races get along or do any of them have grudges with other races?

Level 6
This topic has perhaps already been mentioned. But with Arkain's new line and all the new factions, I wanted to ask.

Are there allied factions that hate each other or hold a grudge?

I mean if the Bloodstones hate the elves or vice versa.
Are there elves who look down on humans?
Are there racist humans with other types of "humans"?

With the Dominion I ask the same thing.
Do the races get along or do any of them have grudges with other races?
1) Besides the tensions between the Imperials, Golden Guard, Ironfist and the Royals, there are more rivalries than meets the eye.
2) There are, besides Zoia and Blen, Gardon and the Royals and Imperials, Renald and everybody else.
3) Bloodstones are also cordial with the Elves, like what Hammerfall has witht the Elves.
4) Elves are xenophobic races, up until the civil war.
5) Redfist, they became racists after Rangul incident. They kill everything that has to do with the Orcs, even Centaurs of Salria that had no deals with the Orcs were collateral, and also what they did to the Gnolls, to King Gran, to the Harpies.... You know why they are racists.
6) As far as I know, there are no grudges or hatred inside the Tribal Dominion. As long as Amari and the council give whatever the races wants and needs, no hatred happens.
Orcs get their new homeland.
Dark Trolls and Bearmen get their new forests.
Ogres and Cyclops are reunited and still held the land they call home.
Dragons are now free on the Dominion territory.
Gnolls are still independent, they still hold the Gnoll Island for themselves.
Future Murlocs will have their new homes.
Centaurs are now free from the trauma they got from the Salrians.
Goblins want only monetary gains.
Other races under Dominion are content on the deals.

Level 21
A burning question for Shar Dundred. So the Dark Elves were created, then Aridon decided to channel Marty McFly and says the world isn't ready for you lovely people yet but their kids are gonna love you. He then locks them in the basement because that's exactly what a well adjusted creator/parent of people would do. Anyways, apparently the current Elves above ground were also Dark Elves that got to stay above ground because reasons, meaning those DARK Elves became, just... Elves. So my question is, how were the original Elves considered DARK Elves if there were no other Elves to compare them to? Wouldn't the Dark Elves just be 'Elves' with those vitamin D loving individuals on the surface becoming Light Elves instead?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
A burning question for Shar Dundred. So the Dark Elves were created, then Aridon decided to channel Marty McFly and says the world isn't ready for you lovely people yet but their kids are gonna love you. He then locks them in the basement because that's exactly what a well adjusted creator/parent of people would do. Anyways, apparently the current Elves above ground were also Dark Elves that got to stay above ground because reasons, meaning those DARK Elves became, just... Elves. So my question is, how were the original Elves considered DARK Elves if there were no other Elves to compare them to? Wouldn't the Dark Elves just be 'Elves' with those vitamin D loving individuals on the surface becoming Light Elves instead?
Well, you have been asking for quite some time now, sooo I guess it is time. AHEM
The Dark Elves were born during a "dark age", following the war of the gods which almost
destroyed the world, hence the name.
When the Dark Elves were imprisoned and the "surface Elves" forgot about their history,
they were part of a new world that would have a bright and "balanced" future ahead of it
in Aridon's mind so the Watcher of Arkain removed the dark part of the name
I know Jay just asked a question and all but holy shit Arkain will be eight years old on the 11th.
Indeed!

Level 4
Hello Shar Dundred, I have a question regarding the Elites. They don't seem to have the icon indicating that they have the Ironfist passive of life regen. Is it just a visual bug or is it actually intentional that they don't have the regeneration most units have?

