• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
[*]In the 1st orc book, Sassy was able to agree that (some) humans and orcs could live together, and if he could do that, why doesn't he like the new races that's being introduced, despite those guys having more in common with the orcs?
That was a choice in the Orc Book, not affecting the Human Book.
In the Human Book, Sassy disagreed with Vanessa.

The rest is no real spoiler, so no spoilers from me here. :)
[*]In the mission where we kill Lady Riana, how many of the enemy leaders are going to join Gordon if we wait long enough? I know that Captain Ironside joins us, but what about the others?
In the current version of the chapter, only Ironside switches sides.
There will be some... differences in the new version that will be completed before release.
No spoilers on that, though, I mean, you will need a few reasons to suffer all the missions again! :p

[*]I know i jump a bit of topic, since we mainly talk about the 2nd book here, but what is it the stable and elite traning ground besides your base, guarded by demons, do in the last mission of the 1st book, when you take control of them?
[*]And speaking of the last mission of the 1st book, how come neiter your army (Kasrkin), or Aedela's army (either pure or demonic) doesn't attack or move during the mission?
This thread is about the Legends of Arkain, not just the Second Books, so it is fine to adress such things. :)
Chapter Elven of the First Human Book is a disgrace in its current state, it will be returned to
its former state (players owning a base etc) in time.
The stables and elite training grounds are supposed to give your allies Elites and Knights.
I honestly I have no idea what works in the current version and what does not.
I dislike the current version - now that I think about it, I should have written that in the AQT and forgot...

Level 22
If we should talk about mistakes i've found a really little and funny one. In the 1st orc book in the beginning cutscene of chapter 9 Salomar is named Selomar :)
Shar you just turned him into the name of a british hotel, how dare you!:p
Better fix it when that update that we all wait to removes that worthless lightning shield on the character we love to complain about is released and don't get me started on the story and his other abilities!:D

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

That was a choice in the Orc Book, not affecting the Human Book.
In the Human Book, Sassy disagreed with Vanessa.

The rest is no real spoiler, so no spoilers from me here. :)

In the current version of the chapter, only Ironside switches sides.
There will be some... differences in the new version that will be completed before release.
No spoilers on that, though, I mean, you will need a few reasons to suffer all the missions again! :p

This thread is about the Legends of Arkain, not just the Second Books, so it is fine to adress such things. :)
Chapter Elven of the First Human Book is a disgrace in its current state, it will be returned to
its former state (players owning a base etc) in time.
The stables and elite training grounds are supposed to give your allies Elites and Knights.
I honestly I have no idea what works in the current version and what does not.
I dislike the current version - now that I think about it, I should have written that in the AQT and forgot...
In my humble opinion 1st human book needs a major patch more than orc or undead books. I mean orc book could use some improvments as well, but certainly less than human book. The undead book is very well built. Speaking of chapter 11 I cant recall having any elites or elite knigts at my side. so both stables and training grounds aint working. Good to know you are going to change it back. But I guess your primary concern for now is 2nd book and all.

Level 3
cleavinghammer pointed out a few bugs (and a few balancing problems as well) in chapter eleven of the 1st human book, i will really quickly repeat them here:
* The Kasrkin don't send any troops.
* Orcs aren't attacked by spawns.
* Captured both buildings, but I didn't see any difference in the spawns.
* Buildings don't give bounties.
* Killing buildings doesn't seem to affect spawns.
* Invulnerable paladins caused Merlon to wait in a corner of the brown base.
* Aedale's spawns sometimes just stop moving. (As an aside, you can't really blame the other side for yelling about traitors when you see the minions she sends).
* South allies don't send heroes.
* North allies keep getting destroyed by paladins resurrecting everyone. Even when giving the allies all upgrades from the start.
* Allies don't get ranged units.
* If Blen and/or Harmos are dead when the fortress falls, they aren't present in the cinematic, though they still talk.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problems i spotted myself:
There's also a problem in the final mission of the 1st orc book, where Rath Wolfscar is no where to be seen in the ending cutscene, but he still talks, and despite Rangul stating that Sasrogarn will not join the fight (if you choose to agree with Vaneesa), he still attacks the enemy.
When getting the BloodHand Clan to join Rangul, i feel that it's really risky having to go through their base in order to confront The Destroyer.
Rath Wolfscar selling his items (Like Rath, Y U DO DIS? It's Dogran who's the gold greedy one, not you).
Some of the dialouge in the 3 books are a bit to fast to read sometimes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question:
As of right now i can't think of any other bugs or issues i could find, but before i go, i gotta ask, now that you have the models/skins that we saw in the demo of the 2nd human book, are you going to update some of the old factions in the 1st books so they have those new skins as well?
When the update of the 1st books comes, are you going to update their dialouges as well? Because Vaneesa isn't doing a very good job at explaining why the humans should be left alive and be useful (Slaves? Demon bait? Allies? Food?), (and maybe say some of them are better then her, and mention that to Rangul and use herself as an example).

