• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resource Spotlight - March 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
m20-header-25-png.349071

m20m5-png.348707

Take to the skies with Sellenisko's Lord of Outland. The modeler used both of Darkholme's skins shown in this spotlight to deliver this taste of fury.

Illidan Stormrage

IS-SD-As-02 (2).gif

IL-SD-M1-03 (2).gif

DH-SD-AA-06 (2).gif

Relive Illidan's assault on the Frozen Throne with this cinematic model from Zerox.

Cinematic Illidan

IL-CZ-Ss-01 (2).gif

Check out Deolrin's Warglaives of Azzinoth:

Low-Poly Version

Left-handed | Right-handed

Deo WGA LP 1-min.png

FrIkY joined Deolrin with a custom texture for a more demonic spin:

High-Poly Version

Deo WGA HP 1-min.png

xyzier_24's warglaives will hunt your enemies down with a bang.

Warglaive Missile

warglaive-miss-1 (2).gif

m20s5-png.348705

Darkholme fashioned twin skins for the Betrayer.

Illidan

DH-SD-As-02 (2).gif

Exit light, enter night!

Illidan Dark

DH-DD-As-08 (2).gif

m20i5-png.348706

Special thanks to Spellbound, Storm Knight, Directive255, and The_Spellweaver for their feedback.

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Great article!

Putting a years old resources in a 2020 spotlight? I'm not hating this but this is weird.
Resource spotlights serve as a reminder to some of the great works of art that has been submitted to the Hive over the ages or in recent times.

- Also one of the models promoted here is still at 'Awaiting Update' status.
This is not the first time. Other artworks featured in past resource spotlight articles have been WIP's or near completion. Including "awaiting update". Small technical issues doesn't necessarily prevent a resource from being spotlighted.

Level 1
New member here and I am really loving the "Illidan Dark" with the alternate version of mana burn icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.