1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Cinematic Illidan By Zerox

Submitted by Zerox
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Alright you guys already know who Illidan is so I won't go into detail explaining that. This is Illidan Stormrage as he appears in his fight with Arthas in the end of wc3 the Frozen Throne.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I was browsing the wc3 mpqs when I came across this and found out that the entire battle (even the stuff with speed lines and stuff) is all 1 model that Blizzard very effectively used to make the battle scene. So I just deleted everything but Illidan and then I threw him onto the bones of EvilIllidan.mdx (the normal evil Illidan model in wc3). Though I did cheat sorta. :razz: He uses EvilIllidan.mdx's original wings because there's about 15-20 bones that are just for the wings and there was no way I was gonna pull off the actual cinematic wings well by reattaching them to those bones. I just didn't want to try as I'm certain it would have been bad. Its hardly noticeable though.

This model has a working talking portrait that is just a animated version of the unedited Illidan I got left over from the cinematic battle. So its got the actual wings in there. I did throw in a portrait background in there too.

Cinematic Illidan By Zerox.mdx 145kb

Cinematic Illidan By Zerox_Portrait.mdx 74kb

Enjoy the model and feel free to edit it if you want. I'd appreciate some credit as it did take 4 hours to do all this but the world won't end if you don't give me any. After all I didn't do much but animated the mesh. :razz: Mostly Blizz's work here. At least I built my model out of their work. XD

I would appreciate credits if you use it in your map. And heck if you do find a use for it let me know I'd love to try your map.

Update: Okay after a long wait I've become much more experienced in boning and better methods of doing such. So I've fixed the legs' fatal issues and it works much nicer now.

I also removed the morph as requested by the mod who reviewed this. I'd appreciate it if another mod looked at it now that it's fixed.

Keywords:
Illidan, Stormrage, Demon, Demon Hunter, Elf, Illidari, Betrayer, Outland, Night, Northrend, Arthas, Leader, Cinematic, WoW
Contents

Cinematic Illidan By Zerox (Model)

Cinematic Illidan By Zerox (Model)

Reviews
19:47, 4th Jun 2009 shamanyouranus: WOAH! The legs are very messed up right now. It just looks silly. Please try to fix that. And remove the morph animation, because he just shrinks into oblivion. So...yeah...do that...and stuff. Rejected until...
  1. 19:47, 4th Jun 2009
    shamanyouranus: WOAH! The legs are very messed up right now. It just looks silly. Please try to fix that. And remove the morph animation, because he just shrinks into oblivion. So...yeah...do that...and stuff.

Rejected until updated, ok?

13th November 2010
    General Frank:

Changes are made. The model works in-game performs well.
    Approved.
    I think you should add those wave swim walk animation.

2. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks great!

4/5!

3. Erader

Erader

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's Divine!

4. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank you. Also the wings appear purple as they did in the cinematic ingame. It was a setting in Magos that I had set up that made them appear red.

5. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I think i'm gonna use it in Bas Celik C:

But, before that, his legs and arms need fixin' ASAP. as well as his warblades, which could be shorter a bit.

6. Elven Spellmake

Elven Spellmake

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, this model looks great!! :grin:

I understand about the wings, and they look ok like this, they just need slight placement adjustments.
    If you could fix the things Misha pointed out such as the legs.
    Also if possible (I don't know how possible it is) shorten his legs slightly and fix the Death animation, as he stabs himself oddly. His hair and ponytail also needs to flow over his back on his animations (again if possible) and not through him. The animations are also slightly too fast compared with the normal Illidan model, this might be an FPS problem.

I know it seems like a lot of critisism especially from someone who doesn't know how to model and considering you spent a long time producing this model, but its too epic to be left "unfinished". :thumbs_up:

Its looking really great so far and the Morph Animation is cool too. :grin:

7. asam3

asam3

Resources:
    Resources:
    it's great, but the wings are red....

8. Elven Spellmake

Elven Spellmake

Resources:
    Resources:
    They arn't in game... Or in Magos.

9. jarri

jarri

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks for making this =)

10. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    You surely can fix his legs, crotch and arms. :)

11. Leeroy

Leeroy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Zerox, all your models are lovely and I find them extremely useful, for my purposes too.
    But you never add any sort of team color of hero glow <.<

Returning on this model, the legs are screwed up but the rest is lovely and the anims are okay. I really love it. Now add some hero glow or team colour.

12. Potluck

Potluck

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice model, tho morph animation is a bit screwed, he just kind of shrinks and decomposes...odd, ah well, still a good job.

U gonna do arthas???

13. Trance Music Fan

Trance Music Fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    His Legs are like jelly. Fix it please
    4/5 (Not rated yet)
    ~Chris

14. Metathrom

Metathrom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks pretty good, excellent work.

Are you going to model Cinematic Arthas as well? :D

15. TheJan001

TheJan001

Resources:
    Resources:
    not bad, 8/10

16. travisofoz

travisofoz

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG.....great model!!! TY for making it!!!

17. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For those who are wondering I might do a cinematic Arthas model. I don't know though. XD Depends on if I feel like it later or not.

Leeroy I didn't add heroglow or team color at all so it fit the cinematic. Though if people prefer I could add it again.

I will try to fix the legs as they appear messed up in some animations (this is due to the fact that the legs aren't as similar in shape as the original model's were.)

And for those who are complaining about the morph animation open up magos and look at the Original EvilIllidan.mdx in Magos War3x.mpq>Units>NightElf>EvilIllidan>EvilIllidan.mdx its the same exact animation. XD It just doesn't have all the flashy effects.

18. Elven Spellmake

Elven Spellmake

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it actually, I don't think he should remove the Morph Animation. :thumbs_up:

19. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    greate model zerox 9/10 and +rep