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Hmm... Maybe it is time to tell you that...
by destroying the Dark Elves, you helped van Durce!

I am telling you this before the release of Chapter Nine to give you a chance to undo this,
if you wished to.
Huh, good thing I didnt. I mean that is a common thing for your campaigns. Whenever there is a sidequest to destroy a hostile base, you'd better let it be.

Level 22

I am telling you this before the release of Chapter Nine to give you a chance to undo this,
if you wished to.
Even when you told me it's a bad decision i won't reverse it.Wanna know why? They are allies of the undead and sooner or later they will betray us. They already have a huge army, why give them even more? I don't care if i helped van Durce, those elves destroyed a few divisions of the golden guard and that's good, but i don't see any further purpose for them. They have to be defeated to not let the undead have a bigger force when they betray us.Im sure Thanok and Gardon can take care of van Durce especially since he will be busy fighting with Genethas.

Level 3

if you wished to.
Speaking of the Dark Elves, any plans on using the forsaken buildings from the Curse of the Forsaken v2.1 campaign (like the ones right here: http://i62.tinypic.com/2625ydf.jpg) instead of the regular undead buildings for them?

Just asking because i'm curious and i think they fit :)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Even when you told me it's a bad decision i won't reverse it.Wanna know why? They are allies of the undead and sooner or later they will betray us. They already have a huge army, why give them even more? I don't care if i helped van Durce, those elves destroyed a few divisions of the golden guard and that's good, but i don't see any further purpose for them.
Of course it is your decision, I just felt like pointing it out. :p
Speaking of the Dark Elves, any plans on using the forsaken buildings from the Curse of the Forsaken v2.1 campaign (like the ones right here: http://i62.tinypic.com/2625ydf.jpg) instead of the regular undead buildings=
The models made by Ujimasa Hojo, you mean? Tomo used them, he hasn't created them.
I see no reason to use them at this point, the Dark Elves are no full race of their own at thi point#
and therefore it would require more techtree related edits than it'd be worth it.

Level 3
Of course it is your decision, I just felt like pointing it out. :p

The models made by Ujimasa Hojo, you mean? Tomo used them, he hasn't created them.
I see no reason to use them at this point, the Dark Elves are no full race of their own at thi point#
and therefore it would require more techtree related edits than it'd be worth it.
Ah okey i see, thanks for answering buddy :)
Just remember to tell me if i ask to many questions alright? I don't want to sound annoying to anyone :)

Level 9
That spoiler raped my mind
NOW I GOTTA DO THAT DAMN CHAPTER ALL OVER AGAIN
EDIT: I finished playing most of the campaigns on hive, now all that is left for me to do is wait for Arkain.
Let the hatred and anger flow through all of you hivers. THE TYRANT COMES

Level 3
There is nothing bad in asking questions even if they are a lot. If
you want to ask about something Shar, me or anyone in this thread will gladly answer you.:)
Okey, i have a question about the Leaders Ornasion the Destroyer, Kersidar and Erganoth. What's their backstory? Who are they? And what's their relationship to Largoth?

Level 29
Okey, i have a question about the Leaders Ornasion the Destroyer, Kersidar and Erganoth. What's their backstory? Who are they? And what's their relationship to Largoth?

