• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Gigantes v1.35

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
RotG Details
rotgbanner1.png

Rise of the Gigantes
v1.35

Introduction / Author's word

This is few hour gameplay long single player RPG. Map is fully voice recorded, it also contain various models as well as two ancient-greece-like music tracks so that is the reason of its size. Map contain over 40 custom units, 18 custom items, certain spells are up to choose. Gameplay is intense, it sometimes require to be smart or to be very quick, it is also needed to know game mechanics to play successfully. Map contain two game modes: Normal & Advanced. Advanced one is harder, it also may produce more items, enemy units or even unit special ability changes. There are 4 terrain and environment art types. Map is not protected. It took 18 days to create the map. (2012-06-20 - 2012-07-07)

Why to pay the time and download? Because it is challenging, intense, atmospheric and skill & insight requiring game even though it is rather short. It is also based on an interpretation of ancient greek myth. I am also not planning to add new hero or something, I am not planning to reduce its size as well. Map may cause leaks, but it is single player so it is not a matter of importance, leaks are minor. Feel free to do with the map whatever you wish.

UPDATE

Mac friendly map version by PurgeandFire:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=iazysn

rotgbanner3.png

Storyline

Time ago, Zeus the deity of the skies imprisoned dangerious and evil titans in the pit of Tartarus for the greater good. The titans were the blood of Gaia the goddess of Earth, sons of her. Tremendous anger filled Gaia and she now seek to dethrone Zeus himself and to unleash her anger upon earth.

She gave birth to the tribe Gigantes and one creature known as the father of all monsters. She sent the creature and the tribe of giants upon earth and Zeus in order to exact her avenge.

The horrors pierce earth like never before and it seem to be far from ending.

rotgbanner2.png

Video

rotgbanner5.png

Credits

Credits
Makers

APproject

Music

Ancient Greek Track #1
Ancient Greek Track #2

Sounds

All over the internet

Voice

APproject

The Hiveworkshop

Models

Tarrasque
Dionesiist
paladinjst
Tr!KzZ
Forgotten_Warlord
Pyramidhe@d
EdwardSwolenToe
Just_Spectating + Dentothor
Norinrad
DonDustin
Revilo
Sheyd
Klayton
Kitabatake
Nasrudin
Tykkimies
Amigurumi
takakenji
tobyfat50
darkdeathknight
Ribenamania
eubz
!!GORO!!
sPy
M0rbid
RightField
PeeKay
Thrikodius
Tranquil
Miseracord
Pyramidhe@d
BloodElf300
Ket
Uncle Fester
Buster
Chriz.
Fuzzyfury
Pins
Sephiroth_VII
JetFangInferno
SuPa-
Kuhneghetz
olofmoleman
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
neogaidenx
tomv8
Callahan
Misha
Oniwaga
chilla_killa
Horn
Frankster
diosilva16
Red
Sunchips
Lordan12
Champara Bros
shamanyouranus
D4RK_G4ND4LF
Nirvendor

Icons

PeeKay
xDeathKnightx
CRAZYRUSSIAN
BeTaGod-
Hellx-Magnus
AbstractCreativity
Palaslayer

Warcraft 3 Campaigns

Models

Callahan
xXm0rpH3usXx
Daelin
Mc !
olofmoleman
SUPa-

Lowpoly Workshop

Models

Judash

Chaos Realm

Models

Judash
maotao11

Knockback System

Paladon

Charge System

Zanekok & Pharaoh_

Loading Screen

Banefull

ss1ao.png

ss2oc.png

ss3rt.png

ss4eo.png

ss5uc.png

ss6k.png
v1.1

Corrected Volcano Slash tooltip
Added echo and modified the amplitude of Zeus' and Typhoeus' voices
Added weather effect in the final collision with Typhoeus
Increased the time intervals between Typhoeus constant voice
Typhoeus Morphed now may be forced to cast abilities
Increased Typhoeus fight scene's timer from 12 minutes to 15 minutes

v1.2

Fixed waygate confusion in mount Olympus
Improved Volcano Slash ability, now speed may appear properly

v1.3

Reduced mana regeneration time of Fierceful Slam
Hopefully fixed Volcano Slash and Hold Position confusion
Increased Achilles' Helmet healing by 50

v1.35

Fixed Treasure Creation area Stone of Return issue

rotgbanner4.png

Keywords:
APproject, greek, greece, mythology, myth, rise, of, the, gigantes, single, player, RPG, rotg, interpretation.
Contents

