• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29

Looks good.

-Put some mages' corpses on the streets
-It is "Death Knight" not "Deathknight"
-Don't forget to put some Black Dragons, even if just for cinematics.
-I don't think there should be Voidwalkers on the map. I don't know if the orcs had them or if the Kirin Tor captured some
-Do we get aid from other mages or do we only control Kel'thuzad?

Just an idea: For the ending cinematic, Kel'Thuzad could see the Black Dragons and Deathwing leave the city.

Looks good.

-Put some mages' corpses on the streets
-It is "Death Knight" not "Deathknight"
-Don't forget to put some Black Dragons, even if just for cinematics.
-I don't think there should be Voidwalkers on the map. I don't know if the orcs had them or if the Kirin Tor captured some
-Do we get aid from other mages or do we only control Kel'thuzad?

Just an idea: For the ending cinematic, Kel'Thuzad could see the Black Dragons and Deathwing leave the city.
I know that the "Death Knight" is not "Deathknight". I just wanted to refer to the mobs referring to "Deathknight" in Naxxramas, vanilla wow. But after all, it does not matter, i can change it. This is only a part of the city, where the most of the mages flee into the "heart" of the city.

Level 29
I know that the "Death Knight" is not "Deathknight". I just wanted to refer to the mobs referring to "Deathknight" in Naxxramas, vanilla wow. But after all, it does not matter, i can change it. This is only a part of the city, where the most of the mages flee into the "heart" of the city.

Ok.

By the way, I just noticed that the third map is 90% done. When can we expect to play it?

Level 5
First of all, the new icons work pretty well, but at the start of the map I have a level 4 hero and just one ability at level 2, so we are behind the abilites when we start. There is nothing written before the map starts, besides that the picture is pretty off.
For this map the Earth Elemental isthe best option.
There is a nice cinematic where a Death Knight tells a warlock to use the skeleton warriors against the city, but they just stand there. Is that normal?
On the same topic the same warlock drops a note, from all my explorations I don't think I have seen anyway to use what was written there. Is that for a future chapter or am i just bad at finding secrets?
The item drops are quite good, upgrades to what we get the maps before.
Now the way the city looks it feels more like a siege rather than an attack at night to recover some artifact, but I guess that was the plan.
The name of the mission in the quest log seems a little off, mostly because it doesn't seem to have a connection to what we are doing.
I'm not sure about this one, but I have to ask, is there a lot of empty space? Because there seems to be places that I couldn't reach while trying to explore the map.

In rest it was pretty okay.

First of all, the new icons work pretty well, but at the start of the map I have a level 4 hero and just one ability at level 2, so we are behind the abilites when we start. There is nothing written before the map starts, besides that the picture is pretty off.
For this map the Earth Elemental isthe best option.
There is a nice cinematic where a Death Knight tells a warlock to use the skeleton warriors against the city, but they just stand there. Is that normal?
On the same topic the same warlock drops a note, from all my explorations I don't think I have seen anyway to use what was written there. Is that for a future chapter or am i just bad at finding secrets?
The item drops are quite good, upgrades to what we get the maps before.
Now the way the city looks it feels more like a siege rather than an attack at night to recover some artifact, but I guess that was the plan.
The name of the mission in the quest log seems a little off, mostly because it doesn't seem to have a connection to what we are doing.
I'm not sure about this one, but I have to ask, is there a lot of empty space? Because there seems to be places that I couldn't reach while trying to explore the map.

In rest it was pretty okay.

Thanks for the reply. Oh god, I was so nervous because of those new icons, i find out how to create them and I really want to create those. Yes, the Death Knight command the necrolyte that he must begin the ressurrection of the corpses beneath those graves. Oops! Maybe i was forgot what that necrolyte drops o_O... Originally, before this, the council find out what Kel'Thuzad really does, the necromancy. And then this happens..
Yeah, unfortunatelly i have no idea what can I place at those empty areas. Maybe in the future versions...
Aand the Loading Screens are not available currently... when I'm done with a bit more missions, afterwards I want to make my own Loading Screen for each map :)

Level 29
I will give my review, without watching any already posted review

I had to replay the first two missions, otherwise Kel'Thuzad doesn't appear in the third mission

-Cinderwave doesn't work the way I think you want. Let me explain: if I order Kel'thuzad to use it against an unit, he will launch the attack very far away from the target and the wave doesn't even hit the target

Second mission
-The plural for Dwarf is Dwarves not Dwarfs
-The Blackrock Clan and Dragonmaw Clan thave both red as team color
-"Burned down" not "Burn down"
-"So it is true. Is the crystal"
-If I click Esc to pass the final cinematic, Kel'Thuzad appears outside of the village, where he started after the fountain cinematic.

