• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When Morons Figure Out How To Pay $11.99/mo : Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of famous on my server. I make idle banter in the Global LFG channel, people know me. People hate me and love me. I have three guilds named after me.

Anywho.

So, the other day I was cruising around in Hyjal, and I told someone not to advertise their guild in the LFG channel. Someone kindly asks me if I am a "moderator". I reply with "Yes, I am a moderator." I ask him how I can be of assistance. He asks me a couple questions about the game. He asks me what "Hyjal" means when he shift clicks my name(I told him how to do that) and I tell him it's my location. I tell him it's only "moderator" accesible, and invite him to a group to show him where it is. He's only level 40. I decide to bait him a little bit. I ask him if there's an item in the game he's been wanting. He replies "icecapthing, plate helm from RFD" or something of the sort. I reply with a link from Atlas of the Icemetal Barbute.

He says he really wants it. I tell him that if he promises not to tell anyone, he can have it. I say there are no mailboxes in Hyjal, and I will mail it to him ASAP.

The story is just beginning.

I consult with the guild. I decide on something.

I log on an alt, Adgargerah. I contact the unwitting level 40 with "Hello adventurer! This is moderator Adgargerah! Do you have a moment?" "ya," he replies.

I ask him if he has had a conversation with a certain "moderator Vegetable"(My mains name, 60 Rogue). He says yes, and I ask him to summarize the conversation because I "do not have the ability to scan chat logs". He lies blatantly, but finally explains that he asked this Vegetable for an item. I tell him that this is a large breach of policy.

I don't know whether this guy is a couple tacos short of a value meal or what, but he is baited completely. He goes for it. He believes every word I say thinking I am God. I tell him that banning a player from World of Warcraft is difficult, and that sometimes moderators like to settle breaches of policy through "in-game" means. He asks what I mean, and I tell him he needs to come up with 15 gold within four days. He complies and is very angry saying he had no idea and that he "hated me". I log back on Vegetable. He explains it to me saying that Adgargerah is evil and he wishes that he had never asked me for the item. Do I care? Not really. I give him halfassed apologies while the guild is completely cracking up on vent while I tell them the story.

Guild Master gets pissed. Kicks me from guild. And worse, this.

Greetings John,

* * * NOTICE OF ACCOUNT CLOSURE REVIEW * * *

Account Name: censored, in case im not actually banned forever
Realm: Balnazzar
Character Name: Adgargerah

Offense: Impersonating a Game Master/Blizzard Employee

Details (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):

11/13/2006 0:18:00 Adgargerah WhispersPlayer "Hello adventurer! This is moderator Adgargerah. Do you have a moment?"

Attempt to scam player out of 15 gold.

The actions detailed above have been deemed inappropriate for the World of Warcraft by the Blizzard Entertainment In-game Support Staff. As a result, the World of Warcraft account has been given a 72 hour account suspension and will not be accessible for the duration thereof. This World of Warcraft account has also been forwarded to our Account Administration team for review of current and previous policy infractions to determine if further account actions, up to and including account closure, are necessary. Our Account Administration team will contact you with a decision once all information has been reviewed.

Thank you for respecting our position on this matter.

Any disputes or questions concerning this account action can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowaa/.

Please visit http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/termsofuse.shtml for further information and to review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use.

Regards,
Sacarina
Game Master
Blizzard Entertainment
www.worldofwarcraft.com

Am I deserving? Questions? Comments? Need more proof? I have screenshots of the entire ordeal.

Level 12
Honestly, you deserved to get banned. Yes, it was meant for a joke but a dangerous one. You can't complain to Blizzard for something like this after all when you have peeps everywhere trying to actually scam.

Lesson learned, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.