• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Thank you for your respond. You're right. But what do you think about: "Wow, your Kel'Thuzad's past is even worse than mine"!?

Like I said before, I am making a story where Kel'Thuzad is one of the main characters. His past is also tragic, but not this level!

"In the Victory Screen, Kel'Thuzad's icon is Green". In the Victory Screen? What Victory Screen? :eek:

The one after Victory. The one that shows Resources, Units, Heroes, etc?

And what do you think about the second map?

Second Chapter
-We control two Kel'Thuzads and one is at level 10
-We see orc bodies and Kel'Thuzad still wonders who killed the dwarves?
-We already control the dwarves mountainers and a peasant at the start of the mission
-Why isn't killing the witch a optional quest?
-After the cinematic, the mountaineers can't reach Kel'Thuzad
-Helcular is an old man, not an elf
-Wait? Was that voice the Lich King? That doesn't make sense!
-You might have to recheck this mission. Kel'Thuzad only becomes truly fascinated with necromancy after Teron's attack on Dalaran and this scene happens a few months before he joins the Lich King

Last edited:
Like I said before, I am making a story where Kel'Thuzad is one of the main characters. His past is also tragic, but not this level!

The one after Victory. The one that shows Resources, Units, Heroes, etc?

Second Chapter
-We control two Kel'Thuzads and one is at level 10
-We see orc bodies and Kel'Thuzad still wonders who killed the dwarves?
-We already control the dwarves mountainers and a peasant at the start of the mission
-Why isn't killing the witch a optional quest?
-After the cinematic, the mountaineers can't reach Kel'Thuzad
-Helcular is an old man, not an elf
-Wait? Was that voice the Lich King? That doesn't make sense!
-You might have to recheck this mission. Kel'Thuzad only becomes truly fascinated with necromancy after Teron's attack on Dalaran and this scene happens a few months before he joins the Lich King
That was an accidentally upload. I upload a version at 15:15 without those units.
(Kel'Thuzad at lvl 10 and the dwarwes.
I will remove the orc bodies. Yeah that scene is really weird :D
I will make the Witch killing as an Optional quest.
I was not find Helcular model. But i will search. You can show me one that familiar to Helcular?
Wait, how the scores are showed for you? In the trigger that scene is skipped.

Level 29
Wait, how the scores are showed for you? In the trigger that scene is skipped.

Actually I forgot to add that part. At the final cinematic of the first chapter, I had to click Esc for the chapter to end. However, before that happened the camera went the place where Kel'thuzad started and appeared the Quests and Hints that appeared at the start of the mission

By the way, this works with Patch 1.29.2 PTR

Last edited:
Actually I forgot to add that part. At the final cinematic of the first chapter, I had to click Esc for the chapter to end. However, before that happened the camera went the place where Kel'thuzad started and appeared the Quests and Hints that appeared at the start of the mission

By the way, this works with Patch 1.29.2 PTR
Thank you for all of your respond. I really appraciate it. Huh, i miss soo much thing. I'll fix everything you've written.

Level 29
Thank you for all of your respond. I really appraciate it. Huh, i miss soo much thing. I'll fix everything you've written.

A couple of suggestions
-The meat we get from the bandits on the first mission is practically useless in case our life is at its limit. I suggest potions
-For the second optional quest of the first mission receiving two items for killing three ghosts sounds bad. How about reciving a Tome of Knowledge instead?
-Grant an ability for each of the elementals, because considering the current ones, the Fire Elemental is the best option
-Our enemies drop very few items on the second mission and we need potions to face off orcs and ogres
-Replace the Orc Shaman in the second mission for a Warlock or a Necrolyte
-The critter that Kel'Thuzad raised is a frog, not a rat

Regarding what I said before.
At the first mission Kel'Thuzad is an okay guy, even helping a woman

Then at the second mission he seems more cynical, criticizing the Kirin Tor without any explanation.
Supposedly the first missions happen when, during or after the Second War? Because that conversation with Helcular happens shortly before he goes to Northrend and that was years after the Second War

Check this
Timeline (unofficial)

Last edited:
Level 29
One more thing.

AN IMPORTANT THING. This is a top-priority thing you must do.