Third mission
-The Loading screen has to be fixed
-Some grammar fixes needed
-The noxious smoke deals too much damage if you ask me.
-Fix the cinematic so that we can use Esc to pass it
-There is an area with orcs that we can't reach. Why?
-What is the purpose of the notes?
-While you putted useful items on the map, the amount you putted makes it hard to choose which should we keep for future missions
-Deathwing flies to one direction and then to the opposite. Why?

Lore:
Kel'Thuzad will only leave the Kirin Tor ten years after the attack on Dalaran. And where would he go? Ner'zhul still isn't the Lich King so he will not go to Northrend. And he leaving Dalaran during an orc attack sounds a little ridiculous for him to do.

I reviewed some parts and this is what I got: Kel'Thuzad was respected by his peers, as he was described as being charismatic. The only thing about him that annoyed others was his insatiable thirst for knowledge, as he constantly pressed Khadgar for information regarding Medivh and his knowledge. He also was far more open-minded than most concerning what kind of magic they should use and even showed some disdain towards the Church since they had the tendency to berate the Kirin Tor for their studies.
During the final years on the Kirin Tor, he grew infuriated because the other mages didn't share his opnions, so he kept his studies in secret. He found it his duty to study necromancy so that they could use it in case the orcs returned. Antonidas said that the orcs will never break free from the camps (joke is on Antonidas!) and deemed Kel'Thuzad's studies too dangerous for Kirin Tor's reputation and threatened him with exile. Kel'Thuzad had enough of living in a city filled with short-sighted and close-minded mages and left to meet the voice that has been whispering in his head.

Last edited:
I will give my review, without watching any already posted review

I had to replay the first two missions, otherwise Kel'Thuzad doesn't appear in the third mission

-Cinderwave doesn't work the way I think you want. Let me explain: if I order Kel'thuzad to use it against an unit, he will launch the attack very far away from the target and the wave doesn't even hit the target

Second mission
-The plural for Dwarf is Dwarves not Dwarfs
-The Blackrock Clan and Dragonmaw Clan thave both red as team color
-"Burned down" not "Burn down"
-"So it is true. Is the crystal"
-If I click Esc to pass the final cinematic, Kel'Thuzad appears outside of the village, where he started after the fountain cinematic.

Third mission
-The Loading screen has to be fixed
-Some grammar fixes needed
-The noxious smoke deals too much damage if you ask me.
-Fix the cinematic so that we can use Esc to pass it
-There is an area with orcs that we can't reach. Why?
-What is the purpose of the notes?
-While you putted useful items on the map, the amount you putted makes it hard to choose which should we keep for future missions
-Deathwing flies to one direction and then to the opposite. Why?

Lore:
Kel'Thuzad will only leave the Kirin Tor ten years after the attack on Dalaran. And where would he go? Ner'zhul still isn't the Lich King so he will not go to Northrend. And he leaving Dalaran during an orc attack sounds a little ridiculous for him to do.

I reviewed some parts and this is what I got: Kel'Thuzad was respected by his peers, as he was described as being charismatic. The only thing about him that annoyed others was his insatiable thirst for knowledge, as he constantly pressed Khadgar for information regarding Medivh and his knowledge. He also was far more open-minded than most concerning what kind of magic they should use and even showed some disdain towards the Church since they had the tendency to berate the Kirin Tor for their studies.
During the final years on the Kirin Tor, he grew infuriated because the other mages didn't share his opnions, so he kept his studies in secret. He found it his duty to study necromancy so that they could use it in case the orcs returned. Antonidas said that the orcs will never break free from the camps (joke is on Antonidas!) and deemed Kel'Thuzad's studies too dangerous for Kirin Tor's reputation and threatened him with exile. Kel'Thuzad had enough of living in a city filled with short-sighted and close-minded mages and left to meet the voice that has been whispering in his head.