Level 4
Hello, I am playing the new missions on hard like I always played them all. I have a suggestion that would really improve the experience of the current missions and future missions. The suggestion is rather simple, make your AI allies send a bit more units on harder difficulties(1 or 2, how much you want, 7 units after 1 hour in the mission ain't going to cut it) and there is also a bug that makes them send their units back home randomly. (Seems like they send them back home if we are winning, maybe if they kill something). I have an explanation to why I believe that this is a good suggestion:

So I am playing right now one of the reworked missions The lord of the Shadows. This seems like the Siege of Kome 2.0 in terms of difficulty (still better than the last orc missions that just made me quit several times out of frustration, I still managed to win those but the difficulty spike is so unreal in those missions aswell) since you just spend hours sending units since you only have max 100 supply. One way to make your army be a bit bigger is to attack with your allies but their AI is so damn retarded compared to the enemy. The enemy sends units and rebuilds them to help their allies and sends a lot of units to attack the backline destroying any siege unit. My AI can't even attack move to their base without going back home after killing a few units. This is a long time bug that made the experience of the campaign when you have allies rather lackluster. Instead of having your allies sending armies to help you push, your allies sends 5 units that go back home after they kill something if we are winning. This is rather dissapointing and frustrating in missions that you need a lot of supply of units in order to push, the AI really could've helped if this bug was somehow fixed. I really enjoy the missions to be really hard but it really feels like it is destroying the atmosphere when you see your AI only sending a few units that have the chance to just return home even if they are not attacked. I will attach a photo with my allies retreating his troops.
For this mission, the AI also sends no anti air units or just one, most of the time one air unit will make the AI be useless for the entirety of the mission.

The mission itself gets very frustrating once you destroy the rebel leader. At this point in the mission, the AI really stops working and doesn't help at all.When you have to fight the undead, both AI bring their armies, reaching over 200 or so supply, giving you no chance to push to destroy any buildings. Any units you kill just get revived so it is extremely hard to push even with buildings near the front line to remake units instantly. I thought maybe the optional objective might help, but it did not. The catapults don't have the range to hit their base so I am stuck probably making towers near the front line in order to stand a chance to push. Not a pleasant experience, making Brian's ultimate not use food would be great and giving the player max 120 supply would make the mission possible. If not, reduce the units the ai has or atleast make the second AI not come to the help of the first undead AI. It is not possible, with perfect usage of abilities to heal your units, you just can't defeat an army twice your size that rebuilds every dead unit and sends them back to battle and they have defensive structures. You might think, why don't you wait till both AI attack then attack them so they have less units? I tried that, I will post a screenshot of it, still 200+ units destroying my 100 supply army like it is nothing, perfect micro with heals and usage of hero abilities did absolutely nothing. Only if you use a cheese strategy I think it is possible which is what I am going to try now, if that doesn't work I will just quit. Almost 4 hours into this, I wish that I could say that I was a bad player and this is just a skill issue but it is not, this is close to impossible, I gave up for now, I have no clue what to do, many of the extremely hard missions just asked to be cheesed with air units but you don't have access to them here....

I love hard missions, I always play any custom campaign or any campaign on the hardest difficulty possible so they give me a little challenge. All of them were still rather easy but this is by far the hardest thing that I have ever played in 16 years of playing RTS. I think only using structures to add DPS and slowly pushing with them might be the way or just reducing the difficulty but I don't want to give up after playing all missions till now on hard on all books.
1659791268605.png
1659791268978.png

1659788788717.png

1659785671862.png

Attachments

• 1659788768521.png
    1659788768521.png
    4 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Level 2
Hi, I've decided to post my own tierlist of the characters based on my own preference, so some may not agree with it.
Tier list.JPG

Over all, I like the true story very much, the only two things I disliked to this point is (idk, if it's a spoiler or not) Lerrig's (kinda forced) death (IMO, he was far more useful than for example Gardon in the missions he appeared in Second Human Book) and Sasrogarn's nature (if I remember correctly, he wasn't exactly a coward in a First Orc Book), but over, it's really good! I hope we may see more of the Van Durce in the future (golden guard forever!). I hope you'll finish the true story soon!

Level 7
After replaying both first and second books, I can say that I'm feeling underwhelmed due to true story's vast diverse cast, army and bosses interactions with each other even with their enemy. Especially on second orc books where you have to fight human regiments but all I can see are the same army as Salria, or the Royal army.

Level 16
An idea is in my head. Since Selior is headless and he is dead... could Rahandir or Aridon revive him as a Dulahan (headless horseman)?
omg i'm not alone. this is exactly what I thought: it would be kinda cool to see him going after his lost head. I imagine him to be major antagonist in Salria arc against Dominion.

