• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Revenge of Mal'Ganis

What shall I do for this Campaign?

• Add more Heroes

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Add more Custom Imports

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Improve the Storyline

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Improve the Terrains

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • Call off this whole project

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
First of all the campgain has a great storyline here is my review:

This campgain has a great competition with other campgain specially with voice actors and beautiful terrain.
  • There seems to have been no problem with the terrain.
  • The heroes has new icons and models.
  • Voice actors are great in acting (specially with Archimonde)
  • Experienced some lagging in the game.
That was all of everything of my review and there seems to be no problem at all cool campgain and I hope that you continue making this campgain!.This campgain is awsome I marked this 5/5.

Level 3
_If I'm not mistake when we are summing lord Mannoroth, the Alliance must be attacking us as our Lord and
Survivor grand Marshal Garithos says : "well what are we waiting for it "
_and i see you use the FerZ Archimonde model , I have one question would you planned use the Dreadlord FerZ model too ?

((It's awesome model))

Level 29
_If I'm not mistake when we are summing lord Mannoroth, the Alliance must be attacking us as our Lord and
Survivor grand Marshal Garithos says : "well what are we waiting for it "

The AI is not fixed. The creator will fix it once he releases the complete version.

Screenshots of the Upcoming map released.

- Spells (Prince Xavalis)

SYdKE7v.jpg

=====
SPELLS
=====
1) Mana Burn

2) Immolation
3) Corrupted Thorns Aura
4) Animate Dead

- Techtree (Corrupted Ancient of War - Units)
sECNmt2.jpg

====
UNITS
====
1) Satyr Warrior - [BASIC ATTACK UNIT]
2) Satyr Shadowdancer - [BASIC RANGED UNIT]
3) Poison Treant - [BASIC SIEGE UNIT]
4) Plague Treant - [BASIC HEAVY ATTACK UNIT]

=======
UPGRADES
=======
1)
Raise Dead ---> Satyr Warriors
2)
Curse ---> Satyr Shadowdancers
3) Envenomed Weapons ---> Poison Treants

-Techtree (Corrupted Wisp - Structures)
Qq1lHwf.jpg

=======

BUILDINGS
=======
1) Corrupted Tree of Life
2) Corrupted Ancient of War
3) Corrupted Moon Well

4) Corrupted Ancient Protector

Level 29
Screenshots of the Upcoming map released.

- Spells (Prince Xavalis)

SYdKE7v.jpg

=====
SPELLS
=====
1)
Mana Burn

2) Immolation
3) Corrupted Thorns Aura
4) Animate Dead

- Techtree (Corrupted Ancient of War - Units)
sECNmt2.jpg

====
UNITS
====
1) Satyr Warrior - [BASIC ATTACK UNIT]
2) Satyr Shadowdancer - [BASIC RANGED UNIT]
3) Poison Treant - [BASIC SIEGE UNIT]
4) Plague Treant - [BASIC HEAVY ATTACK UNIT]

=======
UPGRADES
=======
1)
Raise Dead ---> Satyr Warriors
2)
Curse ---> Satyr Shadowdancers
3) Envenomed Weapons ---> Poison Treants

-Techtree (Corrupted Wisp - Structures)
Qq1lHwf.jpg

=======

BUILDINGS
=======
1) Corrupted Tree of Life
2) Corrupted Ancient of War
3) Corrupted Moon Well

4) Corrupted Ancient Protector

Good to see you made the prince's abilities like I suggested.
I don't like that Tichondrius has the same icon as Mal'ganis.

8TH UPDATE (5/12/2017)

~*MogulKahn special update*~

• 7th mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post) so help me spot bugs..etc.
+Reputation and credits will be given to those who help/contribute by any means.
• I expect nitpicking reviews so do your best!
• As mentioned before, the map still lacks an AI, Decoration and Music which'll be fixed in the finalized version.

z8zcnHf.jpg

sevWKb2.jpg

Level 29
8TH UPDATE (5/12/2017)

~*MogulKahn special update*~

• 7th mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post) so help me spot bugs..etc.
+Reputation and credits will be given to those who help/contribute by any means.
• As mentioned before, the map still lacks an AI, Decoration and Music which'll be fixed in the finalized version.

z8zcnHf.jpg

sevWKb2.jpg

I already watched. The map is very good, I like that you putted satyrs across the map.

