• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan/Anub'arak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Meybe he was talking to Arthas, and he knows that he was in Azjol'Nerub (is that the name?) to reach the Frozen Throne faster, and also that he was the king of "Fallen Lordaeron" (after killing his father...).
Because... there's no way they know each other, Illidan was locked in his cage over 10.000 years, the only reasonable thing that I can imagine is that they knew each other before the War of the Ancients. :/

Maybe They knew each other before the War of the Ancients. :/
Perhaps yes. Do you know how old is Anub'arak?

He was talking about Arthas. He met the prince previously in Felwood. Don't you remember? o.o

Lol is this a joke?!! Of course i know that they met in felwood before the Battle of Mount Hyjal. :3
Illidan was talking to Anub'arak not Arthas, and to prove that, how the hell is Arthas an old king?!!! He's 24 years old!! He just claimed his kingship just after the Mount Hyjal battle when he returned to Lordaeron. And at that moment the lich king ordered him to return to Northrend immediately.
Also, when Arthas and Illidan met in Icecrown Illidan said "Hello, Arthas."
and Arthas repiled "You look different, Illidan. I guess the Skull of Gul'dan didn't agree with you."
So, he was definitely talking to Anub'arak not Arthas.

Level 20
Well lets have a look.

Illidan talking to Arthas. We know clearly that they met and "old" could be sarcastic insult. Also whole time it was only Arthas interacting with enemy characters.

Illidan talking to Anub'arak. We don't know if they ever met as earliest about Anub'arak story starts at Spider Wars. Nerubians weren't part of the War of The Ancients (if they were please correct me) and we don't know how long can neurubians live. Don't even think about saying War of the Shifting Sand. Also Anub'arak didn't once interact with Illidan in that mission or anyone else.

So at least to me it is more logical that it was part of the banter between Arthas and Illidan.

Well lets have a look.

Illidan talking to Arthas. We know clearly that they met and "old" could be sarcastic insult. Also whole time it was only Arthas interacting with enemy characters.
Also Anub'arak didn't once interact with Illidan in that mission or anyone else.

So at least to me it is more logical that it was part of the banter between Arthas and Illidan.

That seems completely wrong my friend. As i said before when Arthas and Illidan met in Icecrown Illidan said "Hello, Arthas." and Arthas repiled "You look different, Illidan. I guess the Skull of Gul'dan didn't agree with you." that's where they interacted. that was after Illidan said
"You're out of your league, old king. You should have stayed hidden underground".

Anub'arak is an old king who has been living underground in his kingdom. I know for a fact and 100% sure that he was talking to Arthas i saw a thread about this out of the Hive before. The thread isn't about who's Illidan talking to. It's about whether Illidan know Anub'arak or no. Maybe no then. Maybe he just heard of him from his scouts just before the battle when Arthas arrived to Northrend and he and Anub'arak met Kael. Thanks for sharing your thoughts my friend :)

Umm, wut?
Read what VelkoM said.
Behave Please. You always show a bad attitude in all of your comments. You could've stated you opinion in a more respectful way.

"You're out of your league, old king. You should have stayed hidden underground".

Yes, he said old king, a figure of speech, you know.

You take the OLD word too literally.

Also please bring some evidence that Ilidan met Anub'arak or any nerubians before. I don't recall him meeting Anub'arak before or any other nerubian.

Last edited:
Level 3
GUYS IAM A BIG FAN OF WARCRAFT THAT BEING SAID illidan was talking to Anub Like NaserKingArthas said why would he adress him twice when i remember he adressed Anub first with the first quote of bEEING THE OLD KING WHO HAVE STAYED UNDERGROUND. THE ANSWER IS HE WAS TALKING TO ANUB BUT WE DONT KNOW IF HE KNOW HIM BEFOR OR NO. I THINK LIKE ZARAMORUS SAID ILLIDAN KNOWS EVERTHYTHING OR LIKE NASERKINGARTHAS THAT KAEL TOLD HIM WHEN HE MET HIM.
TO BE HONEST THAT WASNT KIND Don't you remember? o.o SORRY
WHATEVER IM NEVERMORE **

Level 20
That seems completely wrong my friend. As i said before when Arthas and Illidan met in Icecrown Illidan said "Hello, Arthas." and Arthas repiled "You look different, Illidan. I guess the Skull of Gul'dan didn't agree with you." that's where they interacted. that was after Illidan said

Anub'arak is an old king who has been living underground in his kingdom. I know for a fact and 100% sure that he was talking to Arthas i saw a thread about this out of the Hive before. The thread isn't about who's Illidan talking to. It's about whether Illidan know Anub'arak or no. Maybe no then. Maybe he just heard of him from his scouts just before the battle when Arthas arrived to Northrend and he and Anub'arak met Kael. Thanks for sharing your thoughts my friend :)

Basis for that theory comes because "hello" conversation exist and "old king" wasn't part of it and "old" and "underground" parts. Both Arthas and Anub'arak were before confrontation underground and old part I explained as it being simple sarcastic joke. Also whole time only Arthas and Illidan talk to each other through whole mission with Anub'arak not responding at all to the quote supposedly directed at him. Also "old king" quote is triggered when Illidan first starts taking Obelisk and "hello" when Arthas is near Illidan so in theory you could trigger "hello" before "old king".

Also Illidan talking to Anub'arak is relative to this thread as it is the only basis why we could consider two of them knowing each other. For me and others it isn't simply enough to be told that some other thread talked about that particular point and automatically I must accept it as a fact. In the end my point is that quote was directed at Arthas and there is no evidence available to us to confirm that Illidan ever met Anubarak. Best we can do is speculate if scouts somehow figured out from distance that anub'arak was before undeath nerubian king. At best scouts could tell there was rally big bug leading Scourge defenses or speculation that Anub'arak had talk with Illidan (unsure how would he survive that though).

Perhaps I am wrong but with the given amount of evidence and simple logic I refuse to accept that I am completely wrong. Show me evidence or else best we can have are speculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.