• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The different tier lists are really interesting to me since it shows how different opinions are
in some cases and how similar they are in some. I really enjoy & appreciate the high participation.
Y'all rock! Keep it up!
I wanted to do something like this with the alignment chart btw but I couldn't find a way to do it.
I did also want to make a tier list though, so it works out just fine! :p

PS: Meya just told me that she would give whoever put her into S tier a kiss. Just uhm forwarding it.
The choice is yours, I am not going to make any recommendations.

Level 20
@Shar Dundred What do you say if we spice things up and demand everyone reasoning for each character and their placment?

Oh and notify the other boys the one on the other mega thread a party its happening here since they are missing
Lisboah and the crew are missing

Level 3
Been a while since I checked on the project great stuff cheers.

Can't wait to go back and play as Blen I like him I know people find him boring but I always saw him as a reflection of the player breaks my heart that he's gonna die but at least Harmos lives.

Level 5
tierlist.png

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I present To you the romancibility teirlist of ArkainView attachment 389295
Edit Move evil Adeale to Will Kill you tier also Asexual isnt bad just not interested in romance
I guess this leads to the poll "Who would you want to be romanceable in an Arkain RPG?"
before I could even consider having the idea for the possibility of creating such a poll.

Level 3
Just finished act 3 I got to say shar you really brought the book1 mission to the same level of book2 granted I still think that second human book was the peak of arkain.
You made a lot of old charachters more interesting and created very compelling new ones I also liked how cutsecenes show many events happening at the same time tho I got to say Aedel looks way more naive and stupid in this interaction also I hoped to see more of Aaeron and Blen .
Great stuff all of it also amazing models and factions.

Level 3
Since there's no QnA going on at the moment I wanted to ask you Shar:

.any plan on making the dwarfs as importent as the elves story wise am not talking about additional missions just more strategical and story importance more mentions.

Also any plan on introducing more demon units to fight.

.also any plan on a huge free for all mission betwen the races like the last orc book1 mission.

Level 20
Why would you put Pentiss on S rank if I may?
Also, how dare you put Redfist next to his mortal enemy. You really are diabolical.

Watching some of the charts, it seems most people like Hortnog, Grofzag and Brian among others. And not a single one likes Renova.
I gave Pentiss and S because (in my opinion) she is one of the most interesting characters in the Second Undead Book. While everyone else blindly follows Aridon, she follows him and serves him, but only when it's convenient for her. Think about it. What did the arrival of the undead give Pentiss? Power. Absolute, unquestionable power. Why wouldn't she help them, when they make her the new leader of the dark elves? She served the "Divine One" because it benefitted her. She tricked the undead with the black lotus "peacemaker", but talked her way out of it. Out of all people, I think she is the most likely to betray Aridon, and I really like that about her. She plays the undead like a fiddle. Redfist is an interesting case. He deserves the F tier, because, (like almost everyone in the F tier) he is a one note character. He hates the orcs, because they killed his family. Now he is angry. That's it. He is a completely unlikable monster, who is (in my opinion) not a tyrant, but a raging 3 year old. He gets her long lost daughter back, who has been "brainwashed" by the orcs, and he doesn't even attempt to reconnect with her. If she joins his side, he just kills him for no reason. So yeah, F tier saturday morning cartoon villain, who has an understandable backstory, but nothing else. Rangul is a different case. He wants to raid the human lands, and that is understandable. He is a simple minded greenskin, who wants to pillage in the name of his twisted idea of "helping orc kind". That is not why he landed on the F tier. Amari wants to help her kind as well. The difference between them is their methods. Metaphorically, if Amari and Rangul are freezing on a cold night, Amari will make a campfire to keep herself warm, Rangul will burn a village, and in the process, accidentally kill himself for good measure. What did Rangul achieve in the end? He left the orc islands unguarded, and thus, robbed his people and himself of a place they can call home. He helped the demons break through the front lines, weakened the humans and their allies, made Rath, an unhinged psychopath, the leader of the Darkmind Clan, and favored Sasrogarn the idiot, instead of Amari. He also lost control of the entire situation once the demons broke through the human front. The entirety of his race got endangered, because he wasn't as smart, as he thought himself to be. Don't get me wrong, he is a very well written character, I just don't like him.