You MUST put Mr. Bigglesworth in this campaign! :D:D:D:D:D

Level 29
(I updated it.) I will :3

Review

Chapter One
"I was sent"
"Violet Citadel"
"Is this it?" not "This is it"
"I think I will go too"
-The three necrolytes are way too strong for Kel'Thuzad
-If this happened shortly after Medivh's death then there is no way that orcs have already reached Dalaran. I suggest bandits, rogue wizards or forest trolls
-How are elementals vulnerable to poison?
-I suggest increasing the number of mana potions dropped, because Kel'Thuzad has to rely so much on his spells that he is drained quickly. That or give him an item that increases mana regeneration

"Burning Legion"

-Again. Alexandros Morgraine only obtained the crystal at the end of the Second War. If Medivh just died then it means that the First War is still going.
-I don't know if Kel'Thuzad already knew Helcular by this point. Baron Rivendare is another choice as the two were friends even before Kel'Thuzad joined the Lich King

I can't review the second chapter right now. Sorry.

Level 5
Okay, so the potential is there. For the first mission I have that a I found a weird little bug, if you stand in front of the gate to much the starting sequence starts again, not the whole cinematic, but a fade to black and back. The mana options seemed pretty limited in this map, sure there was healing abound but no mana options. That wouldn't be a problem if the Earth Elemental wouldn't be so good, I found him more useful than the hero abilities. Now there is this one zone that seems quite useless, its the one with the three warlocks, by the time I get to them I am already max level and they don't seem to give anything out, maybe even a rune would work or something else. About the quest with the Ghosts, there was an indication of getting a Tome of Knowledge, but I either got it and didn't notice or I never got it in the first place, both of those seem possible. About the story it seems pretty okay, but I don't understand why did the Archer have Kel's letter. Also aren't the elves in the Kirin Tor from the start or is my history quite messed up at the moment?

About the second chapter, this is a pretty weird one for me. So, we have Kel going to look into the crystal thing, but there is a footman that he can control that is just outside the town, now I didn't see if I could go in with it but that is to be tested. The bodies, the dead dwarves bodies I could only think that they are there thanks to the Blackrock Orcs, if not them I have no idea. The Wraith thing, isn't an optional quest and besides the experience that it's giving to you it doesn't really seem that worthy of wasting your time. The way that Kel drinks for the well and then he hears the Lich King, doesn't sound that good to me, it seems rushed and out of nowhere. Why that well? Why that place? Also are those skeletons just a vision or what? Needlessly to say that it makes things a little bit confusing when he meets with Helcular, I understand that that dialogue is taken from World of Warcraft, but it seems like Kel'thuzad changed suddenly just by drinking from that well. Maybe tell use that the actions of this map is after a few years from the first one and show us how he changed since the first map? That would be an interesting progression without needing to see how he is transforming.

Level 29
OThe mana options seemed pretty limited in this map, sure there was healing abound but no mana options.

Agreed.

The way that Kel drinks for the well and then he hears the Lich King, doesn't sound that good to me, it seems rushed and out of nowhere. Why that well? Why that place? Also are those skeletons just a vision or what?

Supposedly this happens shortly after the Second War, so Ner'zhul still wasn't the Lich King.

The Lich King only started giving whispers to Kel'Thuzad nearly a decade after.

but it seems like Kel'thuzad changed suddenly just by drinking from that well. Maybe tell use that the actions of this map is after a few years from the first one and show us how he changed since the first map? That would be an interesting progression without needing to see how he is transforming.

Agreed.
Kel'Thuzad at the first mission was a good guy as he aided a woman and killed some ghosts.
Then on the second mission he suddenly becomes a man that criticizes the Kirin Tor for no apparent reason and starts practicing necromancy out of nowhere. There was no character development in the middle.

My suggestion is that on the second mission he sees for the first time undead and becomes slightly interested. Then the attack on Dalaran happens and his interest intensifies.

Last edited:
Level 29
Okay, i listened for all respond you've written +Lisboah and +WarcraftLiterature. Please try this version and tell me if you find anything wrong. And about that gate problem: Look, i don't know. I waited 5 minute and still nothing happened for me.

Is the new version already there on first post?

Level 29
Yes, i will always upload the newest version there.

You fixed nearly all things! Good job!

First Chapter
"I was sent"
"Modera said she..."
"before they gave me to the Kirin Tor"

Technically the Kirin Tor had already accepted elves. One of the Council is Prince Kael.

I suggest this model for Modera
Modera

Second chapter
"Look! I can teach you something."
The whole thing near the fountain still bugs me

Wait, what? His parents gave him? WTf? Though this might explain why he is so lonely. You know about his Coin in the fountain right?

You fixed nearly all things! Good job!

First Chapter
"I was sent"
"Modera said she..."
"before they gave me to the Kirin Tor"

Technically the Kirin Tor had already accepted elves. One of the Council is Prince Kael.

