1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Illidan Stormrage

Submitted by Sellenisko
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
ARE YOU PREPARED??!!

So, I was thinking about making new and better version of Illidan...and I did. Those skins of Darkholme inspired me, so I made model who transform into dark version. I dont have much time right now, so I added simple portrait from evil illidan, i will add better one later on, so this model can be used :)

Filesize is pretty big, but cosindering how many animations it has and how detailed it is, I think its decent. And since Blizzard made new patch for increasing filesize of map....I think its not going to be a big problem :D

Credit goes to Darkholme for his awesome textures! And to Blizzard - I used Illidan from wow as a base for animations, made my own mesh and decreased as many filesize as I could.

Enjoy and see ya later, ya all!

i suggest using awesome icon by Murcologist ;) Simply click on the icon below!

Edited the model :) added detailed portrait. Also working currently on those attachments points.

Mehehe

[​IMG] and for the Demon Form i suggest iconn by BlazeKraze [​IMG]
Previews
Contents

Illidan Stormrage (Model)

Simple Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Please add the missing attachment points as well as rename the model to something proper. Also, you are missing a lot of event objects and some particle effects would be very nice.
  1. Drake

Drake

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shit is lit yo.

2. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Oh and by the way, he has normal skin in normal animation and demon skin in flying alternate animations, it works ingame or mdlvis, in model viewer it is somehow corrupted, so it does not show properly.

3. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

4. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great Model and Great Icon too.

5. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Lolololol.

Another easy DC, man. Great work.

6. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    You managed to capture his WoW look and make it fit in Warcraft III.it's awesome to see this,especially since illidan is my favorite character from the Warcraft universe.

Incredible work,with the model.5/5,+ rep and I think this deserves DC

7. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I dont think ir deserve DC guys, but thank you very much for comments! I was just sad, that most of the main villains or great characters were made into awesome models, like Lich King, Deathwing, Garrosh and so on, but noone was going to make Illidam, because there was common believe that there are too many Illidan models...which is true, but they are in my opinion and eyes...pretty much the same :) hopefuly I will see this model used in some pretty epic campaign or boss map in Black Temple! :-D

8. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's sexyness level is too great for us mere mortals. But allow me, a fellow Illidan lover (yes, in a sexual way), bestow upon you my thanks for this, the sexiest model I have seen in a while. :)

9. Rence Kristoff

Rence Kristoff

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is crazy Awesome! This does deserve the DC even though if we have to wait for a better portrait, Very nice work!

10. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'd say DC is reserved for exceptional original works. This uses WoW animations.

11. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Not to pick a nit, but must it be 100% original work? So no in-game textures, no in-game animations, no in-game meshes?

Better question: To what degree are "un-original" works (or pieces of works) allowed to be DC?

12. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Isn't that all you do? You really need to calm down with all that pedantic nonsense.

It has a good mesh and a custom texture, slapped onto WoW animations. I'm not saying its a bad model, I'm saying it doesn't seem like it too enough work to be a DC resource.

13. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    As you are the direst of furies, I am the pickiest of nits. : )

I'm not saying that either. Nor am I saying your saying it. I'm really not even talking about this model.

But you raised a good point, and it requires some thought.

14. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Guys no need to fight. As long as my models are useable and used, I am not concerned if its worth DC or not. I am glad people think it deserve DC, even If I personaly dont think so. I have very little time for warcraft and modelling, so I am just trying best I can do.

15. MagicCampaign

MagicCampaign

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really like this Illidan model :), I am waiting for better portrait;) For now if I am using it, portrait is the simple portrait but I replace the alternate Black with Illidan dark texture:D, it works but the mouth is always close. Thank you for this amazing model 10/5

16. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't know if this is correct, but this is a model rip :/

17. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Quite a long time since someone stated that I ripped some model :-D delightful!

18. Rence Kristoff

Rence Kristoff

Resources:
    Resources:
    :p
    When something was well made and thought of being taken elsewhere.

From what I've seen, the Rips here have no separate portrait, and the Akama and Maiev model in the preview image, they are like this, those were created first by another.
    And this used textures or rather inspired from Darkholme's skin.

19. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I thought it was a rip because the animations of the model were straight from WoW. I knew the portrait was made from the IllidanEvil one.

Well, I didn't expect a sarcastic response, but I apologize if I was disrespectful to your work.

Since you based the animations on the WoW Illidan model I thought it could have been a rip, sorry.