• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Black Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Good news ! Blizzard confirmed that they will enable icon hiding in 1.27c.
I just have to wait for it to release a new update (EDIT:the patch should come in mid January)
Hopefully it will be soon.

Pretty happy that Blizzard is listening to the community.

Level 5
Check Discord, you can see daily activity, frequent new builds, nightly test games there.

Level 5
News; no, but activity; yes. Discord chat log from yesterday/today:
June 3, 2017
Musashi - Yesterday at 12:53 AM
some friends and i wanted to test out the alpha for 1.40 but every time we try to play it disconnects everyone but the host 5 secs after the game starts. we're running war3 v1.28 is it only available to test solo?
Wareditor - Yesterday at 12:53 AM
you need to clean your cache first ircc - basically restart your wc3 after playing multiplayer maps (same thing as Gaea)(edited)
Musashi - Yesterday at 12:54 AM
thanks for the quick response, we'll try that
Wareditor - Yesterday at 12:54 AM
but you say 5 secs after start ?
That sounds weird. I never tested the map on 1.28 so idk if there is a new issue
Musashi - Yesterday at 1:03 AM
after a reset it works now
Wareditor - Yesterday at 1:21 AM
good :smiley: I hope you enjoy it

Level 14
I have started working on the map again!

icons Sorcerer.PNG

Level 32
The Realm of the Black Road
TBR: Requiem
TBR: Titan's Wrath
TBR: Tarturus Depths
TBR: Curse of the Gods
TBR: Nyx Falls
TBR: Catalyst
TBR: Afterlife
TBR: Hades' Corruption
TBR: Kingdom of the Gods
TBR: Kingdom of the Dead
TBR: Olympian's Curse
TBR: River of Fire

Edited:
The Rainbow Road :]

Level 2
1. I felt in love with this map.
2. I think the Ranger have a bug with the combined spell. The new spell that lasts for 15 secs does way too low dmg
3. Can you make a list of the game commands? Or a more detailed guide? Especially for the camera, I can't set it right. Its always too far or too close.

Level 2
@Wareditor
Nice! Can't wait for the update

- I finished the map, killed all the bosses, had some epic fun.
- No more bugs found except the ones that others wrote.

Level 1
Hello :)

I was the one who made this website on google sites.
I enjoyed playing the black road back in the day. Now i'm on diablo3.

I'll have to download again warcraft3 to test that new map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
@JesusHipster

What an honor to have you comment here ! I am a fan of your work <3

Trees have been a big issue for me. First I wanted to keep the sharp vanilla feel of TBR so I kept the base ones. After some time, I couldn't keep using them because they were, let's face it, pretty ugly. So now I switched to HD trees but I am still not sure if it is the right choice. At least I have a lot of diversity with them. But, I would love to try some other option. Though I would need to find a full set.

Level 1
Hi, i played your map i love it,tbr will also be one of my favourite wc3 rpg3 because i love greek mythology. If possible I'd like to join your discord for map testing since invite you gave up was only instant invite and it expired D:

Level 14
@Cro_Assassin
Hello! Glad you liked the map :)
A brand new update is coming out soon. I am working hard on it and lots of things have changed.
Here is a link to the discord : link. I also updated the one on the main post.
You can check out the #spoilers to see some gifs and screenshots of the new update.

Level 2
I love the direction the game is going, its just sad that the development is so slow :(
I played the temple guardian healer, and i have a suggestion: Lower the base heal on the spell that consumes divine power, or even remove it, and make it scale harder with divine power consumed. Right now, its not worth at all to stack divine power for it to heal more, you can just spam it with 10 power to keep everyone alive, and it even costs no mana.

Level 2
I supposed you work alone.
I played some more today, and I had a lvl2 skill book from quest, then i killed the wizard boss for lvl2 spellbook several times. None of us in the game could use the lvl2 book, when i used it it got transferred to my bag, or to my hero, or it dropped to the ground if the other 1 was full.
I had a lvl2 skill, and an other guy had some more lvl2 skills.

Level 14
Level 1
Can't find the materials for lost beauties and natural trade quests.
Can't hand in quest for protocalia
Don't know how to do rift quest
Turtle boss is too strong.

Professions are not saved !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.