• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Omg I almost fell for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
i got this email

Greetings
It has come to our attention that your account is involved in illegal transactions. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
Terms of Use: (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html).
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.
You must complete the steps below to secure the account and your computer.
STEP 1: ACCOUNT INVESTIGATION
We now provide a secure website for you to verify that you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address.
Click on the link below to verify your e-mail address of the Battle.net account:
https://www.battle.net/account/d3/login-support.html
If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.
STEP 2: VERIFY YOUR SUBMISSION WAS RECEIVED
We will contact you with further instructions once we have received and processed your submission. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of submitting this form, please resend it from the address listed above.
Please be aware that if unauthorized access to this account, it may lead to further action against the account.
We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time in game. Thank you for respecting our position.

Please do not reply to this email as you will receive an automated response.
Regards,
Thary
Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment 2012

So i clicked the link without looking at the URL or anything but my laptop didnt say there was anything wrong, i forgot my question though as i always forget those (most stupid security option ever come on)

But when i got home the link made chrome warn me for a phishing site and this is what the URL actually was; http://us.diablo.com.zh-mou.in/login.html?app=wam&ref=https://www.battle.net/account/&eor=0&app=bam

zh-mou.in ? wtf, bastards i almost fell for that =p
I already found it a bit suspicious really what illegal activities could you do and what the hell would anyone want with my account it has a level 58 monk and a level 8 with doctor >.<

Level 22
Eeeyup, I was gonna make a thread about it. My email that I use for facebook and some other things if it became public, I continue to get these nonsense emails and I knew they were fake since that email is not associated with bnet account.

Do you know what I did? I published the email I saw and newsletters for some random sites so that the email gets spammed. Now the thing is.. is this bot-shit hiding under someone else's emails also found on the web? I think I may have shot the wrong guy by sending his email to the SPAM HEAVEN.

I say make a rule to auto delete an email with title: 'Diablo III Account-Notice'

You can tell it's fake by the grammatical errors.
They're a large corporation, not a bunch of middle-aged men living in some garage!

edit
but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time in game.
^Awkward phrase
If you can’t click
^ It should be ', not ’.
We now provide a secure website for you to verify that you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address.
^ This entire sentence needs to be restructured.

edit
Just realized this thread is kinda old, but I guess this information should help you spot non-legit e-mails from people claiming to be Blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.