Level 5
Tribal dominion has a lot of units - and a lot of overlapping between them. When you have so many options, one of them obviously is going to look better than the rest. Why build gnoll priests, when witch doctors are 10 times better? Why would I need bearmen champions, when shieldbearers are more durable and have simialr DPS? Tough question, mr Dundred, Wonder how you'll deal with them.

Level 19
Why build gnoll priests, when witch doctors are 10 times better? Why would I need bearmen champions, when shieldbearers are more durable and have simialr DPS?
About the gnolls, you mostly use them as buffers with inner fire instead of healing, even the bearman healing is better. Since during the First books era we could choice which clan would help us (like in Siege of Kome) maybe you can choose to get help from Koydoss tribe but use deathbreeze units. Or have some pre-place trolls during the gnoll island missions but can´t build them.

Well with a new tier list its time for a new dateability ranking with some changes but only one contestant having climbed up to soul mate status.
Both Cora and Salana are loveable 100% sure, either before Gardon influence or after.

Level 27
How is Meya not loveable?
Ikr. Imagine Meya giving heads with her lovely jaw. 🙃

Jokes aside, I like the "twisted beauty" concept of her character, and I hope to know more about her past life before she became Undead.

Tribal dominion has a lot of units - and a lot of overlapping between them. When you have so many options, one of them obviously is going to look better than the rest. Why build gnoll priests, when witch doctors are 10 times better? Why would I need bearmen champions, when shieldbearers are more durable and have simialr DPS? Tough question, mr Dundred, Wonder how you'll deal with them.
Maybe it can be used for a niche audience who do challenge runs, for example: Bearmen only, spellcasters only, etc...

But if left as it is, an average player (yes, I mean myself) will feel overwhelmed by those many choices, and will opt for the same, optimal team composition instead. Maybe an LoTV approach, where units are splitted into different classes, and you can pick one from each?

Damn, it has already been 8 years since Arkain was made?
Time sure flies.
Think I've only been here for about 9 or 10 months, and I'm part of the "Came here from Jayborino" club. I'm just a newcomer compared to many others here, but I already feel quite at home. I mean, I have a good custom campaign to play and an active community for me to discuss gameplay, strategy, story, and characters with. On top of that, you guys also tolerate my shitty attempts at humor, so everything is good.

Level 16

Jokes aside, I like the "twisted beauty" concept of her character, and I hope to know more about her past life before she became Undead.

Maybe it can be used for a niche audience who do challenge runs, for example: Bearmen only, spellcasters only, etc...

But if left as it is, an average player (yes, I mean myself) will feel overwhelmed by those many choices, and will opt for the same, optimal team composition instead. Maybe an LoTV approach, where units are splitted into different classes, and you can pick one from each?

Think I've only been here for about 9 or 10 months, and I'm part of the "Came here from Jayborino" club. I'm just a newcomer compared to many others here, but I already feel quite at home. I mean, I have a good custom campaign to play and an active community for me to discuss gameplay, strategy, story, and characters with. On top of that, you guys also tolerate my shitty attempts at humor, so everything is good.
I joined Arkain 3 years ago, and time sure flies. 🧐 So far, so good. I felt Mordin would be good for Meya if they were both living; not sure why she became so narcissistic about her beauty but it had to do with her house's past and some tragedy she forgot. Let's not forget she was from Toran: the very capital of old Zyainor. She probably knew Order of the Frost and some dark past relating to her kingdom. It was surprising to know she wasn't married despite many suitors mentioned in her bio. I even thought her house urged her to have an heir and therefore she eloped with one of many; like Quiraness choosing the best from her harem.

Level 5

I believe thats how Shar intended Dominion to work initially. Their race mechanic was "Brothers in arms" or something like that. And you would pick which factions you want for any particular mission. However he scrapped the idea. Cant recall why though ... Probably was buggy and he couldnt implement it in a way which could fit his vision. In any case, I have great faith that Shar shall fix the dominion. I mean c'mon, he always does.

