• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resource's Review Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Moderation notification

Let's see an example: Moderation can be slow, especially when we're talking about the maps section (hopefully, the new mods will bring us change). If someone uploads a map and it's pending for... let's say 1-2 months, he will not check if it's moderated every day and might not be able to correct the possible mistakes and flaws before he has a chance to save it from rejection.

Therefore, THE_END's way of moderation led me to suggest something: All users should recieve notifications or PMs if their resource is moderated, to make them aware of their resources' status and be able to correct the mistakes and bugs more effectively.

Level 15
Most of them don't. It should be enforced to do so, or an automatic notification system should be built in to save the mods' time.

It's really not necessary in my opinion. The User submitted his/her resource here hoping it would be reviewed and accepted, they should take upon themselves the responsibility of checking on their map/resource, to make sure that there are any notices. Don't pile more crap on the moderators, don't make them send a PM everytime they moderate something, it would just make it slower.

We really need to stop this complaining about the resource sections. The Hive community and Staff have been trying to come up with a way to moderate resources effectively for the last 2 years or so, and we haven't really come up with anything that would make that big of a difference. I think we should just take into consideration the size of the Hive. Moderating resources on a site as big as The Hive is destined to be slow, and the only way to speed it up would be to stop the growth of The Hive, which isn't a viable option. So just realise that moderating resources is going to be slow, there are other people who want their resources moderated as well, so just be patient, chances are, the mods will get to it eventually.

i6cymg.png

Hmm, it seems like it isn't checked by default any more.

Level 24
Personally I would like to be informed when my own resource gets approved/rejected/reviewed by a moderator.
You could add a little notification to the user CP when one of the mods approve/reject/review one of your resources so it's easier to know when something is happening to your resource.
It's a minor thing, but I think many would appreciate it.

Anyone else with me on this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.