1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Realistic Flowing Water

Submitted by WerBackIII
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

This is a reskin of the water texture.

It is a realistic 350x350 flowing water texture. If you complain about the size, let me note that there is no way you can use this in Multiplayer maps, as the water texture consists of 45 separate files. It gives you pretty neat quality even when you zoom in.

To use, import all files in your map, and change the path to:

ReplaceableTextures/Water/Water00.blp
ReplaceableTextures/Water/Water01.blp
ReplaceableTextures/Water/Water02.blp
ReplaceableTextures/Water/Water43.blp
ReplaceableTextures/Water/Water44.blp

I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Works on almost all tilesets, except for Outland (obviously) - it screws up the void there. I'd recommend using Icecrown, Dungeon, Black Citadel and Barrens (especially Barrens!), as the game renders the texture much more desaturated and it can be tinted easily.

Shown above is the Cityscape render without any tinting, and a version with slight tinting.

I'd most likely create a non-flowing version, as it currently looks funny and odd when the water is flowing from the shore inwards. Won't happen soon, though, cause I have more work to do - even here, for the Hive projects.

Made with Genetica.

You can redistribute, modify or change this texture any way you like, but I'd be happy if you leave credits for the original work.

PS: I cannot find a way to upload this as a pack. It seems that I must first upload the resources one by one, in order to get them approved. However, I do believe that nobody wants the skin section flooded with 45 similar 350x350 water textures.

Therefore, I upload this as a map, and delete the pack resource I've created earlier. I'd still prefer this to be uploaded as a pack, or as a skin archive (also impossible at the moment).

Keywords:
water, texture, realistic, flowing, skin, reskin, high-res
Contents

Realistic Flowing Water (Map)

Reviews
19:43, 7th Oct 2012 Vengeancekael: Quite useful, more for terrain templates or singleplayer maps however.
  1. 19:43, 7th Oct 2012
    Vengeancekael: Quite useful, more for terrain templates or singleplayer maps however.

2. DESTROYER123

DESTROYER123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why not posting this as a model or skin???

3. Xtrheo

Xtrheo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Impressive result!
    As you said a non-flowing version would be better.
    4/5

4. WerBackIII

WerBackIII

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a reskin of the water model, so I can't post it as a model.

As for a skin - it is not possible to upload a zip archive in the skins section. And I guess nobody wants to see it flooded with 45 350x350 similar textures.

I tried as a pack, but it doesn't work as well.

5. HOooDy

HOooDy

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks like a flood.

6. Maestros

Maestros

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is so, awesome bro. Good Job!

7. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It looks more like quick silver than like water. Water should be blue.

8. Maestros

Maestros

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Oh dear!

9. WerBackIII

WerBackIII

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I left it that way intentionally so that it could be easily tinted. Also, try different tilesets, water is rendered in different ways.

10. BlackKnightTGS

BlackKnightTGS

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice and useful.
    Although, might be nitpicking, but too bad it doesn't turn green for the Felwood tileset or red for the Dungeon one. Otherwise, it's pretty kickass.

11. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Holy shit?? @.@
    You are da best!! Now!! 5/5 +REPT!!

12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As much as i would love to like this, i have to agree with Animalpower - even with color tinting there is something about the texture that makes it look very metallic.
    Good job at making it so fluent and looping though, did you use some kind of generator for this?

13. Total_Warrior

Total_Warrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh my this is awesome. Really helps with my cinematic. Thanks!

14. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is simply amazing! This is very useful in high quality maps. I too have done the same thing, but my texture is from frozen throne main menu ;) +rep