Level 12
View attachment 404400
My tier list. Hope it don't offense anyone.
I realy like your S tier choices, specially the 2nd one:ogre_hurrhurr:

About the newest short story:
-The story about arcanus seems pretty interesting, perhaps is the strange character Zairmak and Grofzag hear about.
-So the order of earth and frost were destroyed, tides and lightning serves zyainor, Air and Fire are enemies of Zyainor and the Arcane one is unknown, i think this has something to do with conquering Salria and not other places. Perhaps now is the order of the shadows.
-So harmos will join the imperials again, either that or Van Durce´s daughter. All of them want to defeat Zyainor althought their main objectives are different.

Now lets add our list:
View attachment 404589

I´ll explain tier S, however all the characters in tier C need more screen time, the B tier same but are a little more explained to me, and all the A tier are awesome, that´s it.

-Amari. The main character of the SOB and the creator of the Tribal Dominion, one of the best factions i´ve ever seen in all the fantasy games i´ve played. Also has an interesting background and cool moveset.

-Grofzag. Sigma male of the orcs, being strong and smart despite being young to the orcs standars. Before the dominion even started, he spared the dwarves for knowledge and even get the Bearman as allies.

-Ornasion. Really needs more screen time but his development is incredible and I really want to play as him soon enough.

-Redfist. Favourite Hero, favourite faction, no need for explanation. They try to burn the orcs to the ground and that was a great idea before Amari´s arrival.

-Vanessa. A human fighting in the orc faction, being a leader (despite the racism towards her) and have a cool moveset.

-Destroyer. The change during the true story has been astonishing. A really strong and Smart warrior, leader of his clan who wants to crush every enemy with brute force but also want to be remembered during the new era.

-Hortnog. Every moment from Hortnog is gold. The raid leader of the Goldaxe clan shines by himself in every scene. He needs more screen time no doubt.

-Thanok. I kinda like Thanok more than Gardon or Bryan, he is a ruthless sargeant of the ironfist AND a black dragon, a really strong one nonetheless. I hope we get to see more about his past.

-Borean. I mean... rolling bearman hero, really strong moveset (no thorns aura before) and i like his faction despite being a little one.

-Gardon. The true hero of Arkain, the emperor of Zyainor, the man that personifies the phrase "The end justifies the means", the leader of the ironfist and the saviour of humanity. And a great father.

I hate everyone on SAS tier and i dont like the F tier at all.
Oh my, I love your S tier choices, specially the 3rd one:jd:

Now while i'd love to do a meme category like the one i did way back with calling the S tier characters giga chads and all I thought i'd try something different this time.

F+I- Stands for flavour and interesting characters. One that stands out here its Blen while if i had to rank the old Blen i'd put him on the B+ impactful (boring but with impact on the story) the new version of blen does become more interesting with the changes done to Selior and the introduction of Dorbric.

I+ no flavour: Well these are characters that i find interesting personally but i feel like they haven't reached their full potential yet they need more "screen time" in a manner of speaking i guess. The one that stands out here its Lokar, i dunno why but i always found him rather interesting i wish he'd get more screentime

B+ impactful: Well here are the rather boring characters that have a degree of impact on the story

Cannon fodder: Maybe this isn't the best term to referee to them but i feel like this bunch are the characters that only exist to push forward to plot there isn't to many interesting things about them ofc characters like Mordin and Kazar might as well be put on the need more time category since they do have interesting backstories that might make them more than just "cannon fodder" but i feel like this category represents them well.

Need more time: The name speaks for itself

Demonic Aedale and Lisara seriously need a revamp of their characters now that the story is set in stone and we dont have multiple branching paths.

The other two categories are pretty much self explanatory.

Edit: Kenos needs to be at needs more screen time category.
View attachment 404630
I do think lisara needs more introduction too, that's why we need a Demon book to uncover the demon legions and character motives:vw_unimpressed:

-Ornasion. Really needs more screen time but his development is incredible and I really want to play as him soon enough.
Same:vw_love:

You know what?:ogre_hurrhurr:
#MoreOrnasion

Last edited:
Level 17
Speaking of Ornasion, we'll meet with him again soon, right? After all he was sent by Aridon to the Elven kingdom to support someone, maybe Queen Keera cuz she and Krom appears in the "Burning forest" mission of the SHB if I'm not mistaken.
So we can expect control both and see the rise of the undead elven nexus Mr. Dundred showed months ago.