-I don't like the idea that the Keepers are all on the northeast corner. You should spread them across the map.
-We don't gain anything from killing the keepers. Maybe the heroes could gain +2 of all stats?
- I don't like the fact that Tichondrius has both the same icon and abilities of Mal'ganis. He is the leader of the Dreadlords and a powerful commander of the Legion and should have abilities that show it.
-When I finnish a research, it is a night elven voice that announces it, but when I summon a building it is the voice of an acolyte.
- The ending cinematic is too short. Couldn't you put the fight, Arthas telling about the Skull and Mal'ganis hear it?

I already watched. The map is very good, I like that you putted satyrs across the map.

-I don't like the idea that the Keepers are all on the northeast corner. You should spread them across the map.
-We don't gain anything from killing the keepers. Maybe the heroes could gain +2 of all stats? (<--Will fix it in next update)
- I don't like the fact that Tichondrius has both the same icon and abilities of Mal'ganis. He is the leader of the Dreadlords and a powerful commander of the Legion and should have abilities that show it. (<--Will fix it in finalized version)
-When I finnish a research, it is a night elven voice that announces it, but when I summon a building it is the voice of an acolyte. (<--Wil fix it in finalized version)
- The ending cinematic is too short. Couldn't you put the fight, Arthas telling about the Skull and Mal'ganis hear it? (<--Will fix it in next mission)

Level 2
Hello guys, I have a problem playing the map. When i download the file Revenge of Mal'Ganis.w3n, the i open it it says that it doesn't exist. Could u please help me with this ? Thanks in advance !

Level 29
Hello guys, I have a problem playing the map. When i download the file Revenge of Mal'Ganis.w3n, the i open it it says that it doesn't exist. Could u please help me with this ? Thanks in advance !

That is weird. Try to download it again.
I putted on the campaign folder and I managed to play it.

Level 29
The campaign folder ? A folder you've created in the folder maps right ?
Maybe it's because I have a mac ?

Go to your Warcraft III folder and there is a Campaigns folder, which contains all custom campaigns, and put Revenge of Malganis.w3n on it. Enter the game and go to Custom Campaigns and it must be there.
Yes, maybe it is because you have a mac.

Found some mistakes.
-The corrupted wisp has the ability Renew that says that it can heal night elven buildings.
-Tichondrius has lower attack than Prince Xavalis and Winterchill. And his Vampire Touch description says Mal'ganis.
-Prince Xavalis practically has a mixture of Demon Hunter's, Malfurion's and Death Knight's abilities.

Last edited:
Level 15
Played it. 3 thing I would change.

1. You should change spells of Tichondrius to be different from Mal'Ganis.
2. Prince Xavalis need different model. You can find few on this site.
3. Why did you only used basic units for Satyr? Are we going to get another map with a full tech-tree?

Level 14
Played it. 3 thing I would change.

1. You should change spells of Tichondrius to be different from Mal'Ganis.
2. Prince Xavalis need different model. You can find few on this site.
3. Why did you only used basic units for Satyr? Are we going to get another map with a full tech-tree?
Hey MogulKahn how many maps where added only one or two?

Level 5
The Tichondrius icon is a problem, also I think he should have other abilities than Mal'Ganis. Also I feel that the Corrupted Tree being a place to built workers, get upgrades and bring back heroes makes it a little too crowded, maybe you can make it so there is at least an Altar buildin? I was expecting a more epic cinematic, but got a short one that just brought my hopes up. Also the Keepers, they are place too close to each other, and those feneces even stopped one of them from getting his Trent's. I would recommend that you put them atleast close to their base, so that way they are more spread out and not get their Trent's blocked. Also there should be a reward for killing those, I have no problem with Optional Quests that give you nothing but considering their power level they should drop a tome or something. The unit pool seems kind of small and weak, I used the Shadowdancers and the Purple Trents that kind of gave me the victory, but from 4 units I have used 2 to win so maybe that is alright I don't know. And I guess that is all for the moment.