Rise of the Gigantes v1.35 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jul/07 22:16:15 Comment: [Approved] Overall an awesome RPG experience! No need to mention the mana cost in the description (Volcano Slash Create an exclamation mark over a quest target Make picking up gold...
Level 31
Thank you for your replies, guys.

@Sin'dorei300

Hmm, the Tomb is rather lighty because of all these lights from the ceiling, there are many of those and it makes it really bright, I personally find it cute this way. You are right, leaves should be under trees, but it doesn't look much of leaves to me though. The leaves tile is too blurry from up high and it works really well with grass tile to keep the variaty colors of the ground.

Well, if you find it difficult, save before approaching the boss / Butcher and try few times if not being successful. Finishing entire game without effort is not what I sought. :) Try Advanced after Normal, it might ask even more effort.

@xorkatoss

The ground do not move for me at all. It must be something with graphics options I guess. I checked tiles' height. The one that moves is different from each other by nearly 60 height points. It should not be happening. I guess it is your PC's resolution's or objects quality fault.

Look closer and you'll find way out. :)

Thank you for your ratings, guys.

Level 19
B]@xorkatoss [/B]

The ground do not move for me at all. It must be something with graphics options I guess. I checked tiles' height. The one that moves is different from each other by nearly 60 height points. It should not be happening. I guess it is your PC's resolution's or objects quality fault.

Look closer and you'll find way out. :)

Thank you for your ratings, guys.
hmm at first i thought that was caused because i had everything on Low, then i changed everything on High and turned Unit Shadows and Occlusion ON but i still had the moving floor O.O perhaps the problem is my Graphic Card or smth?

well anyway it's not anything special:p

cheat control.. I wanted to curse you to high heaven :p

though because of the cheat, i discovered something strange, at least for the first boss, he's invulnerable and rushes at you, and you have to drag him lill bit along the way you came so you can use the friken horn... then the freak anti-cheat defeated me

so much for lazy playthrough.. and i didn't even figured what model of mine you used >/

Level 31
Haha. Well, I don't really understand what have you discovered. You drag the boss, use horn and you get defeat? When you blow horn, it becomes vulnerable and you can attack him. If Enkelados is killed too fast, there is cheat detect. There is no way to kill it without cheats and trigger cheat detection.

I am using your model Bat'leth, it really fit well with Tarrasque's model Armored Ghost, picture below.
clipboardgu.jpg

Haha. Well, I don't really understand what have you discovered. You drag the boss, use horn and you get defeat? When you blow horn, it becomes vulnerable and you can attack him. If Enkelados is killed too fast, there is cheat detect. There is no way to kill it without cheats and trigger cheat detection.

I am using your model Bat'leth, it really fit well with Tarrasque's model Armored Ghost, picture below.
clipboardgu.jpg

ya i cheated :p but still, isn't there any cheat.. to disable your anti-cheat? :p

Level 2
Your map file is too big,anyone want to help me pls!!!! I really wan to play it. (REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!)i AM GETTING SICK OF IT,EVERY RPG MAP I DOWNLOAD MUST BE THE FILE IS TOO BIG.I WONDER WHY YOU ALL CAN PLAY THIS MAP.

Level 4
Your map file is too big,anyone want to help me pls!!!! I really wan to play it. (REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!)i AM GETTING SICK OF IT,EVERY RPG MAP I DOWNLOAD MUST BE THE FILE IS TOO BIG.I WONDER WHY YOU ALL CAN PLAY THIS MAP.