Level 10
Possible yet unseen leadership Boni

Focusing mainly on the orcs and undead who (as far as i recall didnt have boni in their books)

Meya Romantic Leader of the Necromantic cults
Lore as the main director and founder of the human necromantic cults currently in operation scattered across arkain and in employ of the ironfist and others she can call forth these cults in times of need to support her and her rohir forces.

Reduces the cost and build time of Necromancers or necromancers only cost 1 pop but cant go above inatie training to emphasis them being amateurs

Meya the Terrifying beauty

Perhaps the vainest Undead currently Unlive Meya’s perfectionism is instilled in every part of her focus from appearance to fighting tactics nothing but a perfect imitation of their once living counterparts

Gives dead men the defend ability, gives the seekers the charge ability, maybe more?

Amari the Shadows that lurk

Amari keeps many things close to her chest even from Orki among these is the knowledge to summon shadows taught to her by her eclectic mentor, that she uses to gather information and collect knowledge

Allows amari to summon some invisible shades to spy on enemies (skinned like the ones brian uses)

Amari A brighter future
It is by Amari’s vision that these disparate forces and races have come together for one common cause and that is survival and the hope of a better and brighter future. But to do that her champions and chosen leaders have to survive to make it there

Increase the Health and mana regeneration of heroes by X amount maybe either 50/25% or a flat 4hp 2mana

Pecan the magnificent magnanimous mechanical genius!

Goblins are know be capable inventors and merchants of various goods and services but Pechan has taken it a step further by militarizing the inventions of the goblins even further with endless tweaks and optimizations

Increased health of mechanical units and goblin tower, and maybe increased speed (not for towers of course unless?)

Vanessa the diplomatic brawler

Vanessa is oft uncredited with being an extremely impressive warrior being on the front lines defending her frailer father and cowardly brother while the male orcs of the clans scorn her prowess she is an inspiration to the female orcs especially after amari’s deal allowing them to fight and Vanessa has been more than happy to teach them her fighting style

Allows you train brawlers Nimble and strong melee units with bash and a weak fan of knives ability (say 2 pop like 350-425 hp and a 15-20%chance to bash for a 1-2 second stun (Stuns are very strong).

Orki the Ferocious Huntress

Orki is amari second in the cliffhunter tribe however as Amari is often busy with her plans and schemes a great deal of the training and management of the clan falls to orki it is her that teaches the new recruits and it is under her supervision that their raids operate with absolute finesse and precision after all Orki is Amari’s second for very good reason.

Huntress gain improved movement and attack speed as well they get improved pillage

Krom the Immortal Hunter

Krom does not work with others Krom has no need for supportive forces he strikes and kills his enemies with his bow and his precision he is the death in the dark serving his master Aridon with effortless lethality, his ability to cloak himselves in shadows is a power he calls upon in his most dire and secretive missions.

Gives krom level 3 windwalk and +15 damage for this mission only

Saphira Undead Elven ranger

Saphira is loyal to Rhandir and by extension to Ardion however many aspects of her old life call to her and as elven bodies pile up from them joning the war it is perhaps unsuprising she put them to use as an elite guard to support her in her operations and battle.

Unlocks Undead Rangers elite heavy ranged units, (4-5 pop ranged untis can have black arrow/cold arrows maybe trueshot aura if wanted to be like the other aura units)

Keera Queen of Old

Keera was not a good ruler in life her two biggest failures were not militarizing the elves and not caring for her daughter of these she can only fix the militarization which has left her to obsess over it with extreme fever with whatever undead elves and dark elves she is given,

Increases the armor and damage of her units by 1 upgrade (So her stuff can get to 4/4)

Rhandir Drakeskull the Callous Litch
While the secrets of his phalactracy and of the near immortality of liches is a secret normally keapt from necromancers in their service if then need is great enough he can grant this knowledge to his necromancers however only a deeply flawed version of it would he ever share.

Necromancers when they die will be reborn as minor litches with similar stats but dont come back a third time

PS this is just theory crafting and for fun im sure Shar has his own more balanced ideas

Level 27
It's just theory-crafting, so let's ignore balancing for a moment to go wild with whatever ideas you're having.