I had to replay the first two missions, otherwise Kel'Thuzad doesn't appear in the third mission (Yes, you need. That's a problem? if you play with the mission normally-[final version], the campaign mission buttons will appear when the previous map is completed. In the test, "for shortcuts" you have a generated Kel from your previous map. [I made them in the current file I working on])

-Cinderwave doesn't work the way I think you want. Let me explain: if I order Kel'thuzad to use it against an unit, he will launch the attack very far away from the target and the wave doesn't even hit the target ( I don't know what you're talking about, it works as the shockwave ability from the Tauren Chieftain. )

Second mission
-The plural for Dwarf is Dwarves not Dwarfs (fixed)
-The Blackrock Clan and Dragonmaw Clan thave both red as team color (yes, i made them both red, that's a problem? Why do I need to change that?)
-"Burned down" not "Burn down" (fixed)
-"So it is true. Is the crystal" (fixed)
-If I click Esc to pass the final cinematic, Kel'Thuzad appears outside of the village, where he started after the fountain cinematic. (No such thing happened to me. "As far as I know it works perfectly in 1.27")

Third mission
-The Loading screen has to be fixed (I will create own Loading Screens for the campaign when I will complete every map in it.)
-Some grammar fixes needed (You can help me find every of them? I am not proficient in English.)
-The noxious smoke deals too much damage if you ask me. (fixed: It deals only 10 damage per sec)
-Fix the cinematic so that we can use Esc to pass it (fixed/created)
-There is an area with orcs that we can't reach. Why? (I fill up that area with some skeletons, Necrolytes, 2 items, 1 rune, and another gas smog [With an item in it])
-What is the purpose of the notes? (removed: That was a plan to put a dialogue where Kel must use a Power Generator at the Tracey's Armory to solve a puzzle, but i dropped that idea.)
-While you putted useful items on the map, the amount you putted makes it hard to choose which should we keep for future missions (remove: Ring of Protection +2; Claws of Attack +3; Runed Gauntlets; but added: Orb of Lightning; Perhiapt of Vitality +150 HP.)
-Deathwing flies to one direction and then to the opposite. Why? (fixed)

Lore:

(Thank you very much for your observations and offers. I'll take them into consideration. I'm trying to fix everything you say, but I'm not sure I can do anything. What do you think of Interlude, Kel'Thuzad speaks with the Council after 10 years because they have discovered that Kel'Thuzad is further dealing with necromancy?)

And sorry for the late answer again. If you saw that I'm looking at the post but I'm not responding, it's not because I did not want to answer it, but on my tablet, the hiveworkshop was opened at this page and because it was turned on, it showed me online.

Last edited:
Level 29
I had to replay the first two missions, otherwise Kel'Thuzad doesn't appear in the third mission (Yes, you need. That's a problem? if you play with the mission normally-[final version], the campaign mission buttons will appear when the previous map is completed. In the test, "for shortcuts" you have a generated Kel from your previous map. [I made them in the current file I working on])

There is no problem, it is just that forces us to replay the other two missions.

-Cinderwave doesn't work the way I think you want. Let me explain: if I order Kel'thuzad to use it against an unit, he will launch the attack very far away from the target and the wave doesn't even hit the target ( I don't know what you're talking about, it works as the shockwave ability from the Tauren Chieftain. )

Ok, so to use it we have to instead click on the ground rather than on an enemy unit, right?

-If I click Esc to pass the final cinematic, Kel'Thuzad appears outside of the village, where he started after the fountain cinematic. (No such thing happened to me. "As far as I know it works perfectly in 1.27")

It happened to me.

-Some grammar fixes needed (You can help me find every of them? I am not proficient in English.)

Intro cinematic
"I rested"
"I immediatly felt"
"I left behind everything"

Main Quest description
"had to face the orcs alone"

Elemental Mastery ability
"each elemental is immune"

Hint
"most of the empowerments" (empowers? What do you mean by that?)

