1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of the Gigantes v1.35

Submitted by APproject
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
RotG Details
[​IMG]

Rise of the Gigantes
v1.35

Introduction / Author's word

This is few hour gameplay long single player RPG. Map is fully voice recorded, it also contain various models as well as two ancient-greece-like music tracks so that is the reason of its size. Map contain over 40 custom units, 18 custom items, certain spells are up to choose. Gameplay is intense, it sometimes require to be smart or to be very quick, it is also needed to know game mechanics to play successfully. Map contain two game modes: Normal & Advanced. Advanced one is harder, it also may produce more items, enemy units or even unit special ability changes. There are 4 terrain and environment art types. Map is not protected. It took 18 days to create the map. (2012-06-20 - 2012-07-07)

Why to pay the time and download? Because it is challenging, intense, atmospheric and skill & insight requiring game even though it is rather short. It is also based on an interpretation of ancient greek myth. I am also not planning to add new hero or something, I am not planning to reduce its size as well. Map may cause leaks, but it is single player so it is not a matter of importance, leaks are minor. Feel free to do with the map whatever you wish.

UPDATE

Mac friendly map version by PurgeandFire:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=iazysn

[​IMG]

Storyline

Time ago, Zeus the deity of the skies imprisoned dangerious and evil titans in the pit of Tartarus for the greater good. The titans were the blood of Gaia the goddess of Earth, sons of her. Tremendous anger filled Gaia and she now seek to dethrone Zeus himself and to unleash her anger upon earth.

She gave birth to the tribe Gigantes and one creature known as the father of all monsters. She sent the creature and the tribe of giants upon earth and Zeus in order to exact her avenge.

The horrors pierce earth like never before and it seem to be far from ending.

[​IMG]

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoSjkjJd8bY&list=HL1341768492&feature=mh_lolz

[​IMG]

Credits

Credits
Makers

APproject

Music

Ancient Greek Track #1
Ancient Greek Track #2

Sounds

All over the internet

Voice

APproject

The Hiveworkshop

Models

Tarrasque
Dionesiist
paladinjst
Tr!KzZ
Forgotten_Warlord
Pyramidhe@d
EdwardSwolenToe
Just_Spectating + Dentothor
Norinrad
DonDustin
Revilo
Sheyd
Klayton
Kitabatake
Nasrudin
Tykkimies
Amigurumi
takakenji
tobyfat50
darkdeathknight
Ribenamania
eubz
!!GORO!!
sPy
M0rbid
RightField
PeeKay
Thrikodius
Tranquil
Miseracord
Pyramidhe@d
BloodElf300
Ket
Uncle Fester
Buster
Chriz.
Fuzzyfury
Pins
Sephiroth_VII
JetFangInferno
SuPa-
Kuhneghetz
olofmoleman
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
neogaidenx
tomv8
Callahan
Misha
Oniwaga
chilla_killa
Horn
Frankster
diosilva16
Red
Sunchips
Lordan12
Champara Bros
shamanyouranus
D4RK_G4ND4LF
Nirvendor

Icons

PeeKay
xDeathKnightx
CRAZYRUSSIAN
BeTaGod-
Hellx-Magnus
AbstractCreativity
Palaslayer

Warcraft 3 Campaigns

Models

Callahan
xXm0rpH3usXx
Daelin
Mc !
olofmoleman
SUPa-

Lowpoly Workshop

Models

Judash

Chaos Realm

Models

Judash
maotao11

Knockback System

Paladon

Charge System

Zanekok & Pharaoh_

Loading Screen

Banefull

Screenshots (Count: 6)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Change Log
v1.1

Corrected Volcano Slash tooltip
Added echo and modified the amplitude of Zeus' and Typhoeus' voices
Added weather effect in the final collision with Typhoeus
Increased the time intervals between Typhoeus constant voice
Typhoeus Morphed now may be forced to cast abilities
Increased Typhoeus fight scene's timer from 12 minutes to 15 minutes

v1.2

Fixed waygate confusion in mount Olympus
Improved Volcano Slash ability, now speed may appear properly

v1.3

Reduced mana regeneration time of Fierceful Slam
Hopefully fixed Volcano Slash and Hold Position confusion
Increased Achilles' Helmet healing by 50

v1.35

Fixed Treasure Creation area Stone of Return issue

[​IMG]

Keywords:
APproject, greek, greece, mythology, myth, rise, of, the, gigantes, single, player, RPG, rotg, interpretation.
Contents

Rise of the Gigantes v1.35 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jul/07 22:16:15 Comment: [Approved] Overall an awesome RPG experience! No need to mention the mana cost in the description (Volcano Slash Create an exclamation mark over a quest target Make picking up gold...
  1. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks. :) Give it a shot.
    Haha, guess you shouldn't attack wrong people then.

2. Gen Bloodhorn

Gen Bloodhorn

Resources:
    Resources:
    who is the better god to worship?

ZEUS?

ATHENA?

OR THE OTHER one?

BTW, Cheat Detector Doesn't Work :p I cheated Keysersoze to buy armor and
    Whosyourdaddy to kill Non-boss enemies because it detects when i kill bosses and
    mini-bosses with whosyourdaddy :D so make it better

3. Strange_Kid

Strange_Kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    downloading... seems good :D

4. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All gods are good as they have their own benefits combined with certain blessing. It is balanced.