They are the leaders of their respective demon legions.
Largoth left the legions for till now unknown reasons and joined Aridon for a while. Largoth is seen as nothing more but a traitor and the other demons will kill him on sight.

Level 3
They are the leaders of their respective demon legions.
Largoth left the legions for till now unknown reasons and joined Aridon for a while. Largoth is seen as nothing more but a traitor and the other demons will kill him on sight.
When you say it outloud like that, it didn't seem like a smart idea to betray Aridon just yet, if that's the case, because now both the humans, demons and undeads are after him, and he just threw away his best protection and made them his enemies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Guess what, CHAPTER NINE SPOILER - I know, I just can't stop!
As some of you may already have guessed, the intro cinematic will get some overhaul
since the Interlude has been moved before it.
This could or could not be related to Black Dragons being on the map to fight for the Ironfist. ;)

Three quarters of the map belong to the Golden Guard, so be prepared for that!
The other half will be shared by the other parties - but the Golden Guard might or might not
lose some of its ground early on!

Level 29
When you say it outloud like that, it didn't seem like a smart idea to betray Aridon just yet, if that's the case, because now both the humans, demons and undeads are after him, and he just threw away his best protection and made them his enemies.

True, but Aridon has claimed that he can no longer sense Largoth's presence, so he might be safe for now.
Maybe Largoth was waiting for the moment when someone would become Lisara's vessel, so he decided to aid Aridon till that time came.
Now he might be under protection from the Dark Entity, plus the other factions are too busy fighting each other to bother looking for him.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Does he survive if you choose to side Genethas?

Level 29
Does he survive if you choose to side Genethas?

Nope. I chose to side with Genethas and Blen was imprisoned and tortured. When Aedale and the Karskin find him, the Golden Guard have left him to die slowly.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

As some of you may already have guessed, the intro cinematic will get some overhaul
This could or could not be related to Black Dragons being on the map to fight for the Ironfist. ;)

The other half will be shared by the other parties - but the Golden Guard might or might not
Judging by the amount of spoilers the map is 3/4 ready, isnt it?

Level 22

My god, what kind of fortress do these guys have, Constantinople version 10.0?:p
Is that cannon so valuable to them?Wait i thought the dragons will come to help us in chapter 10 since it brings the aid, well even better!But i wonder what kind of aid will chapter 10 bring if not the black dragons?

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Level 22
You could say that.

It covers their retreat, so... very valuable.
I mean come on now van Durce can just say:
Hey you 100,000 guys there, yeah you exactly i will send you to your death,why? Well you need to cover our retreat, so defend us against the demons so we can escape, ok maybe screw everyone else and only defend me, i don't really care about the other people, now get to it!

Had they used all that effort to attack the demons rather than retreating, the demons could have been pushed back earlier.
You see there is a serious problem that won't allow this plan to work:
van Durce, that's right!:p

Level 3
You know i just realized you can make puns with some of the characters names.

PUNS
The soldiers likes Blen, because they want to "Blen" in.

There many types of styles, like the Lar"goth" and emo style.

Quit it with the "Sas"rogarn, i'm the "Sassy"rogarn one around here.

You made me angry, now prepare to feel my "Rath".

Would you be a Rahan"Dear" and get me some coffee? I hope i'm not being a "drag"skull.

I'm so Ari"done" with Van Durch.

I plant many flowers in my "Gardon", some of them are called "BloodClaw".

"Krom" and get your medicine.

I would rather Tha"not".

Don't be such Van "Douche".

My "Dogran" away. ("dog-ran")

MEMES:
Aridon: "Pull the lever Krom!" Krom: *Pulls lever.* Aridon: *Falls* "WRONG LEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEERRRR!!!!!" *Gets up with Fleshtearer biting him* "Why do we even have that lever?"