The Tichondrius icon is a problem, also I think he should have other abilities than Mal'Ganis. Also I feel that the Corrupted Tree being a place to built workers, get upgrades and bring back heroes makes it a little too crowded, maybe you can make it so there is at least an Altar buildin? I was expecting a more epic cinematic, but got a short one that just brought my hopes up. Also the Keepers, they are place too close to each other, and those feneces even stopped one of them from getting his Trent's. I would recommend that you put them atleast close to their base, so that way they are more spread out and not get their Trent's blocked. Also there should be a reward for killing those, I have no problem with Optional Quests that give you nothing but considering their power level they should drop a tome or something. The unit pool seems kind of small and weak, I used the Shadowdancers and the Purple Trents that kind of gave me the victory, but from 4 units I have used 2 to win so maybe that is alright I don't know. And I guess that is all for the moment.

Thanks a lot, that was a very solid feedback, will fix most of them in the next update.

Level 5

Okay, so here is what you need to do.

If you have the latest patch for Warcraft 3, you download the file and you go to Documents and find the Warcraft 3 folder, you enter it and inside it there should be a Campaign folder, you put the file you downloaded from here there.

If you have a version older than 1.27, then you download the file from here, you go to your Warcraft 3 folder and put the file from here in the campaign folder.

After you do that, you enter Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne, click the Single Player button and then click the Custom Campaign button, you should find it there with the name "Revenge of Mal'ganis".

Level 2
Ok i finally could play the campaign ! Guy, you did an awesome job ! I had so much fun but i had to finish it in one shot so know i'm waiting what's next with impatience ! For the upgrade u could make, i think that all have already been said but i'll still say :

- the enemy isn't playing so it's a little bit easy
- the fact that u don't keep the " same " hero (abilities, stuff and the stats when u take tomes for example)
- i loved all the missions but the last one with the satyr, i think that there are not enough satyrs etc... As WarcraftLiterature said it, i also used only 2 units

In any case, great job man, i'm looking forward playing to the next chapters ! Thanks a lot !

Level 20
Alright this one was sitting into my play list for a long time.

Overhall the project has a good vibe it focuses on the prespetive of Dreadlords in the games lore (which is kinda rare tbh most of the undead projects related to RoC and TFT undead lore focus on Arthas duh)

However there are some issues regarding the project.

1.Starting with the new siege unite.To be honest he feels kinda lame,slow way to squishy for being that slow and for doing that small dmg to builds, and overhall it lacks creativity its like you took the siege turtle from naga(as a concept) but made it weaker for a tier 3 unites he is way to weak and a waste of space and recourses i'd rather take the undead Meatwagons which is a pretty dam good siege unite.

2.Custom model/skins...Here you have no exuses the site has a decent number of undead skins/models for both unites and heros here are a few

Ghoul:Ghoul
Crypt:ToxicSpider.blp
Abomination:Abomination
Gargoyls:DarkwingBat_by67chrome.blp
Mannoroth:Mannoroth
Dreadlord/Nathrezim:Nathrezim

3.Hero spells:As many others have pointed out it is better to look over the heros abilitys.I would consider even tinkering with the base attribute and stat groth of the dreadlords at least (sinc the other two supporting heros we take early on are both INT)

4.Regarding the orc warlock:It says he is a warlock and why not give him a warlock model instaind of the simple lich one
HeraldOfTwilight
BTNHeraldofTwilight
and tinker with his skill set...A warlock revolves around firery and summoning units not frost spells :p

5.Terrain.I myself dont look to much at the terrain...But yours at some parts feels empty.

Oh and some weird stuff.

After a cinematic has played if i press esc (while in game),my screen becoms black for a split second as if i skiped a cinematic(even tho no cinematic was played) and the quests that show in the begining of the map shows again.
And items do not move from map to map.

Alright this one was sitting into my play list for a long time.

Overhall the project has a good vibe it focuses on the prespetive of Dreadlords in the games lore (which is kinda rare tbh most of the undead projects related to RoC and TFT undead lore focus on Arthas duh)

However there are some issues regarding the project.

1.Starting with the new siege unite.To be honest he feels kinda lame,slow way to squishy for being that slow and for doing that small dmg to builds, and overhall it lacks creativity its like you took the siege turtle from naga(as a concept) but made it weaker for a tier 3 unites he is way to weak and a waste of space and recourses i'd rather take the undead Meatwagons which is a pretty dam good siege unite.