Level 19
Out of all people, I think she is the most likely to betray Aridon,
Well actually, despite Rahandir she is the only one who could. She has free will.

What did the arrival of the undead give Pentiss? Power. Absolute, unquestionable power. Why wouldn't she help them, when they make her the new leader of the dark elves? She served the "Divine One" because it benefitted her.
The undead were looking for the dark elves, pentiss just sent them to meet Quiraness and she didn´t believed that they were the emissaries of the Divine One. If Quiraness had trusted Pentiss, she wouldn´t be the leader of the dark elves.
She used them quite well to light the flame of war between the families.

Level 20
Since there's no QnA going on at the moment I wanted to ask you Shar:

.any plan on making the dwarfs as importent as the elves story wise am not talking about additional missions just more strategical and story importance more mentions.

Also any plan on introducing more demon units to fight.

.also any plan on a huge free for all mission betwen the races like the last orc book1 mission.
I am assuming you haven't played the second books, both human and orc ones. Because pretty much those books answer your questions.

In case you haven't played them I am putting the answers to those questions with spoiler tags, then you can read at your own risk.

1. Dwarfs will play an important role during the second human book civil war where they are strongly allied with the Golden guard and fight against gardon, they also get their own mission menace below which gives a little more back story to their people, after the end of the second books (human and orc) their realm shrink's considerably, they break ties with both the remaining non subdued human kingdoms and are constantly under pressure by both the dominion and Gardon.

2.There are a plethora of new demon units introduced during the second book, such as infernals and the black and white knights of the demon slaves

3.Well the mission where we assault the arcane cannon is kinda of a free for all featuring almost all the races.

Level 24
@Kasrkin is currently testing Chapter One of Act Four while I have started to work on Chapter Two.
I am also pondering on whether or not I should make another Arkain Question Time when Act Four,
and by extend the "End of the First Book era", has been completed and uploaded.
Do you need more testers?

Level 2
My tier list, Humans only for now:

2021-11-05 (1).png

Really like Blen-Zoia relationship, ever since her debut

Zoia never misses a chance to roast Blen everytime they are together, yet she's the only one calling him 'Blenny', which I find intriguing. Are they really that close to be on a nickname basis?

Seeing that Blen in True Story has a little more 'character' than just a stony, lawful-good white knight from the previous Books. I do hope to see more changes in his personality, thus steering him into (perhaps) a different fate. A fleeting hope, but still.

Level 20
Kind of a bummer non of you all noticed Lera is missing, she literally is one the strongest heros ingame in terms of the kit!

Level 20
I mean considering HOW many times the fate of Larine has been tossed about by Baldgoth in the epilogs and what not...Its not a surprise most of you all forgot about her, Not to mention she is present in all but 3 maps xD

Level 20
Mikasa has been simping Lera since Day 1. :p
Truth be told...I didn't know how to save her for like the first two years of Arkain...SOOOOO, I just thought it funny no one noticed her absence thats all.

But to be honest KIT wise she is one of the strongest Heros of the game, up there with old Gardon, the one who could face tank everything you threw at him with the old Dark secrets ability...Those were the days!

Level 5
I lately have replayed the whole campaign but this time from a True Story perspective and I must say it's quite improved in all regards... I will admit I miss the custom map loading screens of some, I miss choices too. While True story now seems to be like a ... book, you follow it, the past version was like an adventure you take part in. I don't mind either and I know why it was made in such a way ^^

We are already in chapter 4 and it feels that we are still in part 1 so much is going to happen soon that I look for any new updates each day.