Well, maps that says those "Map file is too big" can only be played in Single Player. Ill give you more info.... Any map that exceeds 8MB cannot be played in LAN and will say "Map file is too big". In single player, you can play any map... there's no limit to it. So I Prefer PLAY THIS GAME At SINGLE PLAYER NOT IN LAN.

Glad I helped you!
:thumbs_up:

Level 31
Well, maps that says those "Map file is too big" can only be played in Single Player. Ill give you more info.... Any map that exceeds 8MB cannot be played in LAN and will say "Map file is too big". In single player, you can play any map... there's no limit to it. So I Prefer PLAY THIS GAME At SINGLE PLAYER NOT IN LAN.

Glad I helped you!
I think he meant that it is hard to download due to low connection speed. Or he actually play on lan?
Put this map in my Maps folder in Wc3 directory and launch game, go Single Player and open map there.

Level 6
This map is really good, except for one thing: the last boss is freaking imposible to kill. I don't know if I chose the wrong powers at the beginning (I chose everything about Zeus), but the last boss is not hard, is freaking imposible to beat. After a while it begins to summon tons of minions and the little reinforcements become completely useless. Out of the sudden I'm fighting 50 monsters and the boss at the same time, that with out mentioning that Typhoeus has a homing attack wich hits me every time, while I'm dodging a billion missiles and by that time, Typhoeus is healing faster than what I'm able to inflict in terms of damage, even having the last spells in maximum level (Zeus wrath and the one that deals 600 damage). I think you should make something about this, perhaps making it summon less minions or reduce Typhoeus regeneration to zero, because rigth now the only way to beat the game is cheating. Besides that, is a very nice map.

Last edited:
Level 31
Thanks, Plasma_Boy. Well, yes it is really hard, and it is possible, I managed to complete it on Advanced without cheating, perhaps it was easier for me because I knew all the mechanics and how it all worked. I suggest you to burst Typhoeus at the very beginning as hard as you can, in this case pure Zeus is not so effective, stun and area of effect damage is not really what you need to max out damage done to one target. When there are too many minions, run around Typhoes in circles, heal and save, when saved, attack Typhoes once, go back and run another circle, save after each successful attack and soon its health may become zero. When Typhoes dies, all minions around it dies immediately, don't relax when it dies, Typhoes may morph into another being, watch out for lifebinding spheres as well. Good luck!

Level 4
I just notice the game looks an cuz only few are commenting but I must say this is only the first game that you will need to have tactics to beat a BOSS. It makes the game fun. All of your games are cool.

....Im waiting for your Seth's Reign.....:thumbs_up:

Level 6
Well finally I completed the map, I have to say is a very nice map, in terms of terrain, gameplay, music, spells and models. I have to say that in the battle against Typhoeus, its transformation was easier to beat than his previous form. The only thing I don't like is that from the experience of playing the game, I can tell that when you choose the ultimate power of your hero, if you don't choose the one of Ares, is verly unlikely that you may defeat Typhoeus, and that in normal mode, because I guess in advanced it must be imposible (I didn't played it in adavanced mode). One thing you should consider is to ask for the help of someone to aid you with the dialogues and the grammar, because even though english is not my native language, I saw some things that were written badly. I tell you this because I see you put a lot of effort in the map, so it would be nice to polish that part to keep the sense of epicness of the game.
Also when you talk to Zeus at the beginning, the voice has an echo, but when you talk with him at the end of the game, his voice is normal.

Overall 5/5!

Last edited:
Level 31
Thank you. I appreciate your suggestions. Currently I am busy woth another project and I have no free time to record new text based on corrections though. Oh, I forgot to add echo? I may fix it in upcoming update, not sure when though. Thank you again.

Level 1
Rise of the Gigantes... the only first RPG in Warcraft that has the strong enemies and bosses, not too hard and not too easy! This is the factor that makes the game cool. It's like Im playing Diablo!

Let me review your map based on what I play. But first view this score screen!