And yes, I'll join in the fun. I like this kind of stuff. Should be a pain in the ass to code though.

- Pentiss: The Negotiator (she already has one boni, but drugs tho)
  • Pros: Allows construction of Lotus Engine from Necropolises, which continously emits Black Lotus fumes to increase nearby friendly units' attack speed. Can shoots projectile that slows enemy units, while dealing magic damage over time. (Add a 0 damage attack to imitate SC2's scan move, while having its actual 'attack' be a low-cooldown Parasite-based ability.)
  • Cons: Adept Trainings are no longer available.

- Krom: Unholy Crusade:
  • Pros: The Unyielding can be summoned/revived from Altars of Darkness. Units built from Crypts have lowered food cost, and will spawn a Skeleton Warrior upon dying (Can be upgraded with Skeleton Mastery)
  • Cons: Spirits Tower, Nerubian Towers, and Slaugherhouses are no longer available.

- Borean: Unbearable Power:
  • Pros: Bearmen units gain increased movement speed and attack speed, based on the number of Bearmen currently under your control.
  • Cons: Mechanical units (except Clockwerkers) lose movement speed and attack speed, Steel Melee Weapons and Steel Shield are capped at level 1.

- Maronogin/Jadira: Greed Is Good:

• Pros: Pillage is upgraded to Extortion. Units with Extortion gain resources when attacking enemies, regardless of buildings or units. Each Goldseeker can now use Transmute once.
  • Cons: Goldseeker has low HP and armor. Mercenary Contracts are unavailable. All combat units suffer a stat debuff during Low Upkeep or No Upkeep.

Level 27
Back again, and just need to confirm a few things real quick.

WC3ScrnShot_081922_042132_01.png

- For those who didn't forget to read quest logs, is this unnamed Deathbreeze warrior the first one to drop the F-bomb in Arkain?

- Sergeants, whose old name was Greywolves, was it a reference to the stage names of Powerwolf's guitarists?

Level 20
Hi everyone! I've made a video about Between a Rock and a Hard Place. I've played the mission on hard, and wanted to destroy every human base (including Daric's base), but after destroying the Bull regiments base, the demons won the mission for me. I've still destroyed the base of every regiment (Falcon, Dragon, Pheonix and Bull), and got rid of the Royal Army, but I couldn't destroy Daric with his unlimited Elite spam. I wanted to do it, but the demons killed the last structure of the Dragon regiment, and that made the mission end. My question is: Should I upload the video? It's still Between a Rock and a Hard Place on hard, and I've destroyed the regiments, so I think it might still be worthy to upload. What do you think?

Level 27
Go for it, since I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who's still struggling with this level, and they can use a good strat.

As for Daric's base, it used to be much weaker, but now everything is tanky af because someone cleared it before (think it's Fan_of_Aeroblyctos). I tried using all 6 Gold Mines on the map to fund my production, with hopes that it'll create a big enough hole in his defense so I can slip through to deal with his Castle.

There were a few problems here:
  • I ran out of gold. Which is a given.
  • Golems are too thicc and take too much space, which means a maxed out army of Golems will deal less damage than that of Elites in an all-in situation. And Ravagers are too weak to be a frontline unit.
  • Lack of AoE damage. Demolishers are clunky, and has no Burning Oil. Zairmak can only lock down a few key targets at a time. And Grofzag can only support with Howl of Terror and Cleaving Attack.

Now for theory crafting as to how to destroy the base.
  • Grabbing an Inferno Stone from Death's Approach with Zairmak.
  • In Rise of the Clan, play as Rangul to grab a Staff of Teleportation, to give to Zairmak, then Grofzag.
  • In Siege of Kome, buy a bunch of Claws +9 for Grofzag, and maybe grab Gloves of Haste from A Fresh Breeze too.
  • Back to the level, we play normally, and after seizing all Gold Mines, we clear the trees below Falcon Regiment or above Dragon Regiment.
  • Then, use Reveal on Daric's base to drop the Infernal inside, while an army is attack from the front to distract.
  • Teleport Zairmak and Grofzag from behind to bust down their Castle and kill their Peasants.
  • Then, do suicide attacks on the Barracks before running out of gold.

