1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by HungaryMaster (Magyar), Jun 26, 2018.

1. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see it more like adding fire to your attacks, similar to the Fire Lord's Passive Ability.

2. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but he still lacks an AoE damage spell until he has his ultimate.

Here's an idea: he actually starts out with all his mage spells learned, but as he gets corrupted by Ner'zhul those spells lose power (and his necromantic spells gain power), the way Arthas loses spells in Frozen Throne's campaign. So he'd have a spellbook with his necromancer spells (starts out with an Animate Dead that only targets critters and lasts five seconds), and the end of the campaign he can no longer cast his previous spells, so all his hero spells are the necromancy ones (so he no longer needs the spellbook).

3. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If I can complete the second map in this night, i will release the Beta of the Campaign until tomorrow.

4. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I always wonder about that. Why exactly joining an evil demigod directly implies that he loses all his 'good' powers? He can simply prefer using his new powers.
    I don't think the Lich King would actually oppose his followers using whatever type of magic they use, as long these powers were used to crush the living.

Among the Scourge, many use Necromancy, Arcane, Shadow, Unholy, Frost, Fire and even Light!

One example is in the Cataclysm expansion during the Hour of Twilight raid. The final boss is the Archbishop Benedictus, a former member of the Church that joined the Twilight Hammer. During the first phase of the boss fight, he uses Light-based abilities and only in the second phase does he start using Shadow magic.

Sounds good

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  5. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Maybe because he uses solely those powers, or neglects the old ones because necromancy is more rewarding, or because he loses access to whatever Dalaran mages use to keep their powers up while he's trapped in Northrend.

6. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it is the first option, because once mages learn spells they can still use them even after leaving the Kirin Tor.

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    My review

First Chapter
    -Some grammar fixes needed
    -Kel'Thuzad's title should be Archmage
    -His voice is too high-pitched
    -Kel'Thuzad can't teleport to the other side of the rocks?
    -Wow, your Kel'Thuzad's past is even worse than mine!
    -Having Kel'Thuzad only reach Level 2 sounds too much. I suggest making him reach Level 3 at least
    -The Fire Elemental is in my opinion the best choice. Give one ability to other elementals
    -The background music is too loud
    -In the Victory Screen, Kel'Thuzad's icon is Green
    -I am surprised Kel'Thuzad didn't offer to go to Karazhan, as he was the most interested in studying it
    -I think you have the timeline mixed up. You talk about Medivh's betrayal (which occured in the First War) and Alexandros' Orb (which he obtained during the Siege of Blackrock Spire at the end of the Second War)

Second Chapter
    -We control two Kel'Thuzads and one is at level 10
    -We see orc bodies and Kel'Thuzad still wonders who killed the dwarves?
    -We already control the dwarves mountainers at the start of the mission
    -Why isn't killing the witch a optional quest?
    -After the cinematic, the mountaineers can't reach Kel'Thuzad
    -Helcular is an old man, not an elf
    -Wait? Was that voice the Lich King? That doesn't make sense!
    -You might have to recheck this mission

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  8. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your respond. You're right. But what do you think about: "Wow, your Kel'Thuzad's past is even worse than mine"!?
    "In the Victory Screen, Kel'Thuzad's icon is Green". In the Victory Screen? What Victory Screen? :eek:

9. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    - Kel'Thuzad can't teleport to the other side of the rocks?
    Hmm... then what should I place there?

10. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    And what do you think about the second map?

11. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like I said before, I am making a story where Kel'Thuzad is one of the main characters. His past is also tragic, but not this level!

The one after Victory. The one that shows Resources, Units, Heroes, etc?

Second Chapter
    -We control two Kel'Thuzads and one is at level 10
    -We see orc bodies and Kel'Thuzad still wonders who killed the dwarves?
    -We already control the dwarves mountainers and a peasant at the start of the mission
    -Why isn't killing the witch a optional quest?
    -After the cinematic, the mountaineers can't reach Kel'Thuzad
    -Helcular is an old man, not an elf
    -Wait? Was that voice the Lich King? That doesn't make sense!
    -You might have to recheck this mission. Kel'Thuzad only becomes truly fascinated with necromancy after Teron's attack on Dalaran and this scene happens a few months before he joins the Lich King

12. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That was an accidentally upload. I upload a version at 15:15 without those units.
    (Kel'Thuzad at lvl 10 and the dwarwes.
    I will remove the orc bodies. Yeah that scene is really weird :D
    I will make the Witch killing as an Optional quest.
    I was not find Helcular model. But i will search. You can show me one that familiar to Helcular?
    Wait, how the scores are showed for you? In the trigger that scene is skipped.

13. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually I forgot to add that part. At the final cinematic of the first chapter, I had to click Esc for the chapter to end. However, before that happened the camera went the place where Kel'thuzad started and appeared the Quests and Hints that appeared at the start of the mission

By the way, this works with Patch 1.29.2 PTR

14. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thank you for all of your respond. I really appraciate it. Huh, i miss soo much thing. I'll fix everything you've written.

15. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    A couple of suggestions
    -The meat we get from the bandits on the first mission is practically useless in case our life is at its limit. I suggest potions
    -For the second optional quest of the first mission receiving two items for killing three ghosts sounds bad. How about reciving a Tome of Knowledge instead?
    -Grant an ability for each of the elementals, because considering the current ones, the Fire Elemental is the best option
    -Our enemies drop very few items on the second mission and we need potions to face off orcs and ogres
    -Replace the Orc Shaman in the second mission for a Warlock or a Necrolyte
    -The critter that Kel'Thuzad raised is a frog, not a rat

Regarding what I said before.
    At the first mission Kel'Thuzad is an okay guy, even helping a woman

Then at the second mission he seems more cynical, criticizing the Kirin Tor without any explanation.
    Supposedly the first missions happen when, during or after the Second War? Because that conversation with Helcular happens shortly before he goes to Northrend and that was years after the Second War

Check this
    Timeline (unofficial)

16. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    One more thing.

AN IMPORTANT THING. This is a top-priority thing you must do.

You MUST put Mr. Bigglesworth in this campaign! :D:D:D:D:D

17. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    (I updated it.) I will :3

18. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Review

Chapter One
    "I was sent"
    "Violet Citadel"
    "Is this it?" not "This is it"
    "I think I will go too"
    -The three necrolytes are way too strong for Kel'Thuzad
    -If this happened shortly after Medivh's death then there is no way that orcs have already reached Dalaran. I suggest bandits, rogue wizards or forest trolls
    -How are elementals vulnerable to poison?
    -I suggest increasing the number of mana potions dropped, because Kel'Thuzad has to rely so much on his spells that he is drained quickly. That or give him an item that increases mana regeneration

"Burning Legion"

-Again. Alexandros Morgraine only obtained the crystal at the end of the Second War. If Medivh just died then it means that the First War is still going.
    -I don't know if Kel'Thuzad already knew Helcular by this point. Baron Rivendare is another choice as the two were friends even before Kel'Thuzad joined the Lich King

I can't review the second chapter right now. Sorry.

19. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Uhm, where did i put a transmission where a character say anything about Medivh? :eek:
    But the sounds, music, and anything except these are fine?
    Etc. I remove the Blackrock Clan fully from the first map.

20. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    You talk about the Guardian (Medivh) in the Loading Screen.

The sounds, music and all are fine.