Aridon: *Sits on a chair with his cup while everything around him is in chaos* This is fine.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Had they used all that effort to attack the demons rather than retreating, the demons could have been pushed back earlier.
I agree, Gardon agrees, van Durce has no interest in doing anything like that.
You guys gave him the nickname van Douche for a reason. :p

I mean come on now van Durce can just say:
Hey you 100,000 guys there, yeah you exactly i will send you to your death,why? Well you need to cover our retreat, so defend us against the demons so we can escape, ok maybe screw everyone else and only defend me, i don't really care about the other people, now get to it!
He kind did that when he told the Royal Army to defend their borders without lending any support.
The cannon was mostly neccessary because they wanted to evacuate the Elves - and take both men
and resources from the continent before they left.

Level 22
He kind did that when he told the Royal Army to defend their borders without lending any support.
The cannon was mostly neccessary because they wanted to evacuate the Elves - and take both men
and resources from the continent before they left.

Damn that Douche!What's next, him saying this to Gardon once he meets him again addtext_com_MTYwMDI5ODAxMDA.png
Yes, i know it's badly edited just ignore that part!:p

Level 10
Something tells me Zai yar under Garden will be like Germany under a very well known dictator

Naaah, im sure he will make his kingdom a paradise :D With public baths, cocktails and those girls in bikini pole-dancing :D
Gardon is not tyrant per-say. He is simply willing to sacrifice entire villages for his blood shields. Everybody has something. Gardon doing blood shields, Aridon with his nerub slaves, orcs with... well orcs are orcs, thats a thing in itself. And our sex-obsessed demons.

Level 22
Naaah, im sure he will make his kingdom a paradise :D With public baths, cocktails and those girls in bikini pole-dancing :D
Gardon is not tyrant per-say. He is simply willing to sacrifice entire villages for his blood shields. Everybody has something. Gardon doing blood shields, Aridon with his nerub slaves, orcs with... well orcs are orcs, thats a thing in itself. And our sex-obsessed demons.
How dare you miss out the most important part, people in public getting impaled on a pike!:D

Level 22
Shar can you give us another spoiler please? :)
We need it to build some hate, anger, rage, disdain, animosity, antagonism, horror, aversion, irritation, malevolence, gripe, grievance, repulsion, revulsion, mislike and disgust for chapter 9 you know?:p

Level 10
Shar can you give us another spoiler please? :)
We need it to build some hate, anger, rage, disdain, animosity, antagonism, horror, aversion, irritation, malevolence, gripe, grievance, repulsion, revulsion, mislike and disgust for chapter 9 you know?:p

Spoiler: Chapter 9 cancelled :D :D :D

Okey, horror predictions aside (yes, you can put new underpants on now), I dont think more spoilers are a good idea. I really wish to be surprised there. Thats what im so eager to experience. The surprise, the seething hatred. Shar is great in keeping you on high current without giving everything away.

Last edited:
Level 10
That'd spawn some hate, wouldn't it?
But nah, nothing like that.

Alright, you want a spoiler to bring the hate? There you go!
No spoilers, be patient and be surprised! :p

Mwahahahahaa, just what I said (after edit :D ). I do admire your tenacity and that you still have the energy to keep doing those maps. Keep up the superb work.

Level 22
I will admire him for that too. He's very busy, yet he still does it, even though he knows it's just a hobby. But why do i feel like he hates himself for making this mission?:p

Last edited:
Level 22
I love making this map because I know you will hate it. :p
im sure you've put in quite the stuff to make us enjoy it. So tell me are these things going to be in the map:
-Broken elite golden guard units
-Elite Demon lords
-Random attack waves of orc wind riders
-Invincible undead structures that will send Gargoyls, Frost wyrms and destroyers at us
-Van Durce with 200000 health
-Genethas with inferno and doom guard spawning abilities and 200000 health
-And 1 million goblin land mines in all enemy bases :p

Level 10
im sure you've put in quite the stuff to make us enjoy it. So tell me are these things going to be in the map:
-Broken elite golden guard units
-Elite Demon lords
-Random attack waves of orc wind riders
-Invincible undead structures that will send Gargoyls, Frost wyrms and destroyers at us
-Van Durce with 200000 health
-Genethas with inferno and doom guard spawning abilities and 200000 health
-And 1 million goblin land mines in all enemy bases :p

Just that? Youre getting lazy! Youre going too easy on yourself man.