• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Along the Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Along the Road - First beta version - November 29, 2009

Along the Road is an RPG/Hero-Arena-FFA hybrid set in a forested map cut in half by a road. Along this road and throughout the forest are multiple opportunities to slay innocents, hunt bandits, discover mysteries, and assassinate your friends.

Current Contents:
9 functional heroes dubbed "assassins". (2 have been disabled in the out-of-box map because they are far beyond non-functioning)
2 mini-game style training areas.
2 shops.
2 artifacts.
2 mini-quests.

Current Features:
"Blood bond" system to form partnerships.
Trigger enhanced skills. (GUI, MPI)
Permanently enabled -repick command.
Help in F9 Game Info.

Future Plans:
More heroes, items, artifacts, mini-game areas.
Recipe items.
Full-fledged, completable, story-driven quests which would garner gold and experience and replace the current artifact discovery method.
Improve terraining (my terraining is awful without fail.)
Improve functionality/content of current mini-game areas.
Depending on feedback, I am open to removing the "Blood bond" system in favor of free allying/vision-sharing, removing the -repick command, additional modes (i.e. Deathmatch mode, all random mode, etc.) and increasing the level cap by 2-12 levels.

Attachments

• AlongTheRoad001a.w3x
    211.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.