2.Custom model/skins...Here you have no exuses the site has a decent number of undead skins/models for both unites and heros here are a few

Ghoul:Ghoul
Crypt:ToxicSpider.blp
Abomination:Abomination
Gargoyls:DarkwingBat_by67chrome.blp
Mannoroth:Mannoroth
Dreadlord/Nathrezim:Nathrezim

3.Hero spells:As many others have pointed out it is better to look over the heros abilitys.I would consider even tinkering with the base attribute and stat groth of the dreadlords at least (sinc the other two supporting heros we take early on are both INT)

4.Regarding the orc warlock:It says he is a warlock and why not give him a warlock model instaind of the simple lich one
HeraldOfTwilight
BTNHeraldofTwilight
and tinker with his skill set...A warlock revolves around firery and summoning units not frost spells :p

5.Terrain.I myself dont look to much at the terrain...But yours at some parts feels empty.

Oh and some weird stuff.

After a cinematic has played if i press esc (while in game),my screen becoms black for a split second as if i skiped a cinematic(even tho no cinematic was played) and the quests that show in the begining of the map shows again.
And items do not move from map to map.

1- Will fix that in the finalized version. (✓)
2- Will use these custom models/skins in the finalized version (✓)
3- Will consider these changes
4- I'm afraid I can't make that as it will change a lot of status in my campaign
5- Decoration is still at 5%

"Oh and some weird stuff.

And items do not move from map to map."

Please state which mission so I can fix it.

Overall, awesome & solid feedback +4 Reputation to you & name mentioned in the credits list.

9TH UPDATE (5/14/2017)

~*Wardota2 Gamer special update*~

• 8th mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post) so help me spot bugs..etc.

SEOk56Z.jpg

0Qolk2H.jpg

6wYumuo.jpg

byed3X8.jpg

Level 29
9TH UPDATE (5/14/2017)

~*Wardota2 Gamer special update*~

• 8th mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post) so help me spot bugs..etc.

SEOk56Z.jpg

0Qolk2H.jpg

6wYumuo.jpg

byed3X8.jpg

I liked it. A settle of scores between the two. No armies or allies (if we exclude those we summon), just Mal'ganis and Arthas fighting each other to the death.

Why do they get stronger when they are the enemy and get far better abilities? And is it just me, or the opponent just uses two or three abilities?

I will enjoy fighting this once you give the foe AI. With AI, he could try to distance himself to regain health, etc.

I find the map to be too simplistic. It is kind of easy to beat the other. I have some suggestions to make this fight even better.
-How about adding some runes of both life and mana around, which both you and your opponent can use if lacking HP or mana?
-Making occasionaly some night elven patrols enter the area and create a melee a trois?

I know that Mal'ganis didn't die. I suppose this time he went directly to the Twisting Nether and alert his brethren and Kil'jaeden of the Lich King's treachery.

Last edited:
Level 29
Just kidding dude, Mal'Ganis came back to the twisting nether to alert his brethren.. Maybe

Of course he did. Dreadlords and demons in general cannot be truly killed except if killed in the Twisting Nether. All those dreadlords we defeated during the Warcraft III campaigns never truly died. Tichondrius for example was defeated by Illidan but returned in Legion.

This whole part is most likely just the first part.

10TH UPDATE (5/25/2017)

~*Greenfist Warlocks special update*~

• 9th mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post) so help me spot bugs..etc.

aRUtqUi.jpg

tTPQnU3.jpg

Level 29
10TH UPDATE (5/25/2017)

• 9th mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post) so help me spot bugs..etc.

aRUtqUi.jpg

tTPQnU3.jpg

I played it already.

-I am not very happy you skipped the Battle for Mount Hyjal, even if in the end we would have lost. It could have been a chance to command Anetheron, Azgalor or even Archimonde and lead a mix of undead and demon units.
-Some words should be fixed, like beginning them with capital letters.
-How come we have a Pit Lord, but not demon units?
-You could leave Winterchill's items on some place, even make it an optional quest.
-Some of the demon corpses I found on the way seemed to be ''floating'' in the air.
-Why is there a waygate, when the path to the main gate is much quicker? How about this: the main gate was sealed by Malfurion, so Illidan has to use the waygates to find another way, even fighting some guardians?
-Compared to the Twilight of the Gods mission, there seems to be more defenses on the way towards the summit, and the mortals have more heroes.

Level 14
I played it already.