@Shar Dundred
I have a question, did you took a bit inspiration from Arthas for Aedele ? as some their motives and love interests match quite unusually I mean it's not like I mind just quite curious... or it's just some unusual fate that made it like that. Quite sad about Aedele and Lisara slowly eating her away. It's great case of someone with great potential which was groomed with it in mind gone to war too quickly, because of her being prop youngest daughter of great redfist it's only natural that she wanted to prove herself.

I also quite liked how Lisara manipulated both her and the Cheveran, with just showing how he really was she was able to take control by breaking his mind AND manipulating Aedele into giving her control is not a bad thing as the thought especially since someone who was with her for so long was so vile.

Regarding what's happening I feel like ... let's say I feel bad for dwarves, the only ppl who didn't want to use them are elves and I hope their friendship and alliance will last long, although they seem to be the only sane people, like all dwarves even undead ones are ... normal, not evil how dod they do that? it's truly amazing to me. I also liked how the elves were going to be a bit better than pushovers before, Selana before was fit for a queen but now I am firmly assured that the elven lover that Gordon had, Larine. Was not even close to being good queen. She just wanted to be a queen not to be the one being responsible for... literally their whole race.

Orcs are a weird case, I get that they want to forge their freedom and new destiny but ... I feel that certain caged prophet will be the doom of them all and it's not as benevolent god as he thinks it is, but who knows maybe it is, but then again I feel it's the master of faceless. In the end, i feel that the islands will sooner or later be too small, but no matter what will happen in the war their race will be in danger they need to ... ekchem chill a bit.

Demons... I am not sure what to think of them, all I know is that all of them are terrible bastards that for them being 'evil and cruel' is normal. But it truly bothers me... demons in the grand scheme of things feel nearly invincible, why do they attack so slowly? It almost feels that those wars and battles are just a sport for them or fun.

Last edited:
Level 27
Maybe it's because of me being a bad player, but is there any way to prevent both Logan and Pechan from dying in the last chapter of Second Orc Book?

Level 27
Building a forward base sounds good, but as soon as Red Dragons become available, my brain refuses to do risky strat and automatically default to playing defense, while using 9-10 Dragons to snipe all objectives.

Maybe Dragons should be nerfed a bit for Harpies/War Zeppelins to be more viable? I personally only used them in probably a level or two.

Back to the topic of the last chapter, it would be cool if you use the Purificator to destroy the last Gates (basically end the mission before the cannon blows up), instead of killing Pechan off-screen, he'll have unique dialogue in the Epilogue like: "The cannon explodes shortly afterwards, but we're lucky that everyone evacuated in time, etc..."

Level 9
Here's my tier list about how good each character would be as a roommate.

Screenshot (147).png

S tier would be "please live with me"
A tier would be "small problems, but they can change or I can look past the problems"
B tier would be "fine, but I wouldn't interact too much with them"
C tier would be "pretty bad all around/roommate horror story"
D tier would be "get ready to have an absolutely awful time/final fantasy house"
And F tier would be "most likely will just destroy the house" (which I suspect would only be the Fleshtearer)
Also, the characters aren't ordered randomly, I've placed them from best to worst, with the ones on the top being better than the ones at the bottom, and then the ones on the left being better than the ones on the right.

Level 5
Well if i knew how to do such tier list then I would for sure try and did one.

Then again Salana truly is a good choice for the top tier, kind of an elf that will never betray you. Same with Blen, god damn I am still sad about the unusual ending he got rotting in prison I liked him the most but then again maybe since he was the first hero I really had seen. Justice for Amari she did nothing wrong. And really Aedale just needs a lot of attention so she feels like she's important since all she got was ppl saying she is important but... everyone felt a bit distant, besides Blen of course, maybe that's why she felt in love with him.

Level 9
Then again Salana truly is a good choice for the top tier, kind of an elf that will never betray you.

Yeah, I did find her pretty trustworthy for sure. And don't forget that she is also a diplomat, meaning that she is a literal professional at making people get along (which is admittedly extremely difficult in the world of Arkain, so props to her for trying it), so she would also be extremely helpful for your social life.