... Ok, let me introduce to you, the Score Screen! This is your guidelines for the score you will recieve after the review so read this first!

IF...
you got 1-10 out of 50 points = A rating of 1/5 and no REP

you got 11-20 out of 50 points = A rating of 2/5 and no REP

you got 21-30 out of 50 points = A rating of 3/5 and +REP

you got 31-40 out of 50 points = A rating of 4/5 and +REP

you got 41-50 out of 50 points = A rating of 5/5 and +REP

GAMEPLAY: 10/10
... I see nothing wrong with the gameplay as far as I played... The gameplay is great. Mythology is really great!

TRIGGERS: (Includes voice acting) 7/10
...Based on my playing experience, you really have used many triggers to activate musics, display texts, random events and more... Good job for the effort but the problem is the voice acting. I see only little effort in the voice acting but that's okay! This map is still open for improvements.

ITEMS: 6/10
...Too few items! Make some more. An RPG should have lots of items. For example, there are only 2 items in the shop of Town Herugnos! Remember that Items is a part that makes RPG game cool.

TERRAIN: 10/10
... Fantastic terrain! You are really good at this one. So neat and makes the game realistic and makes the game beautiful. But I sometimes see some moving tiles. I dont know if its in my graphics card or in your game but that's nothing to do with this factor. So lets move on!

USER FRIENDLY: 10/10
... I see no lags in the game and its easy to learn the mechanics in the game. The game is user friendly!

TOTAL: 43/50
... That's almost perfect! The only problem is the voice acting and the items. Improve this game and you'll achieve success. So for now, I rate this map 4/5 and I give you a +REP!

EDIT 1: Looks like I need to spread +REP to REP you again and to be a member for 10 days so I can rate your map. Well, for now I'll spread and after 10 days, I'll rate your map!

Last edited:
Level 31
thx for providing this single player RPG!!
You're welcome. :)

Thanks, FinalMix. Well yes, voice acting is rather blunt here, but at least it is not only a floating text. :) Not many items indeed, but as for map's size I believe it have enough of items. But hey, it is 43/50, it should have been 5/5 according to your table!

Level 1
You're welcome. :)

Thanks, FinalMix. Well yes, voice acting is rather blunt here, but at least it is not only a floating text. :) Not many items indeed, but as for map's size I believe it have enough of items. But hey, it is 43/50, it should have been 5/5 according to your table!

Good thing, you have pointed my mistakes in the rating.... well 4/5 to 5/5!: Good Job!

Level 5
hey man! very nice map too =) im at the last Boss now! but i got 1 question: do the amethysts have any purpose than selling themm for Gold? thx!

Level 4
Thank you for your kind words. :)

In short, no.

Camera lock on hero was made for comfort. For me, for example, it is way better than a loose camera, it add stability.

As for heights, as you may have already noticed, it is locked only in certain places, such as in Temple, on the bridge or fighting a boss. You need camera lock in order to keep the distance from the ground. For example, on the bridge if normal camera was set, you would see extremely zoomed view, because the ground is rather far from the bridge. In temple you need camera extension because the path is narrow enough to ruin camera heights, it may cause zoming again and loss of camera view space. For boss you need camera lock only for bigger camera area of view so that you don't bother of big unit size taking half of the screen and simply see more around yourself because sometimes there is a lot of happening around, height also help to see where Rune spawn. So in order to set the height, camera lock is needed.

If you wish to explore map before playing, open it through Editor.

While 'Camera Lock' has its uses and can be cool, that's why it's called a -zoom [CMD] System (from values 200-3500+.) And there's also a way to make a loose camera more stable by not making it so sensitive each time your cursor goes to the side of the screen. I forget the trigger/code line exactly, but it's there.

The Zoom System in my game (linked below) also has a command where you just type -zoom and it sets the value you previously had before in case you hit your Scroll Wheel by accident instead of having to type the value again.

If you'd like to use my Zoom System, you can copy from my sample map in this PasteBin http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=ym63z6

It is easily customizable. Just CnP it to try it out.

One thing I like to use is this line if you'd like to automatically set all player cameras at a high value from the get-go.

• Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real(3500)) over 0.00 seconds
If you were to put the above in your Map Init (Triggering Player) would of course have to be related to in a variable. Or you can use a player group to pick every player, but that causes a leak if you do it that way. It can be cleaned though.

Just something to think about or try out.

Last edited:
Level 1
man i always lose IN ALL YOUR MAPS RPGS OR WHATEVER! IS WHOSYOURDADDY
CHEAT AVAILABLE TO USE IN RISE OF THE GIGANTES!?

Level 1
Sorry im just tired because of my sister shes just so naughty as she wrecked my 1st computer that i recieved last march

Level 2
I played it for a bit (couldn't pass the big Snake thing who just headbutt the floor as it's life depended on it), I realize how much work you put into this and I respect it.

Please consider this as a constructive critic:
- The dialog isn't skipabble (don't get me wrong I read it the first time, but i don't wanna read and wait for it to finish every time I play the map).
- I think whoever did the voicing has talent and did a good job at least for most of the map characters and dialog, but some dialog/characters were just a off. Still it's very good.
- The Zeus Voice with echo following is so FREAKING EPIC! But his dialog is so long that it actually starts to get a bit annoying.
- Shadowing (I think using shadowing is actually hurting the map, at least in the first Town we play in, the temple shadows were a bit unstable and miss coordinated, I guess you wanted to put as much realism to it as possible, but at the end of the day it is still a game)
- Choosing abilities with Zeus (This comes as just a Suggestion, maybe make a description for the god's blessings we have to pick)?

I would like to finish by saying i have a general concern with the stomp ability which causes knock back, i am worried if it will entrap enemies units behind objects and other sorts, I haven't played the map much so i can't really tell if this would ever happen but it's something you should try to prevent if possible, if you still haven't done it yet.

P.S - When i use "you" i am just directing the message to the person(s) responsible for this map and the specific section involved.

Sorry if anything i said made "you" feel uncomfortable, i loved your map :)

Level 8
Huh,don't know where to start from.
First, I lost half of the time playing this map on picking up gold. The camera when entering the temple is too low placed, there should be a fast way of returning back after boss fight, there is no exclamation mark above the commander. some battles are too long and boring, gates and treasures have too big health, movement speed of the hero should be increased, zeus dialog is too long and you can't skip cinematics, item sellers in town should be somehow marked so they can be found more easily, but as I like Greek mythology you will get 5/5.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
There is a splendid visual atmosphere and the gameplay is neat.

-voice acting... no feeling man...
-teleported back to Olympus instead of the town after talking to Zeus (maybe because I went straight through it and not clicked on it?); worked on load
-worm fight is not that interesting; you can't really dodge its attacks unless the evasion is working; you can only attack them with spells
-too much regeneration for the first giant boss; can't 1v1 him; it's only beatable while some of the other allies are alive
-spells temporary lag the game
-creatures behind the northern door of the arena can be killed
-there's a video glitch with the terrain in the burial ground
-so, I guess Achilles was not buried there
-Temple Sweeper; is he cleaning?
-Forceful Slam pushes the life binding balls to melee unreachable places
-boy, that sure was a tight fight with the second giant; also the camera can't be rotated afterwards too see the gold
-that terrain glitch is present in the northwestern part of the map as well...
-is Unghor supposed to appear if the Butcher is not killed? I mean that butcher can't be killed in one go; he's immune to magic and attacks like a Gatling gun
-OK... Unghor kills the hero in a matter of two booms, nice
-that last boss, stun+minions; that's not the problem; the bonus shadowy part when he has low health is
-everything goes smooth until this part of the game

I recommend this over Iceborn since that one is much more difficult.
By the way, did you play any of the God of War series or the games Titan Quest and/or Spartan Total Warrior?

4/5.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey!
Still am not used by how the camera always follows the character, but i've played Seth's reign before, and it's as fun as this so I have no qualms against this.
RECOMMENDED!