I suggest this model for Modera
Modera

Second chapter
"Look! I can teach you something."
The whole thing near the fountain still bugs me

Wait, what? His parents gave him? WTf? Though this might explain why he is so lonely. You know about his Coin in the fountain right?
1. I will fix the other things you've written
2. I think thats a "new version" of modera far away at WoTLK. The current model is perfectly fit (but this is my opinion).
3. What do you think? The smoke bugs?
4. Of Course! Well, let's say I'm not sure about this, probably because of the city and its parents. For this reason, this text has the same letter written on its coin: "Sometimes... I wish someone would come along and just give me a big, long hug."

Last edited:
Level 29
3. What do you think? The smoke bugs?

This happened shortly after the Second War, right? The Lich King was created two years after, when Ner'zhul passes through the portal and is caught by Kil'jaeden.

The Lich King only started whispering in Kel'Thuzad's head nearly ten years after the events of "Beyond the Dark Portal".

4. Of Course! Well, let's say I'm not sure about this, probably because of the city and its parents. For this reason, this text has the same letter written on its coin: "Sometimes... I wish someone would come along and just give me a big, long hug."

Just that coin alone made me feel a lot of sympathy for Kel'thuzad :(

Level 29
It is not actually there, so it is actually Kel'Thuzad's first vision of undead, and in the previous update, fountain and green fog disappear after his vision ends. Actually, Ner'Zhul is talking to him, though he is in fact the Lich King already. During that time, Gul'dan will soon arrive in the Quel'Thalas, though it will not be mentioned in the story (Just to mention it).

How is Ner'zhul already the Lich King? By this time, Ner'zhul should be in a coma in Draenor.

And Gul'dan is already dead by this time.

Level 29
Review

First Quest
In the quest it still says "Violet Citadell"
In the Main Quest "Modera wants to upgrade... but needs access (or permission) to start it"
"My parents truly lived" 'Truly lived'?
"one man tried to get to the Violet Citadel from here and found"
"during a battle with a warlock"

I just noticed it. Modera wants access from King Terenas? Isn't permission the correct word?
While supposedly is a Blackrock Clan team there are no orcs on the map.
Yes. Now you are showing that Kel'Thuzad is an outcast. I somewhat kind of relate with him.

Second Mission
"mysterious crystal found by"
"who did this to them"
"Draconic Heat"

"durability of the crystal" is this correct?

Review

First Quest
In the quest it still says "Violet Citadell"
In the Main Quest "Modera wants to upgrade... but needs access (or permission) to start it"
"My parents truly lived" 'Truly lived'?
"one man tried to get to the Violet Citadel from here and found"
"during a battle with a warlock"

I just noticed it. Modera wants access from King Terenas? Isn't permission the correct word?
While supposedly is a Blackrock Clan team there are no orcs on the map.
Yes. Now you are showing that Kel'Thuzad is an outcast. I somewhat kind of relate with him.

Second Mission
"mysterious crystal found by"
"who did this to them"
"Draconic Heat"

"durability of the crystal" is this correct?
"Violet Citadel" (changed)
"My parents truly lived" 'Truly lived'? changed to ("My parents lived")
"one man tried to get to the Violet Citadel from here and found" (changed)
"during a battle with a warlock" (changed)
"I just noticed it. Modera wants access from King Terenas? Isn't permission the correct word?" (changed)
"mysterious crystal found by" (changed)
"who did this to them" (changed)
"Draconic Heat" (changed)

"durability of the crystal" is this correct? (removed)

Level 29
"Violet Citadel" (changed)
"My parents truly lived" 'Truly lived'? changed to ("My parents lived")
"one man tried to get to the Violet Citadel from here and found" (changed)
"during a battle with a warlock" (changed)
"I just noticed it. Modera wants access from King Terenas? Isn't permission the correct word?" (changed)
"mysterious crystal found by" (changed)
"who did this to them" (changed)
"Draconic Heat" (changed)

"durability of the crystal" is this correct? (removed)

I found no other mistakes, so in my opinion these two chapters are done.

Do you have already ideas for the other chapters?
Because I can give you ideas if you wish.

I found no other mistakes, so in my opinion these two chapters are done.

Do you have already ideas for the other chapters?
Because I can give you ideas if you wish.
I will do a Interlude that will be played 2 years later than the previous events (as the second course is in theory completed) where Kel'Thuzad's research is revealed and the Council has come together and discussing its fate.

Level 29
I will do a Interlude that will be played 2 years later than the previous events (as the second course is in theory completed) where Kel'Thuzad's research is revealed and the Council has come together and discussing its fate.

2 years after this occured the attack on Dalaran, which increased Kel'thuzad's interest in necromancy and he realizing just how overpowered warlocks are compared to mages.

The Council only learns of his studies years later, between seven or ten years after the attack.

