• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RotG Loading Screen Mini-Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Requiem of the Gods

loadscreen.jpg

Loading Screen Mini-Contest

Hey chaps, Theres some fab artists around here so if you fancy a challenge or just for the heck of it...

I'm entertaining the notion of the possibility of changing the loadscreen, you are welcome to create a few and post them up here. If you think you can create a better loadscreen for ROTG feel free to try!

Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No image may violate any site rules.

2. Image size: 512x512

3. TGA Format

4. Final .blp size must NOT exceed 254kb

5. If you wish to use text on your image the font used for ROTG & its website is the FOLKARD font. It is free to download so just google it.

6. The same goes for the preview image (the little one in hosting rooms) The constraints for that is it must be 128x128 (I think)

• TGA format that does not exceed 48kb in filesize.

7. All submitted images must be physically attached to this thread.

Contest Prizes And Winnings

• First Place: 25 reputation points
  • Second Place: 10 reputation points
  • Third Place: 5 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • The winner shall be determined by myself.

Contest Dates And Deadline
  • All images must be complete and submitted XX days after the contest begins.

The contest shall begin on 13TH Nov Month 2007 and conclude on
    10 December Month 2007 12:00 AM, (GMT)

I can't gaurentee it'll get used but you never know, could be fun anyway,
so good luck with your efforts.

Btw if one of yours is used you will get the credit for it on the official site so get scribblin'...

Last edited:
Level 32
Some of the best artists might just be able to do it Steelb_l_ade!

You will certainly be able to generate more interest in your loading screen update project if you host it as a Mini-Contest. Project leaders are entitled to do so! Promising a reputation award is a sure-fire participant magnet.

Here are two examples of previously conducted hosted project contests:

Level 32
Contest Approved

Well met, Steelb_l_ade!
  1. A "generic contest template" has been integrated into your post.

2. Please edit the post again to further detail the rules (if you find it to be necessary).

3. When you are satisfied with the rules, also edit the dates during which you wish the contest to be conducted.

4. I have closed the thread so no one can post until you finalize things. Reopen it when you are ready to begin.

Level 8
I am entering, I will go to work right now. I am using GIMP. I do not know how large a BLP will be after conversion. I may just convert it myself.

How many entries can I make?

EDIT: I have uploaded my first entry (I did it at 1am, so it is probably not my final entry. It is probably a bit big as well, but I wanted to show that I am serious.)

What style do you want the image to be in? I did something a little random, but I could go to a specific style if you would like.

EDIT 2: More images, next time they will be in Aztec/Mayan style. I will have to do some research on it.
BTW, how did you get the Final Boss (sorry I forgot his name) to do that after image thing upon death, it looks fantastic.

Attachments

• Modo RotG Entry 4.tga
    768 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Level 8
I was finally able to play it last night (I had a non-working version of 1.21, now I have a working one) and it is really awesome. I will attach all entries to my first post here.

I was going to go from a God theme, a chaos power type of thing, unless you want it in an Aztec/Mayan theme. I will put up a couple more in .tga then change theme to Aztec/Mayan.

Level 9
Modo: its done with creating lots of image clones of him and reduce the transparancy each time while lopping the death animation.

I've created two screens im considering using for it, though I won't be entering my own contest so your only competition remains between each other, you won't be competing with my efforts,

What do you think of these?

Attachments

• loadscreen1.jpg
    loadscreen1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 311
  • loadscreen2.jpg
    loadscreen2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 327
Level 8
Your screen rocks. I don't have art skills and my mouse is really jittery. So far I have no competition, but if there are three entries over night (it finishes tomorrow doesn't it?) I get no rep. At least I entered. The last image is my favourite.

I tried to do something in style, but my filters wouldn't work properly and I couldn't make it look right.

Level 4
pyritie said:
It's not the right dimensions...

Oh yeas, it definitely is.

Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No image may violate any site rules.

2. Image size: 512x512

3. TGA Format

4. Final .blp size must NOT exceed 254kb

5. If you wish to use text on your image the font used for ROTG & its website is the FOLKARD font. It is free to download so just google it.

6. The same goes for the preview image (the little one in hosting rooms) The constraints for that is it must be 128x128 (I think)

Level 8

Attachments

• RotG MechAngel.jpg
    RotG MechAngel.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 311
  • Rotg Mechangel RS.jpg
    Rotg Mechangel RS.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 343
Status
Not open for further replies.