Ending cinematic
"the beast left"

(Thank you very much for your observations and offers. I'll take them into consideration. I'm trying to fix everything you say, but I'm not sure I can do anything. What do you think of Interlude, Kel'Thuzad speaks with the Council after 10 years because they have discovered that Kel'Thuzad is further dealing with necromancy?)

You can make filler-like missions before that, in order to make this campaign larger and more interesting. Make us explore Kel'Thuzad's life before leaving the Kirin Tor, show his friendship with Rivendare (which was never explored in WoW), etc...

Then, yes, make a cinematic where they discuss his studies.

Then the next mission could be he reaching Icecrown, after facing off the dangerous beasts that lurk...

And sorry for the late answer again. If you saw that I'm looking at the post but I'm not responding, it's not because I did not want to answer it, but on my tablet, the hiveworkshop was opened at this page and because it was turned on, it showed me online.

No problem.

Level 29
How old is Rivendare at the time?

-He was a friend to Kel'Thuzad before the latter joined the Lich King-
-He was a landowner of Stratholme
-He has a son that is at least on his twenties in WoW
-Kel'Thuzad was 58 by the time of Reign of Chaos

I will say that Baron Rivendare is in his fourties-fifties in Reign of Chaos, so he was in his twenties-thirties by the time of Beyond the Dark Portal.

I made some calculations and between the attack on Dalaran and Kel'Thuzad leaving Dalaran 9 years passed (I really need to get a life:D)

-He was a friend to Kel'Thuzad before the latter joined the Lich King-
-He was a landowner of Stratholme
-He has a son that is at least on his twenties in WoW
-Kel'Thuzad was 58 by the time of Reign of Chaos

I will say that Baron Rivendare is in his fourties-fifties in Reign of Chaos, so he was in his twenties-thirties by the time of Beyond the Dark Portal.

I made some calculations and between the attack on Dalaran and Kel'Thuzad leaving Dalaran 9 years passed (I really need to get a life:D)
Thank you! :D

Lisboah! What do you think? I made a little practice at skin creating, not the skin of the year, but I will try to make it better.
LIchNew.png

And a Pic how the Interlude looks like now...
KelInterlude.png

Level 29
Last edited:
First image:
-This liches looks good. Will he appear in the interlude?
No, I just made them for practice.
Second image:
-Also looks good. What is the story in this interlude, if I may ask?
Kel'Thuzad will speak with Baron Rivendare (In my image, Rivendare is a Warrior at the time), and in the 5. mission, he will help Kel'Thuzad to protect Darrowshire, and the players will get a new Dalaran techtree.

Level 29
And I try to make custom trees too ^.^
View attachment 302403

Looks good.

If you want more realistic maps, ask nightelfbuilder for help. He is very skilled in doing it.

From the orc's. Please correct me if you know I'm wrong that the orc's reach that region too.

They reached it.
Given that they destroyed Stratholme during the Second War, they certainly reached this town.

At this point these orcs that would attack are most likely Blackrock orcs (like those that appear in the Human campaign that capture civilians for sacrifices) or some orc brigands that managed to flee from the Alliance before being sent to the internment camps.

Last edited:
Level 5
The models look okay. I like the trees while the lich models don't really impress me that much, maybe I'm way to used to the orignial Lich model.

They reached it.
Given that they destroyed Stratholme during the Second War, they certainly reached this town.

At this point these orcs that would attack are most likely Blackrock orcs (like those that appear in the Human campaign that capture civilians for sacrifices) or some orc brigands that managed to flee from the Alliance before being sent to the internment camps.

And because of this I consider that the best option would be to make small orc bases here and there, with a path leading to the edge of the map where sounds of combat are heard. Okay the last part is not really my best idea, but defending Darrowshire from small but frequent attacks would be something a little bit different, or not? Would still be fun and pressing on the player.

Level 29
And because of this I consider that the best option would be to make small orc bases here and there, with a path leading to the edge of the map where sounds of combat are heard. Okay the last part is not really my best idea, but defending Darrowshire from small but frequent attacks would be something a little bit different, or not? Would still be fun and pressing on the player.