Yeah, anti-cheat is very minor and simple, it may detect only large amount of resource increase and attacking only certain bosses. It was made just for simple warning not to cheat. I could implent anti-cheat system by Kitabatake which would fully protect from cheats, but I don't see a big point in it after all. A decent player wouldn't use cheats anyway.

Give it a shot. :)

5. Strange_Kid

Strange_Kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    fatal error when load game. It dont have any unit beside the hero on screen at saving time, what cause the crash?
    The greek commander sound so... straight, like no emotion at all, its funny how everyone panicked while he speak in such manner :D

6. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I honestly have no idea why it crashes, I only had one crash in a ton of testing savings.
    Haha, I had to keep the voice, emotions would break commander's unique sound. Glad it was funny. :)

7. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hmm Rise of the "Gigantes"?? Is this related in anyway with Greeks? because Gigantes in Greek means Giants:D

8. Dark One

Dark One

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, amazing... I have no words to say about that...

9. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Review:

Terrain: 4\5
    I personally like the terrain, though i think typhon's tomb must be darker. Also, the leaves should be under trees.

Spells\Abilities: 5\5
    The spells are very good, i like them, nothing to say here.

Gameplay: 4\5
    Nice gameplay, a little hard though. Especially on the 2nd boss and the ''Butcher the Resistor''.

Result: 4\5

Overall a very nice and fun to play map, just it has some little issues. If u fix them i'll increases my rating to 5\5! :)

10. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hey dude, that's an awesome map you got there! terrain it's self is wonderful but i found some minor problems while playing:

Ctrl+C will unlock the Camera, you should make a loop trigger and lock the camera into the unit every 2-3 seconds.

There is a point in the first town that you can see the ground "move", watch video below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmbJ90BVcE0

i only played 3-4 minutes since i got stuck in the first town and didn't know how to leave o.o
    since i have a lot of free time nowadays i might make a gameplay video soon for fun!

good luck with your project & 5/5 +rep from me;)

11. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your replies, guys.

@Sin'dorei300

Hmm, the Tomb is rather lighty because of all these lights from the ceiling, there are many of those and it makes it really bright, I personally find it cute this way. You are right, leaves should be under trees, but it doesn't look much of leaves to me though. The leaves tile is too blurry from up high and it works really well with grass tile to keep the variaty colors of the ground.

Well, if you find it difficult, save before approaching the boss / Butcher and try few times if not being successful. Finishing entire game without effort is not what I sought. :) Try Advanced after Normal, it might ask even more effort.

@xorkatoss

The ground do not move for me at all. It must be something with graphics options I guess. I checked tiles' height. The one that moves is different from each other by nearly 60 height points. It should not be happening. I guess it is your PC's resolution's or objects quality fault.

Look closer and you'll find way out. :)

Thank you for your ratings, guys.

12. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hmm at first i thought that was caused because i had everything on Low, then i changed everything on High and turned Unit Shadows and Occlusion ON but i still had the moving floor O.O perhaps the problem is my Graphic Card or smth?

well anyway it's not anything special:p

13. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    cheat control.. I wanted to curse you to high heaven :p

though because of the cheat, i discovered something strange, at least for the first boss, he's invulnerable and rushes at you, and you have to drag him lill bit along the way you came so you can use the friken horn... then the freak anti-cheat defeated me

so much for lazy playthrough.. and i didn't even figured what model of mine you used >/

14. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Haha. Well, I don't really understand what have you discovered. You drag the boss, use horn and you get defeat? When you blow horn, it becomes vulnerable and you can attack him. If Enkelados is killed too fast, there is cheat detect. There is no way to kill it without cheats and trigger cheat detection.

I am using your model Bat'leth, it really fit well with Tarrasque's model Armored Ghost, picture below.
    Screenie
    [​IMG]

15. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    ya i cheated :p but still, isn't there any cheat.. to disable your anti-cheat? :p

16. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just don't cheat! My anti-cheat system is very lacking, you can trick it by checking out the triggers in World Editor, or you can delete it completely if you wish to go through the map with your eyes closed. :ogre_hurrhurr:

17. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    :p still here's a lill for pretty nice game C:

18. MecrenReaver321

MecrenReaver321

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your map file is too big,anyone want to help me pls!!!! I really wan to play it. (REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!)i AM GETTING SICK OF IT,EVERY RPG MAP I DOWNLOAD MUST BE THE FILE IS TOO BIG.I WONDER WHY YOU ALL CAN PLAY THIS MAP.

19. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, maps that says those "Map file is too big" can only be played in Single Player. Ill give you more info.... Any map that exceeds 8MB cannot be played in LAN and will say "Map file is too big". In single player, you can play any map... there's no limit to it. So I Prefer PLAY THIS GAME At SINGLE PLAYER NOT IN LAN.

Glad I helped you!
    :thumbs_up:

20. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think he meant that it is hard to download due to low connection speed. Or he actually play on lan?
    Put this map in my Maps folder in Wc3 directory and launch game, go Single Player and open map there.