• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Diablo 3 Account Share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
This is the problem. My friend wanted to play my Diablo 3 account obviously because he doesn't want to buy the game himself and I don't play it much. He lives in Queensland Australia. I live in NSW. So if he logs onto my account, Blizzard's security detects a different IP adress and computer logging into my account and locks the account. So I have to unlock my account for him for him to play my D3 account. I'm guessing if I ever decide to play D3, the account will be locked again!!!

We are not logging on together, only 1 of us will ever be on at a time. How on earth can I disable Blizzard's stupid security? I don't want my account being locked simply because my friend or myself decides to play some D3.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem???

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I'm guessing if I ever decide to play D3, the account will be locked again!!!
So just unlock it then. I have had to do that 5 times already and have only ever accessed it from near where I live...

How on earth can I disable Blizzard's stupid security?
You cannot, it is there to stop stupid hackers from taking your account as it will lock them out and thus save your account.

I don't want my account being locked simply because my friend or myself decides to play some D3.
Well it will happen. Mostly involves D3 only as that has the RMAH (which hackers like to use for logical reasons). When it does, just restore the account, change password and have fun.

friend wanted to play my Diablo 3 account obviously
This is not legal, Blizzard clearly states in the Terms of Use that each account should only ever be used by the person who owns it. Although they are hardly going to stomp on you for doing this, it still is not a usage concen of theirs so do expect problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.