Yes.

The mission could be a mixture of defending the town from constant orc attacks while the Alliance forces arrives (though they wouldn't be quite helpful considering that most are currently on Draenor, but this could help to make the mission more difficult), rescue captured civilians and either kill all orcs or capture them so that they are sent to the camps.

Kel'Thuzad could be interested in interrogating some so that he could learn more about necromancy, but is infuriated that most necrolytes and death knights either died or returned to Draenor.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey! Love what you've done so far man, I'm having a lot of fun with what you've got and the campaign feels a bit like how OutsiderXE makes his. I did encounter into a problem in the first mission, and I'm not sure if you've fixed it yet. I pressed ESC to exit out of Elemental Mastery/Hero Abilities and it sent me straight back to the start of mission one. I'm guessing the map assumes the player is skipping the first cinematic?

Hey! Love what you've done so far man, I'm having a lot of fun with what you've got and the campaign feels a bit like how OutsiderXE makes his. I did encounter into a problem in the first mission, and I'm not sure if you've fixed it yet. I pressed ESC to exit out of Elemental Mastery/Hero Abilities and it sent me straight back to the start of mission one. I'm guessing the map assumes the player is skipping the first cinematic?
Hm, thanks for the observation. I'm gonna look at the problem.

Level 5
I also find it a bit sad that once you reach the Defiled Fountain of Life in the second mission, you get teleported to the correct path and aren't able to walk back. I was hoping to turn back since I was pretty sure the optional quest, the one about the dragon was back near the town was.

Level 29
I saw the interlude:

"orcs" not "orc's"

Kel'Thuzad is a member of the Kirin Tor, so he answers to the Council, not to King Terenas.

Baron Rivendare was a landowner, so he wasn't a general. Maybe he recruited some men as some sort of private army.

After the attack on Dalaran, the orcs retreated to the Dark Portal. Their only goal in Azeroth was to recover artifacts so that Ner'zhul could summon portals to another worlds.
Instead you could say that these attacks made the orcs that were previously scattered across Lordaerom become bolder and they started attacking for revenge

I saw the interlude:

"orcs" not "orc's"

Kel'Thuzad is a member of the Kirin Tor, so he answers to the Council, not to King Terenas.

Baron Rivendare was a landowner, so he wasn't a general. Maybe he recruited some men as some sort of private army.

After the attack on Dalaran, the orcs retreated to the Dark Portal. Their only goal in Azeroth was to recover artifacts so that Ner'zhul could summon portals to another worlds.
Instead you could say that these attacks made the orcs that were previously scattered across Lordaerom become bolder and they started attacking for revenge
Then who could assist Kel'Thuzad? Which character can replace them?
Could this be a few years of scenes?
Alexandros Mograine maybe?

I try to replace with this:
"You too, unfortunatelly I bring bad news, orcs have attacked Dalaran. I'm here to spread the news to this part of the kingdom to help prepare."

Last edited:
Level 29
Then who could assist Kel'Thuzad? Which character can replace them?
Could this be a few years of scenes?
Alexandros Mograine maybe?

Rivendare could be leading a squadron of militia and mercenaries to patrol the area in case orcs returned. Since he became a death knight, he must have had military experience.

There is a hint of tragedy in Rivendare's story. He lived in Stratholme, and Stratholme was destroyed by the Horde during the Second War. He had a wife, but she was never mentioned.
Do you get what I am trying to imply?

I try to replace with this:
"You too, unfortunatelly I bring bad news, orcs have attacked Dalaran. I'm here to spread the news to this part of the kingdom to help prepare."

Sounds better.

Rivendare could be leading a squadron of militia and mercenaries to patrol the area in case orcs returned. Since he became a death knight, he must have had military experience.

There is a hint of tragedy in Rivendare's story. He lived in Stratholme, and Stratholme was destroyed by the Horde during the Second War. He had a wife, but she was never mentioned.
Do you get what I am trying to imply?
She never mentioned? Why? :confused:
Rivendare never mentioned her, or in the lore?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.