-I am not very happy you skipped the Battle for Mount Hyjal, even if in the end we would have lost. It could have been a chance to command Anetheron, Azgalor or even Archimonde and lead a mix of undead and demon units.
-Some words should be fixed, like beginning them with capital letters.
-How come we have a Pit Lord, but not demon units?
-You could leave Winterchill's items on some place, even make it an optional quest.
-Some of the demon corpses I found on the way seemed to be ''floating'' in the air.
-Why is there a waygate, when the path to the main gate is much quicker? How about this: the main gate was sealed by Malfurion, so Illidan has to use the waygates to find another way, even fighting some guardians?
-Compared to the Twilight of the Gods mission, there seems to be more defenses on the way towards the summit, and the mortals have more heroes.
I quit agree maybe he should not have skipped the Battle for Mount Hyjal.

Level 3
10TH UPDATE (5/25/2017)

aRUtqUi.jpg

tTPQnU3.jpg

I will start to play but I also agree to LISBOAH. There should be few of demons, like felhounds or just add anetheron or mephistroth. If demons couldn't be added, it would be a better way to replace the pit lord with a dreadlord. (Dreadlords and Pitlords are the same, high ranks in the legion, but I would prefer pit lords instead).

Anyways, in this campaign. I know we are not the baddest and a bad villain. In this campaign, I know you made some changes. Like in the previous mission. All the corrupted settlemets were replaced by night elves. Proud to say, I really like it.

Level 3
Great Mission, but here is my review :

- At the loading section or the loading briefing, I saw a word 'banished'. It must be Vanished. Just like what some of the heroes in Warcraft III - Frozen Throne says.

- When prince Xavalis answered Illidan's question about the human base, he answered 'Best them would be easy' You should add put 'Eradicating their forces here would be easy'. Or anything you want to

- I saw a floating Felhound/Fel Stalker.

- I tried to checked the weather during the cinematic of Illidan and Kil'Jaeden. As you can see in the original warcraft 3 campaign, during the cinematic or interlude of Illidan and Kil'Jaeden. You can see that the weather is 'Raining'. I mean, the area or region of the world tree must contain the Light rain of ashenvale.

- I liked Illidan's new powers and their icons

That's my review. Anyways, so we can command at least 2 heroes now? Illidan and Mal'Ganis. So, which would Illidan use? Naga or Satyr?. It would be better if it is Satyr, but more enjoyable at Naga (lol). These are my favorite races in Warcraft 3.

So Illidan failed to destroy the lich king using the Eye of Sargeras, so he tried to hide in the outland and was caught by the deceiver (kil'jaeden) and he decided to go to Ice Crown to destroy the lich king. And he met Mal'Ganis with Anetheron ? Or he is alone. So Illidan might be hostile or would be an ally..

Level 29
Great Mission, but here is my review :

- At the loading section or the loading briefing, I saw a word 'banished'. It must be Vanished. Just like what some of the heroes in Warcraft III - Frozen Throne says.

- When prince Xavalis answered Illidan's question about the human base, he answered 'Best them would be easy' You should add put 'Eradicating their forces here would be easy'. Or anything you want to

- I saw a floating Felhound/Fel Stalker.

- I tried to checked the weather during the cinematic of Illidan and Kil'Jaeden. As you can see in the original warcraft 3 campaign, during the cinematic or interlude of Illidan and Kil'Jaeden. You can see that the weather is 'Raining'. I mean, the area or region of the world tree must contain the Light rain of ashenvale.

- I liked Illidan's new powers and their icons

That's my review. Anyways, so we can command at least 2 heroes now? Illidan and Mal'Ganis. So, which would Illidan use? Naga or Satyr?. It would be better if it is Satyr, but more enjoyable at Naga (lol). These are my favorite races in Warcraft 3.

So Illidan failed to destroy the lich king using the Eye of Sargeras, so he tried to hide in the outland and was caught by the deceiver (kil'jaeden) and he decided to go to Ice Crown to destroy the lich king. And he met Mal'Ganis with Anetheron ? Or he is alone. So Illidan might be hostile or would be an ally..

According to the lore,. Illidan will attack Ice Crown, while I think that Mal'ganis will stay in the Twisting Nether reforming his body and then take over the Scarlet Crusade alongside Balnazzar. Mal'ganis doesn't show up on the open until the events of Wrath of the Lich King.

Status
Not open for further replies.