1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WoW - worth to play or just gay?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Disasterpiece512, Feb 20, 2010.

?

Is World of Warcraft worth playing or does it slander Warcraft lore?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2010.
  1. Worth playing

26 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. Slanders lore

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    @above post: How does one waste one's time? It's literally impossible to "waste" time. If you have any reason at all to do something, the time you spent doing said this is not wasted, be it rodeo, football, WoW or school.

2. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Are you kidding me? You should play Warhammer Online, you don't have to farm AT ALL, you grow through PLAYING good, like in Guild Wars, means if you play, you grow by playing, you can play the game without any farming. In Warhammer Online you get Equip through PvPing, which means you don't have to farm to get better, you just play, and your character automaticly gets better, thats the way a MMO should go, not farming 10 hours for a damn item to get your wanted stuff, thats one of the most boring MMO-Styles which were ever invented, it is just a major game flaw, trust me, I am learning Game Programming (based on C++, Java and C#), i have to know what Game flaws are. Additional is WoW highly imbalanced, guess what? you can't win with certain "Character groups" in PvP, which is again a BIG design flaw (you should be able to win with every character constellation, thats called BALANCE, and I am not talking about a pve skilled character group, but 2 pvp skilled groups, thats nothing about scissor, stone and paper principal, you just CAN'T win with some constellations)....

3. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well redscores, at level 10 in WoW you can start leveling and getting equipment through PvP as well so I don't see the big deal.

Also, yes, any character combination can win a fight, some just mesh together better than others, obviously.

4. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WoW is good, else it wouldn't have the millions of subscribers it has, that's a fact.
    One may argue that the gameplay is repeating, but then again, isn't the gameplay of wc3 melee as if not more repetitive?

5. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very good statement.

So good, in fact, that you deserve a rep point.

6. CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed

7. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  8. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    abit offtopic here:

If WoW was such a bad game, than why would people still talk about it 5 years after it's release ?

Aion is growing mostly because a lot of people got fed with the warcraft universe. As we all know, a hardcore player would get even to the point of playing non-stop for a period of days. Ofc he is now fed up with the franchise after playing for 2-5 day by day, you would get fed up of any franchise if you rush into it like a knife in an onion.
    Also the recent changes in Wotlk are dissapointing for the hardcore players.

What Aion brings, is a new franchise, new and better graphics, a very detailed character costumization sistem, all those, are really and mostly enjoyed by hardcore players, because they have the hardware, and they are fed of the warcraft franchise.

However the gameplay. . .is all from WoW mostly. I mean if we look at the characters....you could clearly distinguish the wow ones.
    Example: summoner = warlock ? He even has the fear ability :]
    Aion characters are not all that different from WoW.

Aion is actually WoW2, WoW for the 2010 where a 512mb video card is under 100 euro (at least in my country). WoW, with a new franchise, which no one can dispute it that "omg they killed X lore character".

If you want solid lore, and versitile activity, WoW is the MMO you are looking for. The Battlegrounds are good, the leveling is getting better culminating with the WotLK quests atm, the PvE. . .sucks except Ulduar xD (for me at least). Idk about how Arena goes.

If you want eyecandy, better graphics, new lore where nothing is "too epic" for you as a player to kill (so no complaints when some "important" lore character dies) and just want to...PvP...than Aion is for you.

9. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ADVERTISING ONMGMGMFNFGM:F;DDSMSSAD(,

hmm

10. Evillizard

Evillizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    To me, I think RPGs like Aion where you can through around objects and such kind of make it a little hard. Yea, it makes more sense to take a minute to find a potion in your backpack, take off the cap and drink it, (I'm not saying any rpg does that, it's an example that some rpgs do things like that to be realistic) but it's inconvienient.

I play WoW. I still play WoW. I have quit before, but I come back eventually. The social aspect of the game is huge for the game.

11. crawdaddy029

crawdaddy029

Resources:
    Resources:
    your reading way to much into what they write for the lore, the major factor is those major characters WERE THERE!!! as well as other adventurers. the reason they write it in that order however is because without the help of those major characters it would never happen, if you write it the other way around "killed by Akama and Maiev with the help of unkown adventurers" that wouldnt make any sence as those 2 major characters dont need no damn help.

12. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well...

Imagine LK fight without Tirion.

Yeah, you're dead.

Besides, Tirion hits for 6k with a 2.50-3.00 cooldown, he'd have no chance against LK :D

13. Kjeldoras

Kjeldoras

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, man. Private server ain't the same as the real thing. It kind of defeats the whole gaming experience if you waste it on a private server. It's free, that's good, but if you haven't try the real servers out, you don't know what you're missing out,. The money shouldn't be an issue. PS3 or Xbox 360 games are already $60+. That's one game, I haven't had one of those games last me 4 months+ unless it was one of those rare games, ex. Halo 3, MW, FPS types. Plus it's a social thing.

14. wurlaz

wurlaz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nor Maiev or Akama was any great heroes, not much better than some WoW players. Only cause they is heroes in Wc3 they must be imba.
    Lich King WAS killed by Tirion Fordring, but I dont think a human alone can kill a semi-god, Ashbringer or not.

Kael, Lady Washj and Zuljin is all 10/25 man raid bosses. If you say an adventurer is between hero and unit in Wc3 thats pretty good.
    Kiljaeden was only half summoned, and therafore weak.

Anub'arak is a noob! :xxd:

15. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah lets make it more like lore

tirion fights vs lk and we watch

:(

edit
    and on "it costs money", doesnt buying new games cost money? or smoking? or other hobbys? nowadays almost everything costs and i see it as positive that you can support the game that you play

16. Vulcano

Vulcano

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Still i hope (if it ever comes) that warcraft 4 lore continues where wc3 ended. Lich King shouldn't be kill-able by just Tyrion and some unknown adventures. He should be killed by Tyrion, Illidan, Sylvanas, Thrall, Jaina and Alextrasza together :p. Or chaos orcs because they can hit through divine armor :D. (Yea, i don't like either that Cenarius is that easily killed in wc 3 :p).

But wow itself is ok, surely when compared to Guild Wars.
    I played GW before wow and i liked it quite much but then i played the wow trial and i was immediatly more addicted to it than i ever was to GW :p. What sucks most in GW is that everyone is equal, you can play 50 hours/week or 1 hour/week an still don't have a difference in lvl/gear. It's boring when you having nothing to strife for. For others a game based on pure skill can be fun, but I want to have some sort of goal.

17. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why are people mad at lore? 1. its pretty easy to understand 2. graphics are better than warcraft 3 so shut up. 3. it has alot of people and really whos the dumb crap saying all of wow is 9 year olds? trust me not many people are young maybe the newbs but the high levels theres propley like a few.

18. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tirion*

Also Alexstrasza can solo the LK, she just doesn't because non-black dragons are all lame. :mad:

19. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    in wc2 lothar should've lived.

20. havard1993

havard1993

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Definately worth it, but be careful u can get addicted very fast but then u are stuck playing it for some time ...