• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Road to Berlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
ROAD to BERLIN

Map name: Road to Berlin
Size: ~1.6 MB
Type: Team vs team max 4v4

Story: Siege of Berlin, WW2.
Used a lot of models from The Hive.

Screenshots attached.
For all the map gameplay info check F9 in-game. Thanks to all who check it out.

Map was created for Eurobattle.net Map making Tour 2009

Attachments

• z6.jpg
    z6.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 308
  • z11.jpg
    z11.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 385
  • z12.jpg
    z12.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Road to Berlin.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
Level 8
Not enough models, I had to use all I found up here.

I might replace t-80 with a different model. I couldn't find any chopper model from ww2, I think those weren't used a lot that time and about mlrs-you can imagine it as a russian katjuša. :)

Level 8
New version coming up in few days. I replaced most of modern models with ww2 ones, but the chopper stays (I need some strategic air vehicle).

@bounty hunter: You get them (one actually-apache) after several upgrades.

Level 34
New version coming up in few days. I replaced most of modern models with ww2 ones, but the chopper stays (I need some strategic air vehicle).

@bounty hunter: You get them (one actually-apache) after several upgrades.

It's called an 'airplane'. It's not really thát hard.

And I got some big critique about something: Change or fix the damn terrain, it looks hidious.

Level 8
It's called an 'airplane'. It's not really thát hard.

And I got some big critique about something: Change or fix the damn terrain, it looks hidious.

The problem with "airplane" is, that you can't use it like normal controllable unit, because it looks stupid when it gyroscopes in the air and it doesn't move. So I'm using planes only as a bombarding ability.

About the terrain: Few more details, what's bad what should be changed?

why not have no air vehicles, and just make an ability like an airstrike where it calls in an airplane to strafe or bomb?

I already have this.

Level 23
Illidan Evil X made a realistic airplane movement system in the Modern Warfare map, where you can select the plane but if it reaches the specific target order etc, the plane starts to circulate around the point. It looks really cool actually.
Maybe you should ask him?

Level 8
UPDATE

Road to Berlin 1.1

New stuff:

-added unit ranking system: More enemies unit kills, more addons (ranks) it gets (like Red Alert 2 stars)
-changed airstrike model from modern plane to stuka
-airfields now have second upgrade at 20.min, replacing stukas with big bombers
-added ability to airfields to Request an Outside resource (+100 iron +50USD)
-changed T-80 model to Sherman
-added Commander (hero): Limited 1 per player
Abilities:
-place land mine
-reveal
-war cry

-added Buy Stocks ability to banks: You invest 200USD and get back between -50% and +50%
-added blood effects when human unit attacks another human unit with any type of rifle/gun

@airplanes: I will think about it, but since airfields now have second upgrade, airplane section is mostly covered. I will think about making some scout planes or something similar.

Attachments

• Road to Berlin 1.1.w3x
    2 MB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.