Same with Blen, god damn I am still sad about the unusual ending he got rotting in prison I liked him the most but then again maybe since he was the first hero I really had seen.

The biggest charm of Blen as a roommate/friend is also the main thing that made him a boring character for a lot of people, the way he always just goes along with things and ideas as long as they aren't very dumb or evil. It is true that he isn't really fun person himself, but the fact that he wouldn't say a word about you wanting a pizza with pineapples is great. He is a man of honesty and he definitely deserved better than what he got in the second human book (though I understand why Shar did what he did with him, but the second orc book continues his story in a much more satisfying way)

Justice for Amari she did nothing wrong.

Yeah, pretty much. And it's pretty cool that she didn't become edgy or mentally scarred after getting kicked out of the clan and basically getting disinherited by her father just because she participated in one raid. Not to mention her coming back and singlehandedly saving orckind in the second book. The only real problem with her is that she is somewhat of a Mary Sue character, though you could technically view her exile as something that stops her from falling into that trope, but I still feel like she's close to it. As a roommate though, she's damn perfect, and she's one of the few leaders of Arkain that people joined out of their will because they liked and trusted her, whereas Van Durce, Rangul and Aridon just straight up forced people.

And really Aedale just needs a lot of attention so she feels like she's important since all she got was ppl saying she is important but... everyone felt a bit distant, besides Blen of course, maybe that's why she felt in love with him.

Aedale was pretty much a victim for sure, a child that got basically no positive feedback from anyone (other than her teachers, as the secret Lisara mission implied), leading to her having extreme doubts about herself. You can't help but feel sorry for her as you play trough the campaigns, but having to live with her is a whole different story. She's basically the type of person that's gonna get mad about how you hate her even though you don't at all. You explain it to her pretty well while also giving a great philosophical and motivational speech that seem to have made her feel better. Only for her to come back 2 hours later and freak out again like you didn't just have a great emotional moment to make her feel better.

Overall I still think that uncorrupted Aedale is better than the corrupted one, as I'd rather live with an emotional trainwreck than a privileged asshole that believes literally everything said by a manipulative succubus (who will probably tell her that she deserves better every time she'd have to do the dishes or clean up or pay the rent, forcing me to do them all if I don't want to get devoured by her demon servants xd)

I feel like you might just have started a wave of people starting to wonder what living like with
these loveable characters would be like - it certainly made me start to ponder!

I'm delighted to hear that! I've noticed that most of the tier lists here focused on the writing or the likeability of the characters, so I wanted to spice things up!
Some other ideas I've had are a tier list for wingmen and parents (where you'd rank everyone based on how good they would be, not just the actual parents like Rangul or Redfist). But I'll save those for later 😁

Everyone, start pondering on this as well!

I second this btw. It's kinda fun, especially when you realize that some of the characters are very similar to actual people you know, which definitely influences how you'd view them on this list. But even just thinking about how funny, nice, awful or downright terrifying living with some of these characters would be is fun :psmile:

Level 5
I highly agree with Blen, I have no idea why people may dislike him or why Shar decided his fate like that ;/

He is a very good type of silent protagonist more or less at least I imagine him to be, doing what's right. Can imagine coming up to you and offering you a dinner out of nowhere without a word XD

Well, similarities attract, no wonder that Salana keeps around and got friends with Zarin. In any case, I can't wait for Shar answers to all those questions he got!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
It still fascinates me how Blen's death turned him into a martyr.
I don't have any issues with the character but I have never heard nearly as many being
as interested in him before his death.
In any case, I can't wait for Shar answers to all those questions he got!
200+ and still going!
Got a bit quiet regarding new questions lately but I expect new chapter releases to change that.
Furthermore I have the feeling that some may keep their questions to themselves until Act Four is done.
Both is completely fine by me of course. :)

I think you put Meya 7 tiers too low. d: