• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Rise of the Blood Elves - Enchanted Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
WOW, nice updateds, why don't u relised a "beta version" here in this post, for use playing and give some suggestion or find bugs ?

Level 24
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah:grin:

You have not really payed attention too this at all have you? Chapter 5 is already completed and soon Chapter 6 will be as well, or at least if tomoraider keeps the current pace up.

Last edited:
Level 27
You have not really payed attention too this at all have you? Chapter 5 is already completed and soon Chapter 6 will be as well, or at least if tomoraider keeps the current pace up.

I kind of took a break from the campaign now, will probably continue working on it soon :3

But, chapter six is almost done.

In the meantime, a new screenshot!

[
2liihvo.jpg

Level 16
tomoraider, on that map, controlling 5 heroes would be a bitch and unless I'm wrong(since the blue base is visible as well) that means control over two bases simultaneously. Well I'm just happy for the difficulty on that map, that's what I wanted to say, although I'm not very sure about 5 heroes.. In my mind it sounds like severe pain for my left hand.
Edit: UNLESS, you make the 5-th hero a tank with 3 passive abilities, that might work I suppose.

Level 27
tomoraider, on that map, controlling 5 heroes would be a bitch and unless I'm wrong(since the blue base is visible as well) that means control over two bases simultaneously. Well I'm just happy for the difficulty on that map, that's what I wanted to say, although I'm not very sure about 5 heroes.. In my mind it sounds like severe pain for my left hand.
Edit: UNLESS, you make the 5-th hero a tank with 3 passive abilities, that might work I suppose.

Actually, you're not going to be controlling the blue base, I thought about it, but since Sylvanas already has another campaign for her, she's gonna be controlled by an AI.

I think controlling 5 heroes might make it a bit too easy, but I just don't know how else to do it.

EDIT: I was thinking about splitting them across those two bases... but since there are boats... yeah. Perhaps I could just cut out the boats, and make it crossable by the bridge on a different spot, but then the campaign wouldn't have a map with boats.

Level 16
Well you could always cheat yourself to victory if you're just in on it for the story.
That's out of the question my friend, I never cheat 'cos it ruins the enthusiasm and beauty of the gameplay, and shows no respect for map maker's efforts, imo
(Reply to tomoraider's quote)
Okay then let me give you an idea, although i got no knowledge how you do it(im not a map maker), but I've seen some campaigns which have it..
you could separate the time when the heroes 'appear', example two/three heroes for one part of the mission(i.ex: capture 1~2 observatories), and have them removed from gameplay once the first part of the mission is completed, and THEN have the left two/three heroes(appear) accomplish the other part of the mission that's left.
Of course this might be too difficult to make, that's why I'm only suggesting this as I said, I got no knowledge in map making! :ogre_haosis:

Level 24
Okay then let me give you an idea, although i got no knowledge how you do it(im not a map maker), but I've seen some campaigns which have it..
you could separate the time when the heroes 'appear', example two/three heroes for one part of the mission(i.ex: capture 1~2 observatories), and have them removed from gameplay once the first part of the mission is completed, and THEN have the left two/three heroes(appear) accomplish the other part of the mission that's left.
Of course this might be too difficult to make, that's why I'm only suggesting this as I said, I got no knowledge in map making! :ogre_haosis:

It's not a bad idea not to mention it's very easy to implement such a function.

Level 27
That's out of the question my friend, I never cheat 'cos it ruins the enthusiasm and beauty of the gameplay, and shows no respect for map maker's efforts, imo

Just as Razosh said, this would be very easy to make.

Not sure though, I'll see what I can do, thanks for the suggestions :3

Level 27
Well it would be pretty damn great to play as Sylvanas, she is after all a pretty cool character. So I really like knight26's idea.

She's going to be playable in one other map.

The reason why I don't want to make her playable in every map she appears in is because I already made another campaign for her. Blood elves also appeared in her campaign and they weren't playable there.

Oh, and I've started working on the campaign again. Will probably finish chapter six soon.

Level 24
She's going to be playable in one other map.

The reason why I don't want to make her playable in every map she appears in is because I already made another campaign for her. Blood elves also appeared in her campaign and they weren't playable there.

Oh, and I've started working on the campaign again. Will probably finish chapter six soon.

Well still, you could make the entire campaign focused around the sin'dorei and still include some Sylvanas gameplay without taking the focus away from the sin'dorei, but as long as she is playable in another map I'm super happy. :)

Level 16
I just got an idea how I could sort out the 5 heroes problem. I'll just make the enemy AI stronger and attack more often, to even it out.

Well you could do that, but still I would hate it if I prepared for an attack and went out with some of my heroes, and the enemy attacks my camp at the same time. In most cases I'd end up losing many troops/towers in the base, also failing the attack with the other strike group.
That's why I think 5 heroes at once requires great focus, not impossible of course, just hard. *Unless as I said earlier i get some tank heroes(something similar to Varian in the Forsaken campaign), I suppose that would even the odds, but from the screenshot, I see more ranged/agility and mage/intellect heroes :vw_death:
Edit: nevermind, after reading the new spell changes and the new unit(blood knight), I suppose it's fair the way it is, I mean some challenge wont hurt :)

Level 27
Well you could do that, but still I would hate it if I prepared for an attack and went out with some of my heroes, and the enemy attacks my camp at the same time. In most cases I'd end up losing many troops/towers in the base, also failing the attack with the other strike group.
That's why I think 5 heroes at once requires great focus, not impossible of course, just hard. *Unless as I said earlier i get some tank heroes(something similar to Varian in the Forsaken campaign), I suppose that would even the odds, but from the screenshot, I see more ranged/agility and mage/intellect heroes :vw_death:
Edit: nevermind, after reading the new spell changes and the new unit(blood knight), I suppose it's fair the way it is, I mean some challenge wont hurt :)

I don't think it will be that hard, one hero is a healing one as well. Once I test the map when it's done, I'll let you know :3

Level 24
You could always make one camp that always function as a work site with no military structures what so ever and one with only military structures so you need to defend the road between the two.

Level 27
New title picture on the first post!

Just to mention, because people might ask, I know she's not a blood elf, but this will be explained in the storyline, and you'll find out once I release the campaign.

The picture might also receive some minor changes.

Level 16
tomorider,
my guess is this, there will be a final/ pre-final map where the sorceress will summon a huge phoenix, but you have to protect her a certain amount of time. (Like protecting Kel-thuzad in RoC original campaign). :3

Level 27
BUMP: The front page has been updated, the titles are now pictures.

And a new screenshot from Chapter Seven. The terrain in the back doesn't look very good because it isn't finished yet, I just wanted to show the atmosphere of the map.

[
qqvcaq.jpg

Level 24
Splendid, from this one we can safely say that Sylvanas Windrunner will be playeble in chapter 7. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.