Level 29
Or what do you think? I need to make a Dalaran siege mission where I need to defense the city from (clan)?

From what I read in "Beyond the Dark Portal" book, the orcs managed to infiltrate the city before the alarm activated. So I guess instead of a siege, the mission would be killing all orcs inside Dalaran.

Of course we technically lose since Teron manages to flee with the Eye, but still...

The optional quests could be killing experiments that escaped during the chaos, looking for items that could help us, aid the civilians in evacuating, etc...

Another possible mission could be one where we play with Kel'Thuzad and Baron Rivendare. While the lore says they have been friends for years, it is never shown them interacting with the other.
Rivendare lived in Stratholme and Stratholme was destroyed by the orcs during the war, so maybe Rivendare asks Kel'thuzad for aid? I don't know, you decide.

From what I read in "Beyond the Dark Portal" book, the orcs managed to infiltrate the city before the alarm activated. So I guess instead of a siege, the mission would be killing all orcs inside Dalaran.

Of course we technically lose since Teron manages to flee with the Eye, but still...

The optional quests could be killing experiments that escaped during the chaos, looking for items that could help us, aid the civilians in evacuating, etc...

Another possible mission could be one where we play with Kel'Thuzad and Baron Rivendare. While the lore says they have been friends for years, it is never shown them interacting with the other.
Rivendare lived in Stratholme and Stratholme was destroyed by the orcs during the war, so maybe Rivendare asks Kel'thuzad for aid? I don't know, you decide.
Thanks you for the ideas. Then we see a "not completelly" destroyed Dalaran?

Level 29
Thanks you for the ideas. Then we see a "not completelly" destroyed Dalaran?

Basically yes.

The Horde manages to get what they wanted, the Eye, and leave. The mages are powerless to stop them and most likely the casualities that the orcs endured were minimal, if not nearly nonexistent at all.

If I were Kel'Thuzad, I would be both pissed and in desperation beyond limit. The Horde's only goal was the Eye and they got it without a problem. If their goal was to destroy Dalaran, I think they could have succeed it with the aid of the Black Dragons. The Kirin Tor were pretty much like defenseless people that had their house sacked by thieves and couldn't even prevent said thieves from leaving with the items they wanted.

Third Chapter: Stirring Between the Ruins
Some screenshots from the editing: ;)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_070318_165238_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165238_01.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 149
  • WC3ScrnShot_070318_165240_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165240_02.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 165
  • WC3ScrnShot_070318_165254_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165254_03.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 155
  • WC3ScrnShot_070318_165302_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165302_04.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 152
  • WC3ScrnShot_070318_165309_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165309_05.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 140
  • WC3ScrnShot_070318_165320_06.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165320_06.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 156
  • WC3ScrnShot_070318_165326_07.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165326_07.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 161
  • WC3ScrnShot_070318_165331_09.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165331_09.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 144
  • WC3ScrnShot_070318_165337_10.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165337_10.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 168
  • WC3ScrnShot_070318_165339_11.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165339_11.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 167
  • WC3ScrnShot_070318_165342_12.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070318_165342_12.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 139
Level 29

Looks good.

However, here is my opinion. I am just trying to be sincere, so don't hate me.

While the orcs did attack Dalaran, I don't think they left the city in such state. Their goal was, after all, reaching the Vault and obtain the Eye of Dalaran. This level of destruction seems like their goal was to destroy Dalaran.

This seems more like the Siege of Dalaran during the Second War (Warcraft II Tides of Darkness).

Don't forget to put Death Knights, undead and Black Dragons.

Any news for the upcoming chapter?
Sorry for the late answer again :(
I add a new spell to Kel'Thuzad and i create the intro.
The spell named Cinderwave (Replaces Scorch)
and it is exactly the same as shockwave, but i want to change it a little bit. (something like burn for 5 sec after the target is being hit by the Cinderwave)
With this model: ShockwaveMissile

Level 29
Sorry for the late answer again :(
I add a new spell to Kel'Thuzad and i create the intro.
The spell named Cinderwave (Replaces Scorch)
and it is exactly the same as shockwave, but i want to change it a little bit. (something like burn for 5 sec after the target is being hit by the Cinderwave)
With this model: ShockwaveMissile

Cool
Will you add the intro now so that we can review it?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_070818_220606_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_070818_220606_01.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 149
  • WC3ScrnShot_070818_220608_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_070818_220608_02.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 165
  • WC3ScrnShot_070818_220610_03.png
    WC3ScrnShot_070818_220610_03.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 137
  • WC3ScrnShot_070818_220617_04.png
    WC3ScrnShot_070818_220617_04.png