Really though, at times like this, I kinda miss Rath and Inara with their broken ass damage.

Level 27
Was going to check out A Fresh Breeze for bugs and item drops, but ended up playing through the whole level because it was fun af.

Anyway, here's my favorite Undead team composition, with Kodo Beasts, Dragoons, and Cheveran.

WC3ScrnShot_082322_113551_18.png

Level 20
Alright, here it is, Between a Rock and a Hard Place on hard:

Daric will get what he deserves next time, don't worry! ;)

Sorry guys, Daric video is not happening. Even with the Inferno + Teleport strategy, there are 18 elites placed near the castle to prevent this type of cheese. Even if you kill them, they replace them, ALL OF THEM. You can't do enough damage with the 2 heroes you have to destroy the castle before they kill them, so I don't think this can be done like that. You can't make an army strong enough to contend with 60+ elites, so fighting them head on is out of the question too, also, unleashing the demons on them doesn't work either, they are not even strong enough to tickle them. You run out of money, before you could do any serious damage. Tower spam doesn't work, since 60+ elites with hardened skin and defend and high base armor aren't going to be afraid of 30 towers. I'm afraid right now it is not possible to destroy Daric's base, not with the tools you are given.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

As the True Story continues in development, one thing I remember is that in 2018 April Shar posted an image titled "Undead Orcs", showing units in purple team color and using models associated with the orcish Death Knights, though they never appeared in any of the second books (they might have been possible units the player would get to control in the Second Undead Book if it hadn't been shortened). I wonder if this is a scrapped idea or will it be implemented in the True Story.

Level 17
As the True Story continues in development, one thing I remember is that in 2018 April Shar posted an image titled "Undead Orcs", showing units in purple team color and using models associated with the orcish Death Knights, though they never appeared in any of the second books (they might have been possible units the player would get to control in the Second Undead Book if it hadn't been shortened). I wonder if this is a scrapped idea or will it be implemented in the True Story.
If these units see the light, I could see them as an experiment of the Ejara nexus (Since this nexus have the remaining orcs of the Icewind clan and use them for both breeding and experiments). In the other hand, they could be also part of the Splecir nexus for both appearance and the color they wear.

Level 17
Not the question I was asking but okay. XD

Edit: Updated newspost to make it more clear. :)
You can still speculate on other things ofc!
I readed a few of the tales of arkain, started for the "Espionage" to learn a little about the status of the continent.
So, after a reading a little more of some stories, my thoughts are the followed:
-Just as the SHB showed us, Zyainor is back, and there are few forces than can oppuse the nation so they need to be in silent or things will gonna burn in dragon flames. Probably some citizens of both Toran and Pyrru would revolt against Zyainor... but we know how things ended. Maybe the same happen when Bloodclaw's forces tries to append Lor and Isalmur for them. People tries to stop them... just to be turned into ashes or slaves.
-There is not survivor of the imperial regiments. I just think that Dorbric, Kenos and Zoia will be wiped out along with their forces by the orcs and their allies. General Aveen will escaped from the massacre and reunite with Gardon to fight Van Durce. However... after saw what her thero is planning for the continent, I could realize three fates for her: Be subjugated and serve Gardon (Most likely Thanok or Birram's doing), she gets kill by the demons or the Ironfist after she learns the truth, or she manages to escape and none see her again.
-I'm pretty sure that Zyainor and the Dominion form the not agression pact. The "Seabright" tale said that "The Tribal Dominion had mostly left Zyainor alone, yet Gardon's spies informed him that they were preparing for war and despite what Brian had told him, Gardon found it hard to trust them. Their leader Amari may be smarter than the usual Orc, Gardon was actually quite impressed by her intelligence, he had not expected to ever meet an Orc as reasonable, smart and witty as her..." but the same story shows that both forces send spies to watch to one other. So, most likely Brian has something do in these.
-I really want that Logan and the remaining mercenary forces side with the Dominion. I mean, Logan is one of the very few humans that don't consider the orcs as his enemies, and he assists the orcs in the final mission of the SOB. I think Amari will give to him the chance to stay with the dominion and still working as a mercenary that could be the start and fundation of the Blackthorn.