• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan, The Betrayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Illidan Stormrage:
"Betrayer.... In truth, it was I who was betrayed."
oh-really-now-tell-me-more-jpg.387521

"Knowing that the Well’s destruction would prevent him from ever wielding magic again, Illidan selfishly abandoned the group and set out to warn the high-borne of Furion’s plan. Due to the madness brought on by his addiction and the stinging resentment towards his brother’s affair with Tyrande, Illidan felt no remorse at betraying Furion and siding with Azshara and her ilk."
"Azshara, having received Illidan’s warning, was more than prepared for them. Nearly all of Furion’s followers fell before the mad Queen’s raging powers."
"As the battle raged inside and outside of the temple, Illidan appeared from the shadows near the shores of the great Well. Producing a set of specially crafted vials, Illidan knelt and filled each with the Well’s shimmering waters. Convinced that the demons would crush the night elves’ civilization, he planned to steal the sacred waters and keep their energies for himself."
Source

The fanboys and fangirls, in utter denial, try to call him "flawed" and thus, "humane". But there's a difference between being "flawed" and being more-or-less responsible for the destruction of a large portion of your kind, and near destruction of the entire world... Just because you wanted to keep getting your fix of magic.

People criticize Furion for how he treated Illidan, but Furion made sacrifices for his people many times, and more or less stopped the Legion's invasion TWICE. What did Illidan sacrifice? Becoming a demon wasn't a sacrifice. It was utterly selfish desire for power, that drove him.

Attachments

• oh-really-now-tell-me-more.jpg
    oh-really-now-tell-me-more.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.