• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this mail real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Well, I got two mails, I wonder if they're actually fake.

First mail was from: [email protected] ([email protected])

and the message was following:

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.
If the information is deemed accurate,
the investigation will be dropped.
This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
* First and Surname
* Date of birth
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number
* Country
* Account Original e-mail address
* Account Now e-mail address
* Account name
* Account password
* Secret Question and Answer
-Or-
WoW CD-Key
Show * Please enter the correct information
If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account,
we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
Only the Account Administration department can address disputes or questions you may have about this account action.
To learn more about how we are able to assist you, please visit us at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21505.
Regards,
Lanhelly
Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment

Second mail was from WoWAccountAdmin ([email protected])

English speaking customers: Please refer to the start of this mail
Para los clientes espa?oles: Por favor vayan hasta el fin de este coreo electrónico

An investigation of the World of Warcraft account has produced evidence that the account has been

accessed by someone who is not allowed to use it. You can bind your mobile phone to your World of

Warcraft account for free. This will protect your account from being stolen:

http://www.battlemobilephone.net (this link did not work)

Please be sure to review the information below to help prevent future security issues:

Account compromises are usually the result of the registered player of the account sharing his or

her login information or playing on a computer that has a virus.

Please remember that it is your responsibility to keep your login information confidential. Any

account that is registered to your name may not be shared with anyone except for one minor, of

whom you are acting as a parent or guardian. You are also responsible for every use of your login

information, whether authorized or not.

For your own protection, we encourage you to keep the following security tips in mind when using

any computer on which you play World of Warcraft:

- Keep current with the latest operating system and other software updates.
- Make use of firewall protection if possible.
- Regularly scan for viruses, Trojan files, and key loggers.
- Be wary of "spoof" emails and websites and when downloading new software.

Are these real, I got a bit suspicious when I saw the sender

Level 5
the first email is a pretty good fake; the second is fail. though either way, blizzard will never ask for personal infomation or password

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This post contains text of a potentially offensive nature, I advise not reading it is you are young or against such things...
For the first Email, respond to it using the same fields they ask but saying nothing helpful by using the information blizzard will expect (nothing).

First and Surname - This has nothing to do with WoW as it is not used ingame.
Date of birth - any randomly generated date that passes the age ratting of your country.
Zip code - This has nothing to do with WoW as it is not used ingame.
Phone number - This is not even possibly related to WoW so pointless you ask.
Country - Check the server database and use IP to find this out.
Account Original e-mail address - Check the server database, it will be there so there is no point asking.
Account Now e-mail address - Dont bother asking stuff which is pointless.
Account name - This is pointless to ask as anyone who plays an account will know this.
Account password - You already know this from your server database and this proves nothing about account ownership as anyone who uses an account will know this.
Secret Question and Answer - Ok um again this is pointless to prove account ownership, as you already know the questions and it is the answers which are important.

Well enjoy being fired as when your boss finds out you were asking for passwords, you will be in serious shit you lifeless loser who will go to prision.

For number 2
Say anything in a language not mentiond in the email along the lines of.
"I do not understand what you are asking, something about you having a unnatural relationship with your brother and needing to supply me with account details and passwords before the Chinese execute you? I am afraid that will not help as you have commited a srious crime and the afterlife of yours is nothing to look foward to you lousy criminal."

Or you could just do the best thing and not reply at all. Damn scammers, hope they get what they diserve.

This post contains text of a potentially offensive nature, I advise not reading it is you are young or against such things...
For the first Email, respond to it using the same fields they ask but saying nothing helpful by using the information blizzard will expect (nothing).

For number 2
Say anything in a language not mentiond in the email along the lines of.
"I do not understand what you are asking, something about you having a unnatural relationship with your brother and needing to supply me with account details and passwords before the Chinese execute you? I am afraid that will not help as you have commited a srious crime and the afterlife of yours is nothing to look foward to you lousy criminal."

Or you could just do the best thing and not reply at all. Damn scammers, hope they get what they diserve.

I'd run a text through TranslationParty.com and send it. Something like this:

http://translationparty.com/#5916156

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No as you do not know who the scammers are. The best way to combat them is to only trust emails sent from offical blizzard servers (like the ones you get when you register an account to an email). They will never ask you for CDkeys, passwords or secret answers.

No as you do not know who the scammers are. The best way to combat them is to only trust emails sent from offical blizzard servers (like the ones you get when you register an account to an email). They will never ask you for CDkeys, passwords or secret answers.

Actually, every time I needed account support, I had to provide all info except the password, including the key and the secret question and answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.