• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Arrow Keys, Left > Right > Up > Down.
ESC Button.
Because in War3 using mouse as moving camera is not quite possible.
I am just wondering how did she do it?

If you were just wondering, then please don't make it sound as if you were attacking the creator and everyone else in your post, because your posts sounded too offending for everyone. Chill out.

If you were just wondering, then please don't make it sound as if you were attacking the creator and everyone else in your post, because your posts sounded too offending for everyone. Chill out.

It sounded offensive for those who have imagined it offensive, imagination is a very good tool. You can imagine lots of things like; me writing in offending tone. Imagination is great in you, my friend.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
This what I am trying to understand here, please explain to me if possible.

1. Is it only black when inside places, and coloured when outside, like I saw with some screenshots.
2. What other weapons and things are you planning on adding to the map?
3. What exactly is the enemy in the game.
4. Is the camera you made just with keyboard controls or is their any with a mouse added?

Level 4
This what I am trying to understand here, please explain to me if possible.

1. Is it only black when inside places, and coloured when outside, like I saw with some screenshots.
2. What other weapons and things are you planning on adding to the map?
3. What exactly is the enemy in the game.
4. Is the camera you made just with keyboard controls or is their any with a mouse added?

1. There are two dimensions here. Normal World (real, normal colours) and the Death World (Black and white). In the second, you can still be killed. It is not real "world of dead people". Some kind of horror, f*ing twisted dimension, a very bad dream. Only you can't die of starvation or disease.

2. Enough weapons. I will propably delete some melee weapons, because of our character ability to fight with claws. (read 3.) You can notice on gampelay wideo, that her body is a little "morphed". Mainly hands. I am sure more than half players will use and upgrade only claws as they main melee. Because they are awesome and have interesting skills and spells. :D

3. Opponents are altered beasts, led by ordinary animal instinct and hunger. But they are not the main problem. Our character also turns into a monster. And interestingly, "infection" occurs much faster than others. You must find a way out. You can do it, because you were lucky to find a clue. But must hurry before you lose your senses.

4.. The camera uses only the arrow keys (4). Srsly I don't understand what amazing all of you see in this. xC

I do not want to reveal too much plot. So much time I managed to keep it a secret.

2. Enough weapons. I will propably delete some melee weapons, because of our character ability to fight with claws. (read 3.) You can notice on gampelay wideo, that her body is a little "morphed". Mainly hands. I am sure more than half players will use and upgrade only claws as they main melee. Because they are awesome and have interesting skills and spells. :D
Actually what i think you should nerf are the claws to force the players to use the awesome weapons you provide them with. What's the point of collecting weapons, when your bare hands are better than those? Personally I was really looking forward to using that imperial longsword (did you remove it? D:) and the crossbow (god I love crossbows!)
Keep up the awesome work ;)
P.S. You really should fix those missing images from the description...

Level 6
It sounded offensive for those who have imagined it offensive, imagination is a very good tool. You can imagine lots of things like; me writing in offending tone. Imagination is great in you, my friend.

lol thanks. But my point was it may have sounded too offensive not only to me, but to others too. Anyways, the matter is almost or already over, as Talavaj and Kithraya have already stated examples and explanations on the subject.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Congrats, I was thinking maybe to get the community involved, you should host events, the winner gets to do something for the game, but something critical, think about it.

You may think that project is dead, but it's ok. Even better.
I just spend more time on creating Requiem on the new polish modders web,
where I can easily get along with people and I don't have to ask them for help hundreds of times and unavailingly.
Hive Workshop is now a much lower priority for me.
Kinda sad to hear that actually, always thought the hive has a friendlier community. Still, if you have a community that helps you and the project is kept alive, then it's ok. Wish you best of luck! :)
P.S. Can you still post eyecandy and stuff here from time to time? :3

Level 16
You may think that project is dead, but it's ok. Even better.
I just spend more time on creating Requiem on the new polish modders web,
where I can easily get along with people and I don't have to ask them for help hundreds of times and unavailingly.
Hive Workshop is now a much lower priority for me.

I am looking for such community too, the moderators here have sunk so low in standard.

Any link to the web? (If yes, please PM me.)

Level 5
Well, I speak polish and I could inform you guys of the progress, since Kithraya is actually paying more attention to the other community which she can easily communicate with.

The issue is - I found merely one site where she had posted a poster with semi-detailed description of what's going to be included in terms of gameplay. I'm eager to perform here as a translator and I could of course link the poster here, as long as Kithraya doesn't mind it.

Regards.

Level 8
Well, I speak polish and I could inform you guys of the progress, since Kithraya is actually paying more attention to the other community which she can easily communicate with.

The issue is - I found merely one site where she had posted a poster with semi-detailed description of what's going to be included in terms of gameplay. I'm eager to perform here as a translator and I could of course link the poster here, as long as Kithraya doesn't mind it.

Regards.

I don't think waiting for post answer is the best choice

Understand that the developer has left this thread and this site, that equals that this thread is abandoned. She wrote reasons in the earlier posts, read it if you want.
If you want to see the progress of development or contact the developer - Kithraya, you have to Google polish War3 community. [Forgot what was it called, sorry.]

Edit: Link to the polish site. Latest progress was on 2014.

What the hell. And I'm sure you're subscribed to this thread and was so excited when you see that a new comment has been posted. You checked it and poof. Did he/she gave away the models in this project?

It's "She". And she did not gave away any models, the project is not canceled and is still being developed.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
She is continuing with it but posting updates here is not a big priority for her,if I'm wrong please correct me.
Kithrya is their a chance of you at least posting weekly updates?

Level 5

Not really sure how much has been shown so far, since I don't really track this thread. But I'll explain some stuff basing on this promo image.

The first part is of course the background story, I could translate it but it's too much work for now and I also need a solid permission. Perhaps someday.

Second part is generally the introduction to the map/campaign.

Survive in a deadzone.
Stand up and expand your camp. Search for weapons and supplies in a ruined, brutal world. Upgrade and craft your own weaponry. Merge elements and equipment.
Find friends, support each other in fight for survival. Or perhaps you will forge a pact with local pirates?

Find out what happened in Area 11. Find the way to escape or drift into the depths of abandoned town.

Four alternative endings.

- Bloody, dark atmosphere of devastated world.
- High Quality 3D Models and textures.
- Extensive and obscure locations.
- Swift synergy of survival horror and elements of strategy.
- Advanced interaction with environment.
- Possibility of having companions.
- Lockpick system, NPC conversations.
- The personal diary system, that introduces and leads players through quests and progress in an unusual way.
- Numerous of mysteries and riddles.
- Climatic soundtrack.
- Selfmade audio effects.
- The map requires merely 1.0 ENB Series version (optional).
- Map size : 400x400!
- The file base buffering system to achieve full performance.

Then, of course, you can see three objects, that slowly introduce you into your very own camp systems.

From a few broken sticks to the fortress.
Three unique locations to pick for your future camp - let it become your very own home.
Collect useful materials : metal, wood, cloth, rocks, everything that could come in handy. Fortify the entrances when night comes, travel during the day.
Defend yourself from hordes of infected and a handful of survivors, who want your goods.

- Building creator based on simple attachment system.

Apart from regular mutated people and animals, you'll encounter many other danger.

Especially beware of crazy pyromancer, that you can face in most unexpected moments. Or even deadly robot from Machine Graveyard.

Sometimes, the escape is the only way.

Shooting lead in every direction won't help you. Sooner or later, you'll run out of ammunition. Each bullet is worth a million in this world.

- Detection system, checks how much noise you generate in the vicinity of opponents, especially at night. Sometimes it's better to sneak and avoid eye contact with your enemies.

If you move about too loud, you'll have to run even louder.

Entities like dogs are armed with sharp senses that grant them bonus to detection.

Seems like it's everything.

As for the development, it's merely a speculation, but I'm quite certain it's not dead. Just stay put for updates, she had put so much heart and effort into creation of this map - it's definitely worth waiting for.

I hope you won't bury me six feet underground for that, Kithraya.
Best regards.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
I wonder if kithraya even checks up here anymore, only if she could just keep posting updates like every month. This is a project that I will always keep checking up on the map.

Level 1
Well, even on "That Polish Forum" she was online for the last time for 1 months ago already so...
I think that it's her another break and we will need to wait for